NFL plans to have over $25 Billion per year in revenue by 2027

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well, there are certain communities do that think that way. I'm sure you've run into your share of NIMBYs in your line of work.

Absolutely. California is crawling with them. I find it hard to believe that the City of Orchard Park is the driving force behind the lack of an Applebees across the street from the stadium though. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Absolutely. California is crawling with them. I find it hard to believe that the City of Orchard Park is the driving force behind the lack of an Applebees across the street from the stadium though. 

Maybe a TBDer who lives there could explain?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe a TBDer who lives there could explain?

I’m still not sure where you’re going with this. The location of the new stadium is clearly a done deal (in case you haven’t seen the photos) and the current one has been at that location for half a century…all without a Chilis restaurant anywhere to be found. It doesn’t seem to be bothering anyone but you. Are you that committed to popping in for some baby backs on gameday morning? 😉

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m still not sure where you’re going with this. The location of the new stadium is clearly a done deal (in case you haven’t seen the photos) and the current one has been at that location for half a century…all without a Chilis restaurant anywhere to be found. It doesn’t seem to be bothering anyone but you. Are you that committed to popping in for some baby backs on gameday morning? 😉

I think you have the wrong impression. I don't care what they put there. I just think it's odd nothing is there. Seems like an opportunity missed.

On 5/27/2024 at 6:21 PM, Big Turk said:

Kinda crazy how the NFL basically prints money.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-wants-25-billion-revenues-110229707.html

When you can do this....

Screenshot-2024-05-28-22-47-36-98-40deb4

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2024 at 3:21 PM, Big Turk said:

It has been in motion for quite sometime and it appears they will not only meet their goal but likely surpass it thanks to a new Netflix deal being worked on along with some other things in the pipeline.

Kinda crazy how the NFL basically prints money.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-wants-25-billion-revenues-110229707.html

And then doesn’t spend it.  Examples: getting cities/counties/states to pony up for new stadiums,  not paying Super Bowl halftime entertainment and getting volunteers to move stages, etc. for said performances.  What a bunch of cheap money-grabbing a-holes!

I think, at this point, if I didn’t grow up with the Bills, I’d probably stop watching the NFL, as I have baseball.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think you have the wrong impression. I don't care what they put there. I just think it's odd nothing is there. Seems like an opportunity missed.

I apologize if I got the wrong impression but the dialogue answers your question. There’s no desire (maybe even from you) for such a development. When watching one of the stadium construction fly over drone videos I was struck by how little there is anywhere around Orchard Park. When the drone looks to the horizon you can’t see a building for miles in any direction. It’s far from a commercial real estate hub….thats for sure! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When you can do this....

Screenshot-2024-05-28-22-47-36-98-40deb4

Something like 75 of the top 100 viewed shows in the US in a given year are NFL football games.

Think about that for a minute. Out of every other show on TV over the course of a year, only 25 are not some form of NFL football game. That includes all the once a year major award shows, other sporting events, the Kentucky Derby, popular major shows on Primetime Network TV, etc.

Literally a random week 7 NFL game outdraws the most popular TV award show that comes on once a year.

It's insane...

13 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

And then doesn’t spend it.  Examples: getting cities/counties/states to pony up for new stadiums,  not paying Super Bowl halftime entertainment and getting volunteers to move stages, etc. for said performances.  What a bunch of cheap money-grabbing a-holes!

I think, at this point, if I didn’t grow up with the Bills, I’d probably stop watching the NFL, as I have baseball.

Why would they pay for someone who is getting 300+ million viewers to watch them live that they couldn't buy for any amount of money?

If anything , the NFL should have them paying THEM to perform there.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Something like 75 of the top 100 viewed shows in the US in a given year are NFL football games.

Think about that for a minute. Out of every other show on TV over the course of a year, only 25 are not some form of NFL football game. That includes all the once a year major award shows, other sporting events, the Kentucky Derby, popular major shows on Primetime Network TV, etc.

Literally a random week 7 NFL game outdraws the most popular TV award show that comes on once a year.

It's insane...

Why would they pay for someone who is getting 300+ million viewers to watch them live that they couldn't buy for any amount of money?

If anything , the NFL should have them paying THEM to perform there.

Is this Terry Pegula or one of his kids defending him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.