Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'd love to see that social media bit if you can figure out who posted it.  Wild.

A bit disagree on the "call or meet up" vs "text".  That's a generational thing.  My generation calls.  My kid's generation, you text, always.

As far as meeting up, at the time of the trade, they were probably on opposite sides of the country.

I will try to find it.  It was about 3 seconds.  Diggs jogged by Allen getting back to the line because they were in the hurry up, just quick huddle at the LOS….Diggs said something to Allen.  Allen shook his head and gave that “you gotta be kidding me” look and then turned his head at the sidelines, camera went to another view.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills traded Diggs for a future second round pick and took a $31.1 million cap hit by trading him.

If you think he was such a great teammate and was not a cancer or malcontent, the terms of the trade and the cap hit demonstrate otherwise. There is no way BB would have traded him under those circumstances if he had been a great teammate and leader behind the scenes.

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Most thought Jefferson would be off the board.  If not for all world GM Howie Rosemans blunder, he wouldn’t have been.  
What a debacle Howie.  

Jefferson wawas ranked 5th-8th prospect prior to the draft.  He was the 5th WR picked.  At worst, Bills could have had Aiyuk (whos career trajectory is heading in the opposite direction of a burnt out Diggs) cheap.

Rosen's "blunder" didn't impact the Eagles fortunes as they went from 4-11 in 2020 to 14-3 and the SB 2 years later.

With Diggs, the Bills went to the playoffs 4 times, bad losses and early exits all. 

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This stuff about Diggs being a “cancer” is such garbage.  He elevated the team when he arrived and all the “controversy” was either innuendo, made up crap, or based on Diggs wanting to win.  He was serious about winning. Was he perfect in delivering his message? No.  A cancer?  Really?  

We lost Morse, Diggs, Poyer, White, and more serious leaders.  It looks like we’re going to try out the goofball leadership style.  Let’s hope it works.

Serious about winning was he? why did he disappear in the last game of the season (playoffs) each year?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Jefferson wawas ranked 5th-8th prospect prior to the draft.  He was the 5th WR picked.  At worst, Bills could have had Aiyuk (whos career trajectory is heading in the opposite direction of a burnt out Diggs) cheap.

Rosen's "blunder" didn't impact the Eagles fortunes as they went from 4-11 in 2020 to 14-3 and the SB 2 years later.

With Diggs, the Bills went to the playoffs 4 times, bad losses and early exits all. 

Serious about winning was he? why did he disappear in the last game of the season (playoffs) each year?

Here’s where you cherry pick a general number (ranked 5-8th ranked WR) and make it the basis of your post.  This info is available if you Google-  he was the consensus WR4……yet you say he was ranked WR5-8……..LOL.  You didn’t even include WR4…..you pushed it to 5.  Typical you

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2020/consensus-big-board-2020?pos=WR

And at worst, the bills could’ve had Jaelon Reagor or Denzel Mims.  

When you bypass a first ballot HoF WR for a complete bum, it’s a major blunder- regardless of record.  Then they had to use 2 first rd picks and hefty contracts to replace their blunder. 

Your stance-  Roseman didn’t make a major blunder when drafting Jaelon Reagor over Justin Jefferson-  got it.  Do you.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Peter said:

The Bills traded Diggs for a future second round pick and took a $31.1 million cap hit by trading him.

If you think he was such a great teammate and was not a cancer or malcontent, the terms of the trade and the cap hit demonstrate otherwise. There is no way BB would have traded him under those circumstances if he had been a great teammate and leader behind the scenes.

When Peter and I agree on something, it's probably worth considering as a possibility

32 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Can you give an example of why you disagree?  How was he a cancer?  Tweets?

If something is going on inside the building and behind the scenes, by definition we ordinary mortals don't get the flick

As far as observed behavior though, I don't think a team-focused leader ghosts his teammates after a tough loss or screams at his QB on the sidelines.  I think he's there, looking at the tablet and trying to help solve it.

Then there's the Tim Graham story

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

When Peter and I agree on something, it's probably worth considering as a possibility

If something is going on inside the building and behind the scenes, by definition we ordinary mortals don't get the flick

As far as observed behavior though, I don't think a team-focused leader ghosts his teammates after a tough loss or screams at his QB on the sidelines.  I think he's there, looking at the tablet and trying to help solve it.

Then there's the Tim Graham story

Tim Graham lol.  Documented rabble rousing liar.

13 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Diggs wears makeup, yes.  There was a stupid dispute about whether the makeup bag could come into the locker room.  

Say What?  Dispute with whom?  and for what reason?  That just sounds like something that should never be discussed.

Who counts and reports any votes for captain?

No idea, but I doubt the players keep mum about their vote

As for the bad interactions, ask around if you have any LEO friends.  The guy is a jerk.  From what I understand somebody eventually put their foot down with him late in the season and that ended it. 

I do have LEO friends but not in Buffalo/Erie County.  PM me if you prefer.

Case in point - after Daboll left for the Giants, he was back here for the summer.  From what I understand, he said goodbye to a lot of the guys before camp started, including Allen, in person at his house.  That was a good relationship.  Other relationships end with text messages and the team paying to send a malcontent on his way. 

Daboll's wife and Daboll have ties to WNY, owned a big house here (needed for 6 kids), and were known to frequently entertain players there.  Yes, Daboll had a good relationship with many players, but pretty sure Diggs just had a condo or something and wasn't known for having his teammates over.  You don't have to be a BBQ King to have a good relationship.

Note I'm not arguing that Diggs and Allen had a good relationship - by multiple accounts, they didn't.  I'm just saying texting someone when traded isn't, by itself, evidence of a poor relationship.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Say What?  Dispute with whom?  and for what reason?  That just sounds like something that should never be discussed.

No idea, but I doubt the players keep mum about their vote

I do have LEO friends but not in Buffalo/Erie County.  PM me if you prefer.

Daboll's wife and Daboll have ties to WNY, owned a big house here (needed for 6 kids), and were known to frequently entertain players there.  Yes, Daboll had a good relationship with many players, but pretty sure Diggs just had a condo or something and wasn't known for having his teammates over.  You don't have to be a BBQ King to have a good relationship.

Note I'm not arguing that Diggs and Allen had a good relationship - by multiple accounts, they didn't.  I'm just saying texting someone when traded isn't, by itself, evidence of a poor relationship.

The point is that daboll got along with most everyone and said goodbye to role in person and the right way.  It’s reflective of a good relationship.  Josh and Diggs parted ways,  apparently, with a text message.  That parting speaks for itself. There was friction there. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The point is that daboll got along with most everyone and said goodbye to role in person and the right way.  It’s reflective of a good relationship.  Josh and Diggs parted ways,  apparently, with a text message.  That parting speaks for itself. There was friction there. 

We don't disagree on the friction,  my only point is that the text message parting really doesn't show it.  I mean, by all accounts Josh had a strong friendship with Jon Feliciano, how did they part?  How did Josh part with Gabe?  Don't overinterpret small stuff is my messagel.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This stuff about Diggs being a “cancer” is such garbage.  He elevated the team when he arrived and all the “controversy” was either innuendo, made up crap, or based on Diggs wanting to win.  He was serious about winning. Was he perfect in delivering his message? No.  A cancer?  Really?  

We lost Morse, Diggs, Poyer, White, and more serious leaders.  It looks like we’re going to try out the goofball leadership style.  Let’s hope it works.

Turn me on to whatever your smoking!

7 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Turn me on to whatever your smoking!

Leaders always have their brothers go on social media and attack the most important player on your team.

That is leader shipping 101...

signed 

Terrell Owens

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Here’s where you cherry pick a general number (ranked 5-8th ranked WR) and make it the basis of your post.  This info is available if you Google-  he was the consensus WR4……yet you say he was ranked WR5-8……..LOL.  You didn’t even include WR4…..you pushed it to 5.  Typical you

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2020/consensus-big-board-2020?pos=WR

And at worst, the bills could’ve had Jaelon Reagor or Denzel Mims.  

When you bypass a first ballot HoF WR for a complete bum, it’s a major blunder- regardless of record.  Then they had to use 2 first rd picks and hefty contracts to replace their blunder. 

Your stance-  Roseman didn’t make a major blunder when drafting Jaelon Reagor over Justin Jefferson-  got it.  Do you.  

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-position-rankings-wide-receivers

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020wr.php

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/26/nfl-draft-top-wide-receiver-prospects-lamb-jeudy-higgins

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings-breaking-down-the-top-10-by-traits-and-skills/

the mock aggregators you cited had him going to the Panthers (yet only 10% of the total mocks had him going to them at 20.  Compare to 98% Burrows to #1 and Young at 96%.   Only Aiyuk  and Pittman had less agreement in where the mocks had them go.  

Which mock described JJ as a 1st vote HOFer that cannot be passed on?  lol---that's pretty funny.   And "regardless of record"---that's some cherry on top--"sure Roseman turned the franchise around over those 2 seasons and sure they still went to the SB without Justin Jefferson---but it's really a bad outcome!"

nice, haha. well argued

Maybe your internet provider is to blame for all of your unforced errors?

• Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes but do you want him to then kind of sulk when he doesn't  get he ball as that was the impression he was giving by year end, more going through the motions.

Agreed. There is a fine line between being competitive and being a jack a$$. But I would bet most elite wr in the league would not have been happy with that the O turned into in most of those games. WR can be the way they are because more than any other position they rely on the QB and playcalling. 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:26 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks for this post.

Personally, I just can't see McD risking his locker room to just calm him down, but certainly that is a possibility and something we will probably never have an answer about.  Having been in locker rooms, I just think for him to be a Captain that they had to at least feel comfortable at that time with where things were at, that Allen and Diggs were on at least professional terms and not at each others throats.  McD and Beane are too big on culture and that locker room to risk it if things were at that time ugly between them.  That is also just of course my opinion based on who McD and Beane are.  

I don't disagree that its best for both sides he isn't here this year at all.  And this info here is not public info, so this is the first I am hearing about it, so thanks again for sharing.  It is also no surprise there are more issues than we publicly know either, as both the Bills and Diggs have been very good at keeping things in house to a high degree. 

But to go back to the original context of my point which was solely the relationship between Diggs and Allen today which was I personally do not think they have all this deep negative animosity and bad blood to the point they can't stand each other right now.  I have no doubt both preferred a trade and a fresh start, I have said that since the news broke of the trade.  But, I also think they are both professionals and had Beane not found the right trade that they could have made it work another season if need be.  Again, just my opinion.  

Ive been saying all offseason it was addition by subtraction with Diggs and even Davis (for different reasons).  Never disagreed there was tension or a strained relationship.  But these guys did still laugh a lot, dance, dap each other up all season long.  Unless everyone thinks that was them acting for cameras, I just find it hard to believe there was a deep hatred of each other like others have said.  Again, just my opinion.  

Good points and I am glad you recognize that it is just your opinion, when many claim in this thread it is "a fact"  no one "knows" for certain one this board .

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-position-rankings-wide-receivers

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020wr.php

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/26/nfl-draft-top-wide-receiver-prospects-lamb-jeudy-higgins

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings-breaking-down-the-top-10-by-traits-and-skills/

the mock aggregators you cited had him going to the Panthers (yet only 10% of the total mocks had him going to them at 20.  Compare to 98% Burrows to #1 and Young at 96%.   Only Aiyuk  and Pittman had less agreement in where the mocks had them go.  

Which mock described JJ as a 1st vote HOFer that cannot be passed on?  lol---that's pretty funny.   And "regardless of record"---that's some cherry on top--"sure Roseman turned the franchise around over those 2 seasons and sure they still went to the SB without Justin Jefferson---but it's really a bad outcome!"

nice, haha. well argued

Maybe your internet provider is to blame for all of your unforced errors?

The mock aggregators had him as the 4th best WR across all the platforms they used.  Yet you listed him as the 5th-8th WR. Nonsense.  

Howie got the team to the Super Bowl….and lost.  If they drafted Jefferson and used the 1st rd pick they traded for Brown plus the salary they paid him on two different players maybe they WIN the Super Bowl instead of accomplishing nothing.  Last I knew, making the Super Bowl means NOTHING.

i never said a mock described JJ as a first ballot HoFer.  Not even sure where you come up with this stuff half the time.  It’s as if you think you’re so smart that you can just throw 💩 at the wall and hope that it sticks.  It’s doesn’t.  It just stinks.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The mock aggregators had him as the 4th best WR across all the platforms they used.  Yet you listed him as the 5th-8th WR. Nonsense.  

Howie got the team to the Super Bowl….and lost.  If they drafted Jefferson and used the 1st rd pick they traded for Brown plus the salary they paid him on two different players maybe they WIN the Super Bowl instead of accomplishing nothing.  Last I knew, making the Super Bowl means NOTHING.

i never said a mock described JJ as a first ballot HoFer.  Not even sure where you come up with this stuff half the time.  It’s as if you think you’re so smart that you can just throw 💩 at the wall and hope that it sticks.  It’s doesn’t.  It just stinks.  

I provided several mocks from where I got 5-8th.  pretty simple.

as I already covered, the aggregators had a 10% rate of him going there. he went 5th, so not sure what you're talking about at this point.

He was there at 22, there's nothing else to argue.

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Leaders always have their brothers go on social media and attack the most important player on your team.

That is leader shipping 101...

signed 

Terrell Owens

Wooookay!

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Agreed. There is a fine line between being competitive and being a jack a$$. But I would bet most elite wr in the league would not have been happy with that the O turned into in most of those games. WR can be the way they are because more than any other position they rely on the QB and playcalling. 

Was thinking a bit about Chase Claypool.  He very likely was also a diva WR, but he was a diva with poor QB play so then becomes labeled a real problem child and need to get rid of him.  So will see now has a good QB, will he have a good year.  Was also mentioned Claypool's best year as a rookie was still when Big Ben was around as his QB