Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No doubt his production dropped. I will admit that. I will add Allen missed a wide open Diggs multiple times last season down the stretch including two 80yd+ TD. But Diggs also dropped one of the best passes Allen has thrown in the playoffs. That was absolutely brutal also seeing that the defender fell down and it would have been a TD.

Now that I agreed to those facts...

Are you saying McDermott didn't blow the 13 second game? McDermott's defense didn't blow lead at Texans and had no answer for the Chiefs last season? 

Oh believe me I'm not a big McDermott fan so no argument there haha.

Both could be true: McDermott has cost them in big playoff games. And Diggs also has 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

gimme a break, I'm drunk.

They have been saying the same thing about him since the cinny game.  It's "nothing to some people", sure.  But we all said the same thing after the game and I feel like the chemistry deteriorated from that point on.  

Even now you hear the players talk about how things are different in the locker room and I can only guess it's because they don't have someone barking at them about every little thing they do.

Diggs more and more seems to be the guy who “insinuates” that what’s holding him back is everyone else around him…, everywhere he is, 

If I’m Stroud, I tell Diggs to piss up a rope the first time he complains about / suggests pretty much anything, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Diggs more and more seems to be the guy who “insinuates” that what’s holding him back is everyone else around him…, everywhere he is, 

If I’m Stroud, I tell Diggs to piss up a rope the first time he complains about / suggests pretty much anything, 

I think pissing up a rope would be a pretty cool Olympic event. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I don't get why Texans traded assets for a diva wide receiver who is on the decline when they have a young rising star at QB

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don't get why Texans traded assets for a diva wide receiver who is on the decline when they have a young rising star at QB

I was thinking the same thing, I suspect that they think Diggs is why Allen’s  progression was so good, when in fact it was really just having WRs who actually caught the damn ball 🏈, I suspect that the “anonymous” executive that said Allen is overrated works for the Texans…, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

38 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I was thinking the same thing, I suspect that they think Diggs is why Allen’s  progression was so good, when in fact it was really just having WRs who actually caught the damn ball 🏈, I suspect that the “anonymous” executive that said Allen is overrated works for the Texans…, 

They might be thinking more of what Beasley did for Josh’s development. 

Beasley only had a couple years left in the tank when he came to Buffalo, but he was still good enough to help with Josh’s development and giving him a high percentage catch target. He was great here for two years, before becoming a supreme douche who’d lost too many steps.

I digress … 

Maybe Diggs has agreed to be more of a “move the chains” guy with the Texans. 

Diggs was brought into Buffalo after Josh developed into a QB who could properly utilize a (then) true WR1. 

I honestly don’t know crap about the Texans’ WR corps, but if they’re leaning on Diggs to be their undisputed WR1, then they will get what they deserve. 

He ain’t that no mo. 

Edited by Gugny
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

….and by “executive”, they mean that he’s the VP in charge of laundering towels after practice. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They might be thinking more of what Beasley did for Josh’s development. 

Beasley only had a couple years left in the tank when he came to Buffalo, but he was still good enough to help with Josh’s development and giving him a high percentage catch target. He was great here for two years, before becoming a supreme douche who’d lost too many steps.

I digress … 

Maybe Diggs has agreed to be more of a “move the chains” guy with the Texans. 

Diggs was brought into Buffalo after Josh developed into a QB who could properly utilize a (then) true WR1. 

I honestly don’t know crap about the Texans’ WR corps, but if they’re leaning on Diggs to be their undisputed WR1, then they will get what they deserve. 

He ain’t that no mo. 

Ya fair points.

They have tank dell and Nico Collins who are really good young receivers. And a good TE in dalton Schultz.

Diggs definitely won't be the "guy" there.

I think he will be their 3rd option so to your point, he may very well be that "move the chains" kinda guy 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Diggs is effectively on a 1-year contract with the Texans.

28 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya fair points.

They have tank dell and Nico Collins who are really good young receivers. And a good TE in dalton Schultz.

Diggs definitely won't be the "guy" there.

I think he will be their 3rd option so to your point, he may very well be that "move the chains" kinda guy 

But would Diggs be the 3rd option and agree to not  be the Alpha ?

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Diggs is effectively on a 1-year contract with the Texans.

But would Diggs be the 3rd option and agree to not  be the Alpha ?

Be that as it may, Diggs is who he is, and does what he does,  how he takes being the Texans #3 is still to be determined, 

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Unlike Beane their GM is thinking win now while their QB is on the rookie deal. They are in the weakest division in AFC. They have a good but still mostly unproven HC and probably see a very clear path to the AFC Championship game - perhaps at home. They can easily be the #1 seed as all the other teams beat each other up all year. 

If Diggs gives them 80 catches and 900-1000 yards they will run away with the AFC South. 

Will Diggs show up in the playoffs for them? Who knows?

A 2025 2nd round pick does nothing for them now. 

As to why they voided his other years I can't explain that. Other than they knew he was a 1 year rental and didn't want any possibility of a holdout for a raise in salary. 

3 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Not as good as Break Dancing. The best sport gets saved for last 🤣

Adding ridiculous non-sports like Break Dancing and the switch from amateur to professional athletes is why I stopped watching the Olympics several iterations ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Unlike Beane their GM is thinking win now while their QB is on the rookie deal. They are in the weakest division in AFC. They have a good but still mostly unproven HC and probably see a very clear path to the AFC Championship game - perhaps at home. They can easily be the #1 seed as all the other teams beat each other up all year. 

If Diggs gives them 80 catches and 900-1000 yards they will run away with the AFC South. 

Will Diggs show up in the playoffs for them? Who knows?

A 2025 2nd round pick does nothing for them now. 

As to why they voided his other years I can't explain that. Other than they knew he was a 1 year rental and didn't want any possibility of a holdout for a raise in salary. 

Ya I hear you . But I just wouldn't have traded for Diggs as let's be honest.. he's a headache..

And you got a bright young QB. I wouldn't mess with that