Playing Hard- Leonard Floyd

I’m not worried about him.  He played well for us, and had 10.5 sacks.  He’s turning 31 and his last chance to increase his wealth.  He chose a team that paid him more than us, and has been to two SB’s of late.  Why is anyone blaming him.  He played hurt in the playoffs.  I’m not a Floyd apologist, but I at least understand his motivation.  

• Like (+1) 11

I have no idea what that really means.  He's been on three different teams -- did none of them play the way he thought they should?  And if not, what did he try to do about it?

• Like (+1) 2

Floyd was the sneakiest signing Beane ever pulled off.  he was great the first half of the season until he got injured.  played hurt the rest of the year and you could tell.  sorry to see him go tbh.

• Like (+1) 3

I just don't get the "grown man football" comment/jab.  I could see if the Bills sucked, but they didn't.  And not qualifying that statement with a "like I did last year" is taking a(n unnecessary) jab at the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean he’s not wrong, when I watched the Niners defense on TV last season I was impressed by their energy on every single down. Much like how the Bills started the season in 2022 and 2023, but it was not sustainable due to injuries. The Niners played that way for an entire season, which is impressive. I don’t see this as a knock on the Bills; it’s just the truth. The SF defense constantly swarms, hits hard, tackles well, and plays harder than the vast majority of defenses in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 12:31 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

But don't "grown men" play through that?  **** him.  I hope Josh trucks his assthis year. 

Um, he did play through it.

Did his absolute best, but he wasn't the same. He did an excellent job here last year, more than earned his money. He was a great pickup, good enough that he got a major raise in salary from the 9ers and a signing bonus of more than half his two year contract. Got 60% of his contract guaranteed because he did a great job here. So good we couldn't afford him again.

But as noted above, we'll get a comp pick for him.

He didn't say or imply anything bad about the Bills.

Thanks and good luck to him.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/25/2024 at 11:07 PM, hondo in seattle said:

I agree.  I didn't register any negativity about the Bills.  He's just doing what he's supposed to be doing: talking up his new team.

The truth, of course, may be a little different.  He's made it clear in the past that he's a mercenary and will play for the highest bidder.  I assume that's the true reason why he chose the 9ers.  

Agreed.  Some people around here have some real thin skin.  Now that the guy is on his new team, he’s not going to just say they were willing to pay him more than everyone else.  The fans of his new team want to hear crap like he just said, make them think the 49ers are super special.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2024 at 9:43 PM, Beck Water said:

Details please?

He may have been hurt and played hurt, not saying he didn't.

But strange how these former Bills players who [edit: are said by some here to have] got hurt and played hurt....never show up on the injury report.

Not Diggs, and Not Floyd.

I don't know if Diggs or Floyd was hurt or not.

However, we found out Elam was hurt in presesson and to the point he went on IR mid-season, but he was never on an injury report. 

On 5/25/2024 at 9:10 PM, mrags said:

He’s not wrong. With the exception of 17 we’re soft as baby 💩 

More like our whiny fan-base is the soft one.  Ready to fold in the first Q.  🤣

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

More like our whiny fan-base is the soft one.  Ready to fold in the first Q.  🤣

Not whiney. Just realistic about our chances 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.