OTAs 5/28

4 minutes ago, yall said:

So re: #3....

Our CB that can't seem to get on the field is blanketing out new WR that reportedly can't separate.

I try not to read much into OTA's but I'm going to take the positive route and hope that means Elam is gonna his his stride in year 3.

It could mean nothing at all. It might even be there just to drive you to engage

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

Ideally you’d like to see Coleman dominate Elam, it’d suggest that our shiny new WR will likely be a problem for other corners as well, but maybe Elam’s game has taken a step forward? We’ll see how it plays out over the next couple months. We know no corner in camp could check Diggs and even Gabe Davis had tons of “he’s unguardable” notes.

It is Florida Vs. Florida State.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

Kid has the swagger and work ethic

Idk, I feel like he'll have an immediate impact 

Feel like this WR class will be epic and Coleman will be a top 3-5 WR

By far the best WR in the "2nd tier" and overlap 1-2 or more of the guys in tier 1.

Ultimately meaning he'll be a way better option than Diggs production wise and financially 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Kid has the seagger and work ethic

By far the best WR in the "2nd tier" and overlap 1-2 or more of the guys in tier 1.

Ultimately meaning he'll be a way better option than Diggs production wise and financially 

I'm no scout but this doesn't look very smooth to me.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t care for the “this is Josh’s offense.” I think we need someone who schemes guys open and makes things much easier for Josh. 

I don't think Brady is saying he won't do this.  I think he's saying he's building his offense around the skills of the players on the roster.  And that starts with Josh.  

I'm sure Brady has the desire to scheme guys open but it remains to be seen if he has the ability.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm no scout but this doesn't look very smooth to me.

Not a scout myself but he's a physical freak, has awesome swagger and appears to want to put in the work to continue to level up

Plus has a top 2 QB at his disposal

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's a 1000 yard receiver this year

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

Ideally you’d like to see Coleman dominate Elam, it’d suggest that our shiny new WR will likely be a problem for other corners as well, but maybe Elam’s game has taken a step forward? We’ll see how it plays out over the next couple months. We know no corner in camp could check Diggs and even Gabe Davis had tons of “he’s unguardable” notes.

I think Elam is better than his snap percentage would have you think. He shut down Tyreek Hill a couple of times and has had several game changing INTs despite limited playing time... I just hope the coaching staff lets him get on the field.

Either way you can't read much if anything into secondhand reports of OTA performances. This time of year I'm more interested to see how certain roster battles are playing out and where players appear to be stacked on the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

There is definitely some shade being thrown about "not funneling to just one player" and "everyone is part of success even if they are not touching the ball" 

I'm Paraphrasing, but Brady certainly seems to be indicating that the loss of Diggs talent is at least partially offset by getting in a greater variety of skill sets and because there is no WR 1 that playing time and targets are completely up for grabs for those who prove it in practice. If anything that sounds like a spark we missed last year

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Elam whooped Coleman? TWICE? 

BUST!

AND ...... You can time Coleman with a calendar too in the 40!  😉 

Who would've thought Coleman would face the most negativity from some of his own fan base... 😐 

I'm rooting for him now out of spite, not as a Bills fan, but to zip some lips on this board. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Good question. The school's wiki page lists famous alumns, but no football players.

Alumni

Pat Dobson – baseball player[27]

Christopher A. Kojm – Deputy director of the 9/11 Commission; professor of international relations at George Washington University[28][29]

Jim McCloskey – baseball player[30]

Jack Philips – baseball player[31]

Mary Saxer – pole vaulter[32]

Ryan Vinz – Ice hockey goalie[33]

Angela Wozniak – New York State legislator[34]

Leugim Castillo – baseball player [35]

They forgot my name WTF

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Exactly. That’s the problem with everything that happens prior to real football games being played. If you hear in camp the defense is ahead of the offense, the offense sucks. If Elam can shut down our top draft pick, we lost the draft.

All this stuff goes back and forth, but wouldn’t it be great if Elam has figured out how to use his physical tools in our defense? That would be like found money to some degree. 

I thought it was a bit for , being hopeful for Elam type of a comment ?

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t care for the “this is Josh’s offense.” I think we need someone who schemes guys open and makes things much easier for Josh. 

Wait what?  He said it's built around his players, but Josh is the focus, it's his offense.

So he is going to scheme guys open with Josh's inpute and helping those guys help Josh.

I'm missing the problem here.

8 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

They forgot my name WTF

The bastards!

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Kid has the seagger and work ethic

Impossible!  I read right here he won't be good...40 time...blah blah blah...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Wait what?  He said it's built around his players, but Josh is the focus, it's his offense.

So he is going to scheme guys open with Josh's inpute and helping those guys help Josh.

I'm missing the problem here.

Let me try again

Scheme guys open for Josh , so he doesnt have to think. Just read and react

Better ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He was damn clear "everyone is gonna eat" and "no one is bigger than the offense".  Fans can say what they want,  but that's a clear message to anyone wanting to play offense here. ( yes if feel that was addressing Diggs)

It's #17's show and that's it, that is all.

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Let me try again

Scheme guys open for Josh , so he doesnt have to think. Just read and react

Better ?

Hr said he doesn't want to think.  The offense will continue to evolve, but initially it's a KISS method.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.