OTAs 5/28

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think Elam is better than his snap percentage would have you think. He shut down Tyreek Hill a couple of times and has had several game changing INTs despite limited playing time... I just hope the coaching staff lets him get on the field.

Either way you can't read much if anything into secondhand reports of OTA performances. This time of year I'm more interested to see how certain roster battles are playing out and where players appear to be stacked on the depth chart.

Elam, so far, looks like 80% of Sauce Gardner.. If Sauce got called for holding and was playing in the wrong defense for his skillset. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

totally unrelated question,

Read the story about Joe Andrreesen from Lancastet getting a hat on h the bills, story said he could be the second Lancaster Legend to lay in the NFL.  who was the first?

Don Majkowski??? From Depew but same dif 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Not a scout myself but he's a physical freak, has awesome swagger and appears to want to put in the work to continue to level up

Plus has a top 2 QB at his disposal

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's a 1000 yard receiver this year

You know that's not outproducing Diggs right?

Diggs had almost 1200 yards last year.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Wait what?  He said it's built around his players, but Josh is the focus, it's his offense.

So he is going to scheme guys open with Josh's inpute and helping those guys help Josh.

I'm missing the problem here.

The bastards!

Impossible!  I read right here he won't be good...40 time...blah blah blah...

lol

ya I swear I read he ran a 5.9 40 here

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There is definitely some shade being thrown about "not funneling to just one player" and "everyone is part of success even if they are not touching the ball" 

I'm Paraphrasing, but Brady certainly seems to be indicating that the loss of Diggs talent is at least partially offset by getting in a greater variety of skill sets and because there is no WR 1 that playing time and targets are completely up for grabs for those who prove it in practice. If anything that sounds like a spark we missed last year

I don't think the shade is intentional actually. It says something about Diggs as a person that a lot of generic buzz phrase soundbites we're getting this offseason sound like subtle criticisms of him.

"Receivers can't be selfish"

"We have to spread the ball around"

"The receivers have to be on the same page as Josh Allen"

"Josh Allen is the leader of the offense"

These entirely normal throwaway soundbites take on a whole different meaning because of Diggs' reputation. As concerned as I am about the WR room I don't regret one bit that we got rid of him. Adversity will inevitably hit the room but everyone can work through it instead of walking on eggshells.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, FireChans said:

You know that's not outproducing Diggs right?

Diggs had almost 1200 yards last year.

As well as being paid 20 something mil. 

If we can have a guy on his rookie contract go 1k+ , that's a massive W for the Bills and overall out producing Diggs, being that we were able to add multiple players for that same cap hit 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

As well as being paid 20 something mil. 

If we can have a guy on his rookie contract go 1k+ , that's a massive W for the Bills and overall out producing Diggs

I don't think having less yards, TD's or first downs is outproducing, personally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I mean I'm counting finances as well..

That’s not really production though. 

I think there’s a good chance that dollar for dollar Keon Coleman does more for less money than Diggs did in 2023 but that’s really easy. If he has a $2M cap hit, that means he’d have to hit like 171 yards on the season to outproduce Diggs from a yards/dollars ratio. If he hits 200 yards, I certainly won’t say he’s wildly out producing Diggs lol. 

If Coleman has a more productive 2024 than Diggs did in 2023 I would be wildly surprised and it would be awesome. If he has an 800 yard season, I don’t think I’m gonna say he outproduced Diggs 400%.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Don Majkowski??? From Depew but same dif 

I graduated from Lancaster the same year the Majik man graduated from Depew.  He was a really good athlete in HS, I played basketball against him, but once he went to college he went next level.  I remember playing pickup basketball with him at the Boys club one break when we were in college - wasn't often guys were throwing down jams at will at the Lancaster Boys Club back in the day 😛 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ngbills said:

Bass confidence sky high until McD passes up trying 50 yard FG's...then he misses 40 yarders when it counts. 

Translated:

"I hate the Buffalo Bills, every aspect of their team and every move they make, asdespise their leaders, McDermott and Beane.  If either man said that 'the sky is blue today' I would immediately refute that and make the case for their firings based on that horrible  observation.

Please share my hate."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

I don't think having less yards, TD's or first downs is outproducing, personally.

He will out produce him this year. At best Diggs will be 3rd option. Collins is clear 1 with contract he signed and Tank will be 2. 

Just now, noacls said:

He will out produce him this year. At best Diggs will be 3rd option. Collins is clear 1 with contract he signed and Tank will be 2. 

that numbering system of the 1 the 2 etc...means nothing.  

Those guys are all going to get the ball in houston plus schultz will get a bunch too.  They are all going to get a role and be productive in that offense playing most of their games inside in domes.  They play inside in 11 games, they play in only 1 potential bad weather game at KC in december.  Stroud is going to throw it all over the place all year.

Bobby Slowik is running Shanahan's system, the best offensive system in the league.  They are going to use a bunch of different formations with those same guys and they are all going to make plays.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

that numbering system of the 1 the 2 etc...means nothing.  

Those guys are all going to get the ball in houston plus schultz will get a bunch too.  They are all going to get a role and be productive in that offense playing most of their games inside in domes.  They play inside in 11 games, they play in only 1 potential bad weather game at KC in december.  Stroud is going to throw it all over the place all year.

Bobby Slowik is running Shanahan's system, the best offensive system in the league.  They are going to use a bunch of different formations with those same guys and they are all going to make plays.

I'm not sold on Stroud either. There are now 17 games of film on him and they are playing a 1st place schedule. Expecting a sophomore slump. 

Do think Ryans will be a goid coach though. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, noacls said:

I'm not sold on Stroud either. There are now 17 games of film on him and they are playing a 1st place schedule. Expecting a sophomore slump. 

Do think Ryans will be a goid coach though. 

He is going to have a huge season.  I really don't see anyway barring injury they are not a top 3 offense from a production standpoint.  He might throw for like 5000 plus yards and lead the league.

The system he plays in basically guarantees he will be extremely productive and limit turnovers.  Only the really terrible qb's turn the ball over in that system.  

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.