OTAs 5/28

43 minutes ago, noacls said:

I'm not sold on Stroud either. There are now 17 games of film on him and they are playing a 1st place schedule. Expecting a sophomore slump. 

Do think Ryans will be a goid coach though. 

He looks like the next Josh Allen, to me.  Big arm, confidence, can make any throw, and an upbeat, positive and effective leader that his team seems to really like, respect and rally around.

But I do hope I am wrong!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

man i have to say I am super horny for Ray Davis.  Liked him when I read about and watched him and then being told what I was about him last week in regards to another team that wanted him.....I can't wait to see him play.

Cook is the guy here but Davis is going to have a great season.  I can not wait to see the role they create for him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

He is going to have a huge season.  I really don't see anyway barring injury they are not a top 3 offense from a production standpoint.  He might throw for like 5000 plus yards and lead the league.

The system he plays in basically guarantees he will be extremely productive and limit turnovers.  Only the really terrible qb's turn the ball over in that system.  

We’ll see. I remember defenses adjusting to Allen (e.g. preventing him from rolling out right). Texans also play a division winner schedule this year instead of a cupcake last place in the NFL schedule.

In the playoffs he looked good against the Browns, but the blowout victory was because Flacco threw TWO pick-6 interceptions. And the Ravens completely shut Stroud down. He only passed for a single first down the second half of that game while the Ravens pulled away.

I expect teams to take away the deep stuff from Stroud this year, and force him to dink and dunk them (similar to how defenses play Allen and Mahomes).

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

He is going to have a huge season.  I really don't see anyway barring injury they are not a top 3 offense from a production standpoint.  He might throw for like 5000 plus yards and lead the league.

The system he plays in basically guarantees he will be extremely productive and limit turnovers.  Only the really terrible qb's turn the ball over in that system.  

I like Stroud as much as anybody outside his mom, he had an excellent rookie season and he very well may reach those lofty expectations you have for him.

I think playing in perfect passing conditions as much as he will this year and every year he plays in Houston is and will continue to be the biggest factor in helping him achieve massive passing numbers. Drew Breese put himself into the hall of fame with the help of playing in a dome in the south.

I believe Stroud will be a top 5 QB this year and will be in that group with Lamar and Burrow right below Mahomes and Allen.

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

man i have to say I am super horny for Ray Davis.  Liked him when I read about and watched him and then being told what I was about him last week in regards to another team that wanted him.....I can't wait to see him play.

Cook is the guy here but Davis is going to have a great season.  I can not wait to see the role they create for him.

Ya Cook had over 1500 scrimmage yards, Davis should finally be the short yard back they been looking for so Josh doesn't have to run in those situations.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he looks like Karlos Williams out there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya Cook had over 1500 scrimmage yards, Davis should finally be the short yard back they been looking for so Josh doesn't have to run in those situations.  

Nice analogy! Just hope he lasts longer!

50 minutes ago, julian said:

I like Stroud as much as anybody outside his mom, he had an excellent rookie season and he very well may reach those lofty expectations you have for him.

I think playing in perfect passing conditions as much as he will this year and every year he plays in Houston is and will continue to be the biggest factor in helping him achieve massive passing numbers. Drew Breese put himself into the hall of fame with the help of playing in a dome in the south.

I believe Stroud will be a top 5 QB this year and will be in that group with Lamar and Burrow right below Mahomes and Allen.

58 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

We’ll see. I remember defenses adjusting to Allen (e.g. preventing him from rolling out right). Texans also play a division winner schedule this year instead of a cupcake last place in the NFL schedule.

In the playoffs he looked good against the Browns, but the blowout victory was because Flacco threw TWO pick-6 interceptions. And the Ravens completely shut Stroud down. He only passed for a single first down the second half of that game while the Ravens pulled away.

I expect teams to take away the deep stuff from Stroud this year, and force him to dink and dunk them (similar to how defenses play Allen and Mahomes).

Its all about the offensive system they play in.  They have good players and an excellent play caller in the leagues best system.  They play inside most of the year.  Stroud is going to have a monster year.  I expect to lead the league in multiple categories.

I can't remember the name of the player but there is a player who was with shanahan I think in Washington and he said in regards to the offense, if the qb knows even a little of what he is doing the offense is idiot proof.  This is why guys like RGIII had great years in that system.  

Will they win their division, the afc or a super bowl....I have no idea but I am very confident they are going to throw the ball all over the building every week and rack up some incredible numbers.

36 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yea cook is the lead guy.  I was not that impressed his first year but last year he turned inside and ran the ball better. It felt like to me the rookie year he was running the sideline to much.   He was way better last year.

I am hoping this becomes running back by committee though and Davis is given a ton of carries, especially late in the game when the Bills have a lead.  

It's going to be fun to see how they go about it.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Wait a minute!!! I read on here last week only Diggs skipped OTAs. What's up with all these me first guys skipping OTA. What's the dead cap if we trade Cook, AJE, and Oliver??

Let me know when one of these guys continuously upstages their Quarterback, misses the first day of Camp, tweets non-sense constantly, and has his brother asking the world to get him out of Buffalo.

People go a hell of a long ways to make the organization look bad over just admitting what was clearly obvious, Diggs was a constant distraction.   May want to hurry up and get on the Houston bandwagon, its filling up quick.  

• Like (+1) 4

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Wait a minute!!! I read on here last week only Diggs skipped OTAs. What's up with all these me first guys skipping OTA. What's the dead cap if we trade Cook, AJE, and Oliver??

Every player has participated this offseason except Rasul Douglas. Douglas is looking for a new contract.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Its all about the offensive system they play in.  They have good players and an excellent play caller in the leagues best system.  They play inside most of the year.  Stroud is going to have a monster year.  I expect to lead the league in multiple categories.

I can't remember the name of the player but there is a player who was with shanahan I think in Washington and he said in regards to the offense, if the qb knows even a little of what he is doing the offense is idiot proof.  This is why guys like RGIII had great years in that system.  

Will they win their division, the afc or a super bowl....I have no idea but I am very confident they are going to throw the ball all over the building every week and rack up some incredible numbers.

Yea cook is the lead guy.  I was not that impressed his first year but last year he turned inside and ran the ball better. It felt like to me the rookie year he was running the sideline to much.   He was way better last year.

I am hoping this becomes running back by committee though and Davis is given a ton of carries, especially late in the game when the Bills have a lead.  

It's going to be fun to see how they go about it.

ya i agree on Cooks running style changing but gotta give a ton of credit to Ocyrus and McGovern,  which made everey olinemen better. 

And ya Cook will def be the lead back but they'll keep him fresh w Davis and Johnson, even Samuel back there once in a while like in Wash. Davis can catch the ball really really well too for a big guy. Brady finally seemed to make a point of getting our RBs involved in pass game

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

He looks like the next Josh Allen, to me.  Big arm, confidence, can make any throw, and an upbeat, positive and effective leader that his team seems to really like, respect and rally around.

But I do hope I am wrong!

I think he’s gonna be great, top 5 even but he looks nothing like Allen, and in fairness to the kid nobody does.

When are people going to realize the one of one we’re currently witnessing in Buffalo, based off our very small sample size I’m really encouraged by what Stroud has shown. With a tougher schedule and nobody sleeping on them we’ll see how he handles it.

ps. I wasn’t referring to you, but fans in general when I said “people”

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There is definitely some shade being thrown about "not funneling to just one player" and "everyone is part of success even if they are not touching the ball" 

I'm Paraphrasing, but Brady certainly seems to be indicating that the loss of Diggs talent is at least partially offset by getting in a greater variety of skill sets and because there is no WR 1 that playing time and targets are completely up for grabs for those who prove it in practice. If anything that sounds like a spark we missed last year

Brady said...  “I think the guys last year — obviously it wasn’t exactly how we wanted, and didn’t end how we wanted it to end.  But the guys kind of played together and it’s kind of, hey, in this offense, everyone is going to eat. And they’ve got to have the mindset that it’s not just about one person — no one’s bigger than the offense. But, in order for someone else to have success, I’ve got to do my job so they have success and then vice versa. So that’s the biggest thing that we’re preaching right now.”

The biggest thing Brady's preaching is that everyone needs to do their job - even if it's not time for them to eat.  In other words, teamwork and high effort on every play.  If that's his biggest thing to preach this year, is it because he didn't believe we had that going on last year?  That's what I think.  As he said, "The guys kind of played together" last season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, noacls said:

He will out produce him this year. At best Diggs will be 3rd option. Collins is clear 1 with contract he signed and Tank will be 2. 

No matter how it shakes out number of receptions-wise, Houston looks scary...

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Brady said...  “I think the guys last year — obviously it wasn’t exactly how we wanted, and didn’t end how we wanted it to end.  But the guys kind of played together and it’s kind of, hey, in this offense, everyone is going to eat. And they’ve got to have the mindset that it’s not just about one person — no one’s bigger than the offense. But, in order for someone else to have success, I’ve got to do my job so they have success and then vice versa. So that’s the biggest thing that we’re preaching right now.”

The biggest thing Brady's preaching is that everyone needs to do their job - even if it's not time for them to eat.  In other words, teamwork and high effort on every play.  If that's his biggest thing to preach this year, is it because he didn't believe we had that going on last year?  That's what I think.  As he said, "The guys kind of played together" last season.  

Also, has anybody noticed that Joe Brady looks a little more like an adult this year as opposed to last year where he looked a little bit like "Malibu's Most Wanted"

Turn Up Dancing GIF by Bounce

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.