OTAs 5/28

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Brady said...  “I think the guys last year — obviously it wasn’t exactly how we wanted, and didn’t end how we wanted it to end.  But the guys kind of played together and it’s kind of, hey, in this offense, everyone is going to eat. And they’ve got to have the mindset that it’s not just about one person — no one’s bigger than the offense. But, in order for someone else to have success, I’ve got to do my job so they have success and then vice versa. So that’s the biggest thing that we’re preaching right now.”

The biggest thing Brady's preaching is that everyone needs to do their job - even if it's not time for them to eat.  In other words, teamwork and high effort on every play.  If that's his biggest thing to preach this year, is it because he didn't believe we had that going on last year?  That's what I think.  As he said, "The guys kind of played together" last season.  

Sounds to me like Diggs didn't buy in last year and only put in effort when it was 'his time to eat'. Not surprising the team decided to move in another direction. Diggs, understandably, wants the attention for being great. The issue lies in that he can't stand getting outshined, especially when the team loses and he thinks he didn't get his fair shake to make an impact. 

Honestly, the only ego the Bills should feed is Allen's. Look at the Pats and Chiefs, no one is bigger or more important than the head honcho (Allen/Brady/Mahomes).

Mind you, in my glory days I was definitely more of a Diggs than an Allen. And in hindsight, it not only hindered my growth and development but the ceiling of the teams I played on.

So I can see how Diggs impact could be both positive and negative on an aspiring championship team.  I'm not sure if he'll ever win a superbowl as it stands, this might be his last best chance this year..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He was damn clear "everyone is gonna eat" and "no one is bigger than the offense".  Fans can say what they want,  but that's a clear message to anyone wanting to play offense here. ( yes if feel that was addressing Diggs)

It's #17's show and that's it, that is all.

Hr said he doesn't want to think.  The offense will continue to evolve, but initially it's a KISS method.

I am fine with that mantra.

Play fast.

Eye work should become muscle memory when scanning

Hoping Connor can set some nice protections 😉
Or that Kid.

yea the Diggs thang backlash of sorts for sure

21 hours ago, jahnyc said:

I think this is the second set of OTAs that Douglas has not participated in.  Is he unhappy about his contract situation?

Veteran pov ? Give more reps to the ones who might need it this early ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/28/2024 at 2:17 PM, rsxfirefighter said:

"Rondell Bothroyd wasn't among those selected in the 2024 NFL Draft, but the 6-foot-3, 273-pounder out of Manchester, Connecticut, will have an opportunity not too far from his hometown to begin his NFL journey. Bothroyd agreed to sign with the Buffalo Bills late Saturday night after the completion of the seventh round."

Yup.  He is on the team roster at www.buffalobills.com

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.