Who was the one player and one coach that would make you the most mad on gamedays?

8 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Coach Hank Bullough.  The mid 80s Bills were a dumpster fire. He went 4-17 in 1985 and half of 1986 season before being replaced by Marv Levy. 

And he was likely the dimmest bulb in the drawer.  Some real quotes:

“We keep beating ourselves, but we're getting better at it.”

“He's making improvement throwing the ball where he's throwing the ball.”
“We'll have a good work ethnic.”

My least favorite Bill of all time has to be Kelvin Benjamin.  Fat, lazy and unmotivated!  

He was definitely from the bargain bin at Big lots🤦‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Player is too easy... Cole Beasley. I simply cannot stand to have a whole bunch of BS bleed over into my football, worse than the Taylor Swift nonsense. Hard to have a unified locker room on gamedays when someone is out creating so many distractions. I love it for the Jets, hate it for the Bills.

Coach is Doug Marrone... if you want to just quit on a team that quickly, just go ahead and retire and find another profession. There is no room in the NFL for a quitter unless you're a desperate team trying to find a way out of hell. Never seen a more arrogant and selfish coach for the Bills in my life!

Of all players, you chose Cole Beasley because his words hurt you? Lol. Ok

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

Posted (edited)

Player...Leodis McKelvin just listening to him talk you could hear his low IQ ,hard to believe he graduated high school let alone went to college. Coach Ronnie Jones his special teams were a disaster 

Edited by Craig Oi
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1) He had TONS of competition but I'm going to run with Guard Marcus Spriggs. He stood still after RJ got destroyed with a very late hit. RJ was bleeding on the turf and not only didn't he retaliate, he walked away and wouldn't help him up. My runner-up would be CJ Spiller. He would get the football and not know which way to run. An absolute, total disaster and the poster boy for a wasted draft pick. 

2) Rex was insanely bad. When Schobel was the only pass rusher we had he was sent into coverage. That said, I'm going to run with Diick Jauron. There was no fight in him. All he seemed to care about were defensive backs. Jaron was too awful to even describe.

• Like (+1) 2

Glad to see several of the same responses. Kelvin Benjamin is my easy answer. To everyone’s eye he gave zero effort. When Allen asked him to practice routes pregame with him and he replied no, he became first bills player I disliked. Talent is one thing but effort…care a little 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Craig Oi said:

Player...Leodis McKelvin just listening to him talk he could hear the low IQ ,hard to believe he graduated high school let alone went to college. Coach Ronnie Jones his special teams were a disaster 

The team was in desperate need of blocking when we drafted McKelvin at #11. Look at the excellent blockers who went at #12 and #15. Not only that, Jordy Nelson lasted until the second round. 🙄

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/2008

I've yelled at a lot of players and coaches through the years, but the first guy to pop in my head was Carl Mauck.  (Offensive Line coach under Wake Phillips.)

esp88gh8rd6p8pgp.jpg?skj2io4l

13 hours ago, RangerDave said:

Rex Ryan was one hire that made me cringe when it was announced.  And until he was fired, I could not stand that blowhard.

Yeah, Rex & Jauron (Skeletor) were easily my least favorite coaches. Ironic they're both defensive.  The lunch pail crap of Chris Kelsay got real old, real fast.

• Like (+1) 1

Coach:  Rex Ryan.  He and the Bills should have both known better - coaches who get fired, especially after 4-12 seasons, need a year to recharge and reassess.  He was all hat no cattle as the Bills coach, and had a lot of subpar assistants who were lousy teachers.  I was annoyed at how penalized his Bills teams were.

Player:   Marcel Dareus:  2016 onwards.  All that unrealized potential, especially after that fantastic 2014 season under Marrone.  He tailed off in 2015 during the later half of that season and that was a sign of things to come.

EJ Manuel. Man, that was tough. Especially knowing how incredible the defense was on the other side during those years. 

Come to think of it, just about every QB we had between Bledsoe and Tyrod would give me that feeling.

Fitz was entertaining and gave us a productive offense, but the limitations to his game were too much. 

Tyrod Taylor was tough to watch for me. Couldn't throw a guy open, just threw safe balls to guys who were standing still.

I don't remember exact moments but I probably was pretty upset with Maybin on D — Eric Woods yelling at him in practice was priceless: "Give back the money you stole!"

Coaches: Jauron was as lifeless as his zombified face.

But there was so much bad for so long it's hard to single out guys.

• Like (+1) 1

It's a good topic because my answers are definitely different from who's your least favorite player or coach of all time. 

I'll go with Tyrod Taylor and Steve Fairchild.

Posted (edited)

Player: Cornell Green. The worst offensive tackle I ever saw. Even more than Langston Walker.

Coach: Nathaniel Hackett. Even more than Jauron, Wrecks, Gregg-0 & Maroon.

Edited by Mark Vader

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

Coach:  Rex Ryan.  He and the Bills should have both known better - coaches who get fired, especially after 4-12 seasons, need a year to recharge and reassess.  He was all hat no cattle as the Bills coach, and had a lot of subpar assistants who were lousy teachers.  I was annoyed at how penalized his Bills teams were.

Clown show.  I just remember his explanation for all the horrible challenges/non challenges during that 2015 Chiefs game in Arrowhead after the game in a key game in the middle of the season.  I wanted them to fire him after that press conference.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Player is too easy... Cole Beasley. I simply cannot stand to have a whole bunch of BS bleed over into my football, worse than the Taylor Swift nonsense. Hard to have a unified locker room on gamedays when someone is out creating so many distractions. I love it for the Jets, hate it for the Bills.

Coach is Doug Marrone... if you want to just quit on a team that quickly, just go ahead and retire and find another profession. There is no room in the NFL for a quitter unless you're a desperate team trying to find a way out of hell. Never seen a more arrogant and selfish coach for the Bills in my life!

Didn't think of him till you said that, because I was thinking purely of on-field, but yeah, Beasley is #2 for me. A distraction, selfish, and all just at the time when his skills were leaving him.

He went from one of my absolute favorites to my most disliked.

But nobody will ever beat out Billy Joe Hobert. Publicly admitted he hadn't read his playbook and wasn't ready to play.

Coach? Rexy. Never thought he was a good pick, but hoped he'd be OK. It became obvious after awhile that he was coasting, I thought. Second-worst? Rauch and Harvey Johnson for not building an offense around OJ Simpson. I mean, you have Simpson on the roster and you keep him returning kicks? Jeez.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Coach: Doug Marrone. Just seemed to think of himself as above the team. No loyalty to the organization, the players, or the fans.

Player: Sammy Watkins. Huge waste of ability (and draft picks). Never could really get his head together in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.