Trump got Boooooooed By Libertarians! ROTFLMAO!

8 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Libertarians are correct that a country that relies on its government to run well is doomed. The government should have as small an impact on life and overall should only impose laws when one persons liberty directly infringes on another's persons liberty. I overall am a libertarian but also understand the impracticality of it as long as we have liberals.

This ideology is as out of date as communism. It cannot work in a world of 7 billion people connected by a tap away.

Shopping isn't as simple as going to the general store for a sack of beans anymore. Every single item in our stores has a laundry list of chemicals and ingredients that have to be carefully regulated for our safety. We know how companies will happily obliterate the environment or sell us goods laced with blatantly dangerous chemicals (Johnson & Johnson, 3M Forever Chemicals, etc.). 

• Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)

Would Joe even dare to show up there?  Then again, Libertarians do sound more like his base...

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Libertarians are correct that a country that relies on its government to run well is doomed. The government should have as small an impact on life and overall should only impose laws when one persons liberty directly infringes on another's persons liberty. I overall am a libertarian but also understand the impracticality of it as long as we have liberals.

tell us how you feel about reproductive liberty....

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

reproductive Liberty

Interesting choice of words by a group that wants electives till birth and abortion medication mail order.  

Lefties always want what they call freedom.  But actually want no part of  outcomes,  for their "free choice actions". 

Lolbertarians booing because someone finally told them the truth. At least Ron Paul won an election or two. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Lolbertarians booing because someone finally told them the truth. At least Ron Paul won an election or two. 

They were booing and cheering. So they don't agree on everything? 

The Libertarian candidate Chase Oliver sounds like somebody progressives would prefer to Biden.

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine taking a victory lap around a guy getting booed by people who ultimately nominated an open borders, transing children supporting communist.

:lol:

Winning Bigly!!

• Like (+1) 1

Started a thread and did not even provide a link to the whole speech ?

Oh well.

"A lot of people ask why I came to speak at this libertarian convention and you know it's an interesting question."

Watch Trump standing up to boos and pushing back:

• Like (+1) 1

The Libertarian Party Shows Why Trump Was Right to Dunk on Them to Their Faces

fd30ce7e-e9b4-4628-b7d5-f8c4c7c6325d-105

I regret to inform you that the Libertarian Party is doing Libertarian Party things again. 

As reported, Donald Trump showed up at the Libertarian National Convention on Friday, and things did not exactly go as planned. The crowd was overly hostile, raining down boos throughout the former president's speech, though he had a few applause lines surrounding a potential pardon of Ross Ulbricht. 

Still, as I argued in the aftermath, that was a good thing for Trump. Showing up and facing people who don't like you shows strength, not weakness. He also dunked on Libertarians to their faces, and that alone was worth the plane ride there. 

To provide a disclaimer, there's a difference between a libertarian and a Libertarian, i.e., someone who is a member of the national party. Sen. Rand Paul is a libertarian, and he's got some great policy positions. Some RedState writers are libertarians as well, and there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, most Republicans hold some libertarian views.

But the Libertarian Party? As an entity, it's a joke, and as if to vindicate Trump's criticisms, this is who they ended up nominating.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/05/27/the-libertarian-party-shows-why-trump-was-right-to-dunk-on-them-to-their-faces-n2174714

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Imagine taking a victory lap around a guy getting booed by people who ultimately nominated an open borders, transing children supporting communist.

:lol:

Winning Bigly!!

Posted (edited)

The Libertarian Party has always been at odds with the political philosophy known as libertarianism. 

But it is now officially intellectually kaput.

Inviting Trump? Then nominating another nobody? There isn't even some minor former governor or congressman ready to abandon the two main parties and their awful candidates?

I'll give people here the benefit of the doubt: many (including me) have a strong libertarian streak. But there is now nowhere to go for us. A true lesser of two evils political environment.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Meme/tweet police arriving in 3…2…

I mean yeah, the core of libertarian idealism is "the government cannot tell you what to do, live your life as you see fit."

Enter the "you are degenerates, we wish to silence you" side of the Right Wing, many members of which post here!

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

mean yeah, the core of libertarian idealism is "the government cannot tell you what to do, live your life as you see fit."

A summary of the bill of rights?  The federal governments mandate at our founding?

It's funny as Lefties used to say, “your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.”

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

A summary of the bill of rights?  The federal governments mandate at our founding?

It's funny as Lefties used to say, “your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.”

So how does the Libertarian guy being around drag queens or whatever affect you? Why is this a big deal?

• Disagree 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

So how does the Libertarian guy being around drag queens or whatever affect you? Why is this a big deal?

It doesn't.  but nice strawman.

like I said, the entire bill of rights supports individual rights.

Most of the founders were into Classical Liberalism. IE, Libertarianism with funding through tariffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

It doesn't.  but nice strawman.

like I said, the entire bill of rights supports individual rights.

Most of the founders were into Classical Liberalism. IE, Libertarianism with funding through tariffs.

Ok, then what is that tweet above saying?