Dan Orlovsky: Bills offensive weapons are top five in the AFC, too many are sleeping on this team

Logic

8 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

well here it means adding to the group of pass catchers.  

We haven't added, we've subtracted. Davis, Harty, and Sherfield all have replacements on the roster. Diggs does not.

But my point is that every single offense can argue they have "multiple good options." That's a meaningless statement because it's the utter floor of any offense that exists in the modern NFL.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We haven't added, we've subtracted. Davis, Harty, and Sherfield all have replacements on the roster. Diggs does not.

But my point is that every single offense can argue they have "multiple good options." That's a meaningless statement because it's the utter floor of any offense that exists in the modern NFL.

well I was talking about the original premise of next years offseason but to this statement I think their have been some excellent additions to the offense most importantly the atmosphere and who is looking up to who.

But it appears your needle is going to continue to skip on Diggs, Diggs, Diggs.  

So great if that is what gets u through the offseason thats fine.  

I'm glad Beane shook it all up. It wasn't working! We had to try something different to get past Kansas City. I love all the changes. I think we are going to a west coast hybrid and Josh is perfectly capable of doing it. We don't need a high priced #1 WR to run it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you replaced Diggs for mvs in our playoff loss we probably win 😂. The dude made a couple big contested catches.  

in all seriousness though idk why people are talking like we’ve gotta replace prime Diggs to upgrade what we had last year.  Diggs was playing like a decent wr2 down the stretch.  Could be he was mentally checked out and a change of scenery will help but I’m not so sure.  He’s never had burner speed and seemed to get pretty unreliable with contested catches 

• Thank you (+1) 1

To all the whiners about the Bills WRs in 24

Hardy 15 for 150

Sherfield 11 catches for 86 yards in 2023.

Gabe 45 for 746

Diggs 

week 5 on- 26, 87, 49, 28, 24, 27, 34, 74, 36, 84, 70, 58

wah! Wah!  wah!

Diggs numbers after week 5 were weak.  Coleman will have better games.  As will Shakir.

Do people think we did not upgrade Hardy?  Lmao

Does losing Sherfield upset you?

arent you sick of Gabe dropping passes?

Keon, Shakir, Mack, Dalton catch everything thrown their way.

keep crying 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

objectively correct

We we actually have is a borderline top10 TE, a borderline top 5ish RB, and a WR room comprised entirely of guys who in their combined NFL careers have never cracked 875 yards/season which for reference would have been good for the 44th ranked wideout by yards last year.

so there's optimism and then there's reality...let's not confuse the two

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He is on acid.

The only way this is true is if Claypool snaps out of whatever the F has been afflicting him his career, Samuel becomes a stud, Khalil becomes a solid 2, and 1 of 2 rookies ball out immediately.   It's not all happening but it would be amazing. 

I agree. 

Best weapons in the league.

Best roster in the league.

Best coaches in the league.

This is OUR year!

1 hour ago, Success said:

After getting SB hyped every season, I truly love going into this season w/ the general consensus being "they lost Diggs and a bunch of guys - they're taking a step back."

Health is the key - but this team has as good a chance at the title as we've seen in the JA era. I love this team.

Agreed!

Don't want too much pressure. It's never a great thing.

That's why no teams can continue to contend year after year for AFC title games and Super Bowls!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Logic said:

For what it's worth (probably not much): My personal opinion is that the Bills would be JUST on the outside looking in of the "top five in the AFC" discussion.

In no particular order, I'd list the Texans, Chiefs, Dolphins, Bengals, Titans, and arguably the Jaguars as having better weapons than the Bills. So I'd probably have the Bills sixth or seventh. A big jump from Kincaid and Shakir could change that, but that's where I'd have it now.

Disrespect to the reigning Super Bowl champion ?

1 hour ago, McBean said:

I agree. 

Best weapons in the league.

Best roster in the league.

Best coaches in the league.

I was with you until you typed that!!!  Go Bills !

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Top 5 in the AFC? It's an interesting thought experiment. If I could swap WR, TE, and RB with the following teams then I would (considering only talent, not cap hits).

1. Miami

2. Cincinnati

3. Browns (especially if Chubb is still good after injury)
4. Texans

Teams where I think it's basically equal:
1. Baltimore

2. Colts
3. Chiefs
4. Jets (they could be in the next group up, it's close)

So I guess if someone put us at the very top of that second group we would be top 5. Not sure I agree though.

Edited by DapperCam

9 hours ago, Logic said:

For what it's worth (probably not much): My personal opinion is that the Bills would be JUST on the outside looking in of the "top five in the AFC" discussion.

In no particular order, I'd list the Texans, Chiefs, Dolphins, Bengals, Titans, and arguably the Jaguars as having better weapons than the Bills. So I'd probably have the Bills sixth or seventh. A big jump from Kincaid and Shakir could change that, but that's where I'd have it now.

No, No, No!

30 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Top 5 in the AFC? It's an interesting thought experiment. If I could swap WR, TE, and RB with the following teams then I would (considering only talent, not cap hits).

1. Miami

2. Cincinnati

3. Browns (especially if Chubb is still good after injury)
4. Texans

Teams where I think it's basically equal:
1. Baltimore

2. Colts
3. Chiefs
4. Jets (they could be in the next group up, it's close)

So I guess if someone put us at the very top of that second group we would be top 5. Not sure I agree though.

Texans?  Diggs and Singletary?  I’m taking Bills skill positions over Houston

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You obviously missed Nico Collins and Tank Dell last year. Big reason why Stroud had a great rookie season.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Collins, Diggs, Mixon, Dell, Schultz 

I’d easily take the Texans WRs over ours, but I prefer our TEs and RBs 

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.