Man I hate the fact Von Miller is on this team.

I think last season the media and this board were very interested to see when he'd come back, and what type of player he'd be upon his return.  It was a big storyline.

This year the storyline is - "Will he make the team?"

Expectations are so low for the guy that even being a mediocre contributor, and maybe situational pass rusher - would be exceeding expectations.  It's a vastly different story than a year ago.  

On 5/27/2024 at 12:50 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Not understanding why the Bills couldn't have done it like the rams did it, one year rental, whatever happens happens.

6 years 120 million for an edge over 30 is just stupid

Maybe Von wouldn't take that deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

I don't hate he is on the team. I hate that an investment went to waste. I am not in the building or aware of the big picture impact he has on the people around him. 

He might have made a huge difference in ways I don't know. Tre White has been a miss in the big picture. The Jets lost Rogers and it tanked thier season.

That is the nature of the beast. You have to over come adversity. You have to roll the dice sometimes.

Edited by Lfod

Sucks he got hurt.  The return we were getting on our investment was of equal value imo.  It came with risk and backfired. The fact that he took a pay cut lessens the blow.  

On 5/27/2024 at 1:03 PM, 4th&long said:

And this hasn’t been talked about 750,000 times already? It is what it is at this point. We can hope he returns to pre injury form or they can get out of the contract after this season if I’m not mistaken.

Exactly.  This has been discussed to death.  Most Bills fans want him to come back to form, but it’s ok to be skeptical until we see it.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 12:44 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What an atrocious contract that was. Should have been a fireable offense, it's lead weights on the ankles when you're trying to swim. Can we REALLY roll the guy out there this year?

The more you post, the more I become convinced that you're a troll.  

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 2

On 5/27/2024 at 12:46 PM, oldmanfan said:

BS.  He was playing great until the ACL tear.   It takes more than one year to fully get over one, so we’ll see how he plays this season.

So if OP started this thread in October if Von still isn't playing well that would be OK? 

But posting in May/June about the contract of the old and injured player without much recent production is bad? 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mango said:

So if OP started this thread in October if Von still isn't playing well that would be OK? 

But posting in May/June about the contract of the old and injured player without much recent production is bad? 

Really don't get the defensiveness over a guy who played effectively 3/4ths of a season for the Bills. Don't @ me about last year, either, team would have been better with him on IR

9 hours ago, SoTier said:

The more you post, the more I become convinced that you're a troll.  

Irony

50 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Well aint you special!

Yes.

In many different ways.

12 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

My question about Von is…. Is he motivated anymore?

Fantastic question. Would you be if you were being paid tens of millions of dollars to basically do nothing

19 hours ago, Lfod said:

I am not in the building or aware of the big picture impact he has on the people around him. 

He could be the most expensive cheerleader in the history of the NFL

22 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Why so many negative reactions to a true statement?

That contract was awful.  The Cowboys were smart to not match it.

Good not everyone here is completely blinkered

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Yes.  Because you don’t get back to full speed in a year after an ACL.  Von tried last year but it was obvious to anyone watching he wasn’t close to normal.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

My question about Von is…. Is he motivated anymore?

I think he is.  If he weren't, he wouldn't have taken a pay cut that included giving back some of his guaranteed money and was heavily loaded with incentives.

That, to me, says a player who still believes in himself and believes he can get it done, and wants to give it a try.

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  Because you don’t get back to full speed in a year after an ACL.  Von tried last year but it was obvious to anyone watching he wasn’t close to normal.

Injury or not Von hasn’t produced to his overall cap number to date. 

Discussing whether or not he will be worth $15M this year seems valid. 

Even if he has a $15M season, it is all but guaranteed that he won’t outproduce his total career cap number in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

59 minutes ago, Mango said:

Injury or not Von hasn’t produced to his overall cap number to date. 

Discussing whether or not he will be worth $15M this year seems valid. 

Even if he has a $15M season, it is all but guaranteed that he won’t outproduce his total career cap number in Buffalo. 

Injury or not.  Brilliant.

41 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Injury or not.  Brilliant.

There is a cost to the team, cap dollars. And there is a production on the field. When you pay a guy $25M per the operating window for value is much smaller compared to a guy like Nico Collins early in his career. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 4:59 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yessss. I expressed my doubt on the day of the signing.

Did you - really - because I went through the Von Miller signing thread and you were conspicuously absent in your dissent - 63 pages and your name did not show up in review or search.

There was a lot of complaints by a couple of known trolls that seem to no longer post. 

So that brings me to the conclusion of either:

1) You decided to complain elsewhere and did not want to do it on this board (or are hindsight complaining).

or 

2) You used to post more frequently under a different name/avatar and now are trying to reconcile the change.

I am sorry if you can provide some proof, but I did not see it any of the Von threads and it would really track if you had a alternate name that that was complaining.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.