Man I hate the fact Von Miller is on this team.

22 hours ago, Roundybout said:

He was on pace for something like 15 sacks before his ACL. I hate revisionist history. 

That equates to $750,000 per sack, when he was healthy. Beane is incompetent. The only reason he and McClappy are still around is because they lucked out on drafting Josh Allen.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, julian said:

Some fans just can’t handle adversity, which seems odd considering what this fanbase has endured.

That's a ridiculous take. "What this fanbase has endured",  is precisely why some can no longer handle adversity. There's tons of them out there who have just lost interest. You don't see them, because they don't come on forums like this anymore. Remember, this futility spans nearly 60 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

That equates to $750,000 per sack, when he was healthy. Beane is incompetent. The only reason he and McClappy are still around is because they lucked out on drafting Josh Allen.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2024 at 12:44 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What an atrocious contract that was. Should have been a fireable offense, it's lead weights on the ankles when you're trying to swim. Can we REALLY roll the guy out there this year?

breaking news

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

That's a ridiculous take. "What this fanbase has endured",  is precisely why some can no longer handle adversity. There's tons of them out there who have just lost interest. You don't see them, because they don't come on forums like this anymore. Remember, this futility spans nearly 60 years.

Good riddance to the weak fans, they’re not missed. It’s  entertainment for gods sake lol, boo hoo 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

At this point bills should take the hit and cut him now.  The (mini) rebuild started when the untradeable diggs was traded.  Buy him out / cut von now and move on.  

I got nothing against von.  It's just his contract is so bad

Edited by TurfToeJam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

17 minutes ago, TurfToeJam said:

At this point bills should take the hit and cut him now.  The (mini) rebuild started when the untradeable diggs was traded.  Buy him out / cut von now and move on.  

agree

22 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I thought about responding and then I decided to scroll first. Saw about 50 people that said the same thing I woulda said. Played outstanding, got hurt, Super Bowl chance went out the door when he got injured.

Dude coulda just kept gobbling up that cash. He did us such a huge favor restructuring and put HIS money where his mouth is. Said I’m going to earn it. That’s a huge move from someone that didn’t need to do that at all. 

Of course, we still have people blasting the move hindsight being what it is. But the fact that he’s still on the team, has a chance to really produce, and took a huge gamble to do so should cut him and the move some slack. 

Nah… that would be the full thinking adult thing to do.

But please, don’t let me keep you from your schtick, regale us with how many sacks he had last year. 

I’m quoting this, because I can. 

11 minutes ago, Cubanmist 1 said:

At one point we were going Gaga when he signed here, and the after he got hurt in a game for us we are suddenly ungrateful. Geesh!

Welcome to TBD

5 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Ethan is expressing his concern over Milano's recovery, while I hope for the best I too am concerned.

Just providing what apparently is what happened; I.e. tibial plateau fracture.  That is no picnic but recovery time is less than an ACL which is good news.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2024 at 11:44 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What an atrocious contract that was. Should have been a fireable offense, it's lead weights on the ankles when you're trying to swim. Can we REALLY roll the guy out there this year?

Why is anyone still responding to an obvious troll?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cubanmist 1 said:

At one point we were going Gaga when he signed here, and the after he got hurt in a game for us we are suddenly ungrateful. Geesh!

who's we?

some of us hated the signing BECAUSE he was over 30

Echo the general sentiment that 99% of the griping is 100% hindsight. Sometimes big swings lead to strikeouts.

I didn't have much faith in his future until a couple things happened;

1) There were a couple brief flashes of bend and explosion in the playoffs that at least resembled the old Von

2) The contract restructure was a player betting on themselves in a major way. I can't think of another example of somebody trading that much money for incentives. He clearly believes he can still make a splash. Now, he also thought he was ready game 1 last year so we'll see...

3 hours ago, TurfToeJam said:

Why? That would make next years cap hit huge. It will be cheaper to just cut him next offseason 

6 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

who's we?

some of us hated the signing BECAUSE he was over 30

Again, did you say this in these forums when it happened? 

9 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Why? That would make next years cap hit huge. It will be cheaper to just cut him next offseason 

Again, did you say this in these forums when it happened? 

Yessss. I expressed my doubt on the day of the signing.

9 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yessss. I expressed my doubt on the day of the signing.

Doubts have turned to anger and disgust. We get it. Had he not gotten hurt, I doubt we are subjected to your rage. You couldn’t go TOO strong at the signing in case he put us over the top for a Super Bowl victory. But now, with hindsight, you are furious. Good for you, Captain. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.