Who was the one player and one coach that would make you the most mad on gamedays?

Posted (edited)

I guess I'll say Tyrod Taylor for the player. Hey, when you have a sucky player, especially at QB, can you really get mad or frustrated with them? When they suck, they suck. Tyrod was decent, though. He had dynamic traits. But there were times he REFUSED to throw the ball. He refused to take a risk. He would rather lose the game than throw an INT. It became very frustrating.

For coach, I'll go with Doug Marrone. He was just so annoying to listen to, and you could tell the players hated him. I actively rooted against him when he left. I was happy he opted out of his contract, but it was still a jerk move from a jerky kind of guy.

Edited by MJS

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Player: Jerry Hughes. Like the guy. Disliked the penalties (some deserved some questionable) that he seemed to attract. And strongly disliked the whole "pressures are as good as sacks" argument that would spring up every year.

Ugh, I hated that argument too. I advocated to move on from Jerry Hughes a long time before we did. But a lot of Bills fans really thought he was elite. Well, he wasn't. Elite pass rushers get sacks. End of discussion.

I didn't dislike him, though. I just thought he was overrated. It was more the fans I was annoyed with. He was a decent player. He just needed someone really good rushing the passer on the other side to be effective.

• Agree 1

Both of these are easy for me.

Player: Late Nate Peterman.

I've lived in Los Angeles since '91, so getting to see a Bills game live is a cherished experience. I was at that game against the Chargers in 2017. It was a beautiful day, in a wonderfully intimate 24,000-seat Stubhub Arena. Fourteen passing attempts, six completions, five interceptions. All in the first half. And let me tell you, friends-- those tickets were ***** expensive.

Perhaps, I could have just moved on, and not held on to my bitterness all these years. But, the salt in the wound was... the Bills kept him on the roster. They kept him on the roster the following season! He has never done anything but stunk up the field whenever he takes a snap, but that muther ***** is still in the league!!! (Currently on the NO Saints.)

Coach: Rex Ryan.

I was sickened when they hired that fat tub of *****. I was afraid he was going to turn the Bills-- a team that was enduring the longest playoff drought in the league-- into even more of a laughing stock. And he did. His tenure was a weekly crap show of embarrassment. It was some of the most press coverage the Bills have ever received, and for all the wrong reasons.

Without exaggeration, he took a top three ranked defense, and with one starting personnel change, put them into the bottom three.

After the Jet's released IK Enemkpali for breaking Gino Smith's jaw in the Jet's locker room shower, Ryan promptly signed him, and made him a captain for the Jets game, so he could be out in middle of the field, avoiding eye contact with Smith, for the coin toss. That classless move is everything one needs to know about that man's integrity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Player: TJ Graham

i don’t care about Graham over Wilson. Sure it sucked, but QB’s are notoriously hard to scout.

But Graham over Hilton hurt my brain. Hilton had two THOUSAND more receiving yards in his college career

Sure, he played at FIU but if they were looking for a speedy WR to add another element on offense, I couldn’t believe they picked the dude who was a return man who couldn’t catch and couldn’t play WR.

Coach: REXIT.

this one is easy. One of the worst Bills coaches of the drought. He should’ve been fired in 2015 before the season ended. Once they gave him 2016, he was a lame duck. Ofc, they wasted a draft trying to get his dudes who all sucked.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nope.  Not even close.  

Lol. The meme of Trent Edwards being ruined by that concussion is so funny. There are certain inaccurate things that just get passed down in franchise lore.

Dick jauron was the coach who drove.me to drugs. A nice guy but so conservative, the epitome of play not to lose. The master of the 7 and 9 season. 

Just thinking about him standing on the sideline makes me shiver. Plus he'd stand up there on the podium after an ass whooping to the Patriots and make sure he told the press how great NE was. Hell of a team etc. Etc. 

Dark days indeed

• Like (+1) 1

Rex Ryan drove me absolutely insane. It’s 3rd down? What’re gonna do? Send 8! How about 2nd? Send 8!!

I hate DCs who love to constantly blitz. It utterly deleverages your defense 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe @GunnerBill also was bothered because he saw Harvin's work on 4 other teams in 6 seasons before he got to the Bills---or did you think he came to his conclusion that Harvin is "One of the most overrated NFL players of his generation" based on 7 games with the Bills?

Think harder!!  

But it’s only 6 games….he couldn’t have bothered him that much….

54 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Both of these are easy for me.

Player: Late Nate Peterman.

I've lived in Los Angeles since '91, so getting to see a Bills game live is a cherished experience. I was at that game against the Chargers in 2017. It was a beautiful day, in a wonderfully intimate 24,000-seat Stubhub Arena. Fourteen passing attempts, six completions, five interceptions. All in the first half. And let me tell you, friends-- those tickets were ***** expensive.

Perhaps, I could have just moved on, and not held on to my bitterness all these years. But, the salt in the wound was... the Bills kept him on the roster. They kept him on the roster the following season! He has never done anything but stunk up the field whenever he takes a snap, but that muther ***** is still in the league!!! (Currently on the NO Saints.)

Coach: Rex Ryan.

I was sickened when they hired that fat tub of *****. I was afraid he was going to turn the Bills-- a team that was enduring the longest playoff drought in the league-- into even more of a laughing stock. And he did. His tenure was a weekly crap show of embarrassment. It was some of the most press coverage the Bills have ever received, and for all the wrong reasons.

Without exaggeration, he took a top three ranked defense, and with one starting personnel change, put them into the bottom three.

After the Jet's released IK Enemkpali for breaking Gino Smith's jaw in the Jet's locker room shower, Ryan promptly signed him, and made him a captain for the Jets game, so he could be out in middle of the field, avoiding eye contact with Smith, for the coin toss. That classless move is everything one needs to know about that man's integrity. 

It can’t be that easy for you. You’re obviously lying.  You couldn’t have been that bothered by him, it was only 4 games.  I read that right here in this thread.  Be better.  

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Peterman had 4 starts.  couldn't have bothered you too much...

His first start is statistically the worst first start for a QB in NFL history. 

Add the fact he got three more starts just fuels my anti-McDermott opinions. 

That said you could probably substitute Trentative, Manuel, Losman, and Orton in there as well. All of them sucked the joy out of watching games.  I know many would add TT but I liked his game for what it was worth. He didn't turn the ball over and we had a top 5 scoring offense with him and Roman. Rex just destroyed the Schwartz defense to ruin it. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Player: TJ Graham

i don’t care about Graham over Wilson. Sure it sucked, but QB’s are notoriously hard to scout.

I couldn't believe that Wilson's name wasn't called on that pick.  I think the only other time I was that upset over a pick was when they didn't call Ngata and instead called Whitner.  

But Graham over Hilton hurt my brain. Hilton had two THOUSAND more receiving yards in his college career

Sure, he played at FIU but if they were looking for a speedy WR to add another element on offense, I couldn’t believe they picked the dude who was a return man who couldn’t catch and couldn’t play WR.

Coach: REXIT.

this one is easy. One of the worst Bills coaches of the drought. He should’ve been fired in 2015 before the season ended. Once they gave him 2016, he was a lame duck. Ofc, they wasted a draft trying to get his dudes who all sucked.

Rex was a disaster in every capacity.  

Lol. The meme of Trent Edwards being ruined by that concussion is so funny. There are certain inaccurate things that just get passed down in franchise lore.

Exactly

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It can’t be that easy for you. You’re obviously lying.  You couldn’t have been that bothered by him, it was only 4 games.  I read that right here in this thread.  Be better.  

I used to post these little poems about him, in the style of the old Burma Shave ads they used to put along the side of Old Rte 66, back in the fifties. If you don't know what they are, you can google them. They were really famous 75 years ago.

Here's another one:

You can’t overstate

The Hate for Late Nate

I rue the day he was born

A waste of a day

and money thrown away

He sticks in my head like a thorn.

Peterman

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.e6de2a0d496b64c0640ce23b2900fd17.jpg.b271908dc50a3d5c7b80ff6d783a373c.jpg.855f5c099aca23b4859891311d99452b.jpg.0f8f8defab97180e4e1512c87fcd7f09.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Dick jauron was the coach who drove.me to drugs. A nice guy but so conservative, the epitome of play not to lose. The master of the 7 and 9 season. 

Just thinking about him standing on the sideline makes me shiver. Plus he'd stand up there on the podium after an ass whooping to the Patriots and make sure he told the press how great NE was. Hell of a team etc. Etc. 

Dark days indeed

For me, Rex Ryan surpasses him. But... I'm with ya. Jauron's No Huddle/No O-line offense is what turned Trent Edwards into Captain Checkdown, IMO.

Posted (edited)

Coach:  Mike Mularkey.  I'll never forget when he channeled the ghost of Hank Bullough and said in a post-game presser, "They took the sails out of our wind."  At that point, I knew he was done, I just didn't think he was a *****in' quitter.  Honorable mention to Maroon.

Player:  Toss-up between Pat "Useless at breasts on a Bull" DiMarco, and Reginald Bush.  Two wasted roster spots, but Bush gets the nod for -3 yards on 12 carries.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

coach: Chan Gailey. It was the only time I thought about not renewing my Sunday ticket. The guy was the dumbest hire I can ever remember. Nobody anywhere would have hired this guy as a HC. He never even tried to care about defense. His offense was figured out immediately after that 5-2 start and he never changed a single thing. He was the most useless waste of time imaginable.

Player: EJ. Way overdrafted, Horrible player, his best games were his first 2. Never learned, never improved, zero positives and wasted good roster.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Coach: Jauron (Its hard to win in the NFL)  or go back to the 80's :Kay Stevenson

Player:  Chris Kelsay (he just pissed me off for some reason)

and

Announcer: Dan Dierdorf  (that guy had his head so far up "bill and Toms" ass it was pathetic )

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Great topic @Alphadawg7!! 

Player: FA acquisition Shawn Merriman (constantly injured/breaking down after he couldn’t freebase his ‘roids anymore—thanks for nothing Buddy Nix);

Coach: Dick Jauron. Unimaginative, uninspiring, unmotivated and unforgettable in his hopelessly weak sauce tenure. At least Wrecks tried to be entertaining in his futility? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.