Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

But he clearly was physically hobbled... Playing through pain

Maybe? But he was never on the injury report and he played in the Pro Bowl. Most players late in the season are dealing with some kind of nagging injury so I don't totally buy that as a valid excuse.

I've considered that maybe he mentally checked out halfway through the season. If you're not 100% locked in mentally on an NFL field, that's going to show up in your play one way or another.

I don't know the cause, all I know is halfway through the year his level of play fell off a cliff and he was outright terrible in the divisional round, really a net negative for the team in that game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Maybe? But he was never on the injury report and he played in the Pro Bowl. Most players late in the season are dealing with some kind of nagging injury so I don't totally buy that as a valid excuse.

I've considered that maybe he mentally checked out halfway through the season. If you're not 100% locked in mentally on an NFL field, that's going to show up in your play one way or another.

I don't know the cause, all I know is halfway through the year his level of play fell off a cliff and he was outright terrible in the divisional round, really a net negative for the team in that game.

He did go on the injury report for a back injury the week after getting suplexed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Not carrying anything, just find it odd how many keep carrything the Diggs torch, like Sammy Watkins. Years after his departure many kept posting about him. Bill Polian once said, in the mid 80's, the Buffalo Bills kept players well past their prime simply because they were fan favorites! And it hurt the team for years. Go find a "Doctor Phil," get over it!

Yup!

You are barking up the wrong tree...I have nothing to get over.  He is gone and I think it is good for both teams.  You don't want to talk about him...well cool story bro...then don't.  You are the one who on his own accord jumped into the thread.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I’d bet his play in the Pro Bowl is a big reason he’s not here.  Amazing how good he looked out there.

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

It's also very possible that there was a lot of tension in their friendship/relationship the last year or so but also have mutual respect for each other.

Just like in a breakup. When you breakup with someone, doesn't mean you're going to rip on the other person when it's done.

There can be tension, but also mutual respect for each other at the same time, especially when that "relationship " is over.

I definitely think there was something between them. Of course just speculating, but kind of reading between the lines

Yeah, I think this is undeniable.  The way I see it...could they have played together this year again?  Absolutely.  Did they both prefer a new direction and fresh start, most likely.  Are they both happy with the outcome while not carrying any hate or animosity for the other, almost certainly.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I think this is undeniable.  The way I see it...could they have played together this year again?  Absolutely.  Did they both prefer a new direction and fresh start, most likely.  Are they both happy with the outcome while not carrying any hate or animosity for the other, almost certainly.  

It’s very interesting how you think your opinion, without any inside info, is undeniable, but when 3 separate posters with proven inside info tell you a different story, you just can’t help but disagree, otherwise all your preconceived notions would collapse.

Bizzaro.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s very interesting how you think your opinion, without any inside info, is undeniable, but when 3 separate posters with proven inside info tell you a different story, you just can’t help but disagree, otherwise all your preconceived notions would collapse.

Bizzaro.

LMAO, this is hilarious...I mean what are you even talking about...I literally just responded to someone else's opinion and comment that said there was tension in their relationship and AGREED with them saying that its undeniable...which absolutely aligns with the other 3 separate posters you just referenced that you think I am somehow contradicting by agreeing that its undeniable there was tension.  

I mean this is such a bad take I wouldn't blame you if you deleted it.  

Maybe you should read more, because if you did you would have read a post by one of those "3 posters with proven inside info" that just literally wrote...in this very thread...that his info was about 2022 and does not details of what their relationship was like in...wait for it...here it comes...2023.  

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

No, there was definitely a big rift there. I can confirm this. @GunnerBill can confirm this. @nbbillsfan can confirm this. Tim Graham has alluded to it. It is a fact that they had a falling out and Allen eventually just stopped putting up with Diggs' BS. If Allen and Diggs were still close, this trade never goes down.

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO, this is hilarious...I mean what are you even talking about...I literally just responded to someone else's opinion and comment that said there was tension in their relationship and AGREED with them saying that its undeniable...which absolutely aligns with the other 3 separate posters you just referenced that you think I am somehow contradicting by agreeing that its undeniable there was tension.  

I mean this is such a bad take I wouldn't blame you if you deleted it.  

Maybe you should read more, because if you did you would have read a post by one of those "3 posters with proven inside info" that just literally wrote...in this very thread...that his info was about 2022 and does not details of what their relationship was like in...wait for it...here it comes...2023.  

Don’t double down on your “everyone is reading the tea leaves too much about Diggs” take now bro.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Don’t double down on your “everyone is reading the tea leaves too much about Diggs” take now bro.

You can't be this stupid.  All you had to is admit you misunderstood my post.  You know when you challenged me for saying it was "undeniable" not realizing that I was AGREEING with another poster about that the TENSION between them was UNDENIABLE.   I can't be responsible for your poor literacy and comprehension.

So...after pointing our your complete whiff at a gotcha moment...you want to further double down now?  LMAO...ok...so lets continue with this debacle...

Not only did I AGREE and state its UNDENIABLE there was tension...you also apparently missed this below by Gunner (cuz you care more about trolling than reading), which actually contradicts HappyDays first post to a degree saying they obviously patched things up for 2023 and he didn't know how their relationship ended up...which...wait for it...was the only opinion I had that really differed with Happy where I said I have a hard time believing there was major a locker room issue ahead of 2023 and still named him captain last year.  

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea there was definitely a rift. At the end of 2022 they were barely on speaking terms, they had no communication at all over that offseason. They obviously managed to patch something together to play during 2023 and I don't know what the relationship was like coming out of that season

Maybe next time just admit you made a mistake and move on instead of doubling down on a mistake.  

The only place I differ is the degree of the tension heading into 2023 where Diggs was CHOSEN as a CAPTAIN and I don't believe they hate each other today like others seem to think.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can't be this stupid.  All you had to is admit you misunderstood my post.  You know when you challenged me for saying it was "undeniable" not realizing that I was AGREEING with another poster about that the TENSION between them was UNDENIABLE.   I can't be responsible for your poor literacy and comprehension.

So...after pointing our your complete whiff at a gotcha moment...you want to further double down now?  LMAO...ok...so lets continue with this debacle...

Not only did I AGREE and state its UNDENIABLE there was tension...you also apparently missed this below by Gunner (cuz you care more about trolling than reading), which actually contradicts HappyDays first post to a degree saying they obviously patched things up for 2023 and he didn't know how their relationship ended up...which...wait for it...was the only opinion I had that really differed with Happy where I said I have a hard time believing there was major a locker room issue ahead of 2023 and still named him captain last year.  

Maybe next time just admit you made a mistake and move on instead of doubling down on a mistake.  

The only place I differ is the degree of the tension heading into 2023 where Diggs was CHOSEN as a CAPTAIN and I don't believe they hate each other today like others seem to think.  

Patch something up doesn’t mean what I think you think it means.

They managed to play together for half a year before Diggs started to dog it. 

Lots of guys have horrific relationships and play together in all sports. It doesn’t make the relationship less horrific. Diggs was gonna be here in 23 no matter what so he played. They traded him the second they feasibly could. 

PS - I’ll admit I 100% misinterpreted your “undeniable” lol

Edited by FireChans

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Lots of guys have horrific relationships and play together in all sports. It doesn’t make the relationship less horrific. Diggs was gonna be here in 23 no matter what so he played. They traded him the second they feasibly could. 

Progress...you at least admit your initial mistake. 

But ok, this is still wild to me.  Everything you just stated is your opinion...and you are entitled to it.  But there are no "facts" that Diggs "dogged it", there are no facts that in 2023 their relationship was "horrific".  In fact, all the actual facts available can also suggest that was not the case with Diggs being chosen as Captain, Diggs and Allen always laughing, dancing and dabbing each other up on and off the field throughout the season.  Neither of them has thrown each other under the bus either at any point in the entire 4 years together.  And that doesn't mean there wasn't still tension either, doesn't mean they both didn't welcome fresh starts.

But the point is, you just tried to slander my character for having an "opinion" that you basically said spit in the face of all these facts and insiders...when it was really just you misreading my post. 

So I just find it ironic your opinion is justified here and me having a slightly less negative opinion is somehow not ok to the point you tried to attack my character over it.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

To be clear I don't know what the relationship was like in 2023. My take on 2023 is all my reading based on how it looked. My take on 2022 is verified from inside the building and by the end of that season the relationship was in a really bad place. 

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be clear I don't know what the relationship was like in 2023. My take on 2023 is all my reading based on how it looked. My take on 2022 is verified from inside the building and by the end of that season the relationship was in a really bad place. 

I've heard the same thing and know the reasons for the relationship strain from an extremely reliable source.  I think they smoothed out the relationship in 2023 but it was never going back to where it was before 2022.  I'll be honest and really wish they worked it out.  I wish Diggs was still on the team and we drafted Coleman.  Diggs, Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, Kincaid, Cook, and Knox would be the best weapons he's ever had for Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Don’t tell him what he can and cannot be. This is America, the land of the free! He can be however stupid he wants to be. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is just a guess, but I suspect he was named a captain to try to calm him down a little bit. 

Now, on the other hand, I can say with near certainty that he was a major malcontent at least last year.  Chronic lateness, special parking spot to help him be less late, arguments over stupid things like his makeup, bad interactions with law enforcement (he's simply a jerk; nothing violent or criminal, at least to my knowledge), stopped talking to Cook altogether at one point last year, broken relationship with Allen.  And this is just what I've heard about.  Best for both sides that he's gone. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

See above.  All of that stuff is 2023. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

That says it all.  The people who saw him every day paid for him to leave.   

He was cancer that we all ignored because he was putting up stats and we were winning. Texans (fans) are already upset about trading for a 1 year rental. With the new contracts It's clear he won't be the focus of their offense either. He'll have a mid season melt down when he's on pace for 60 or 70 grabs. I put 80+ for him as the high mark this season. 

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, there was definitely a big rift there. I can confirm this. @GunnerBill can confirm this. @nbbillsfan can confirm this. Tim Graham has alluded to it. It is a fact that they had a falling out and Allen eventually just stopped putting up with Diggs' BS. If Allen and Diggs were still close, this trade never goes down.

I knew there was something between them but I didn't think at this level.  

Being that we ate that much dead cap and Allen stated they had a text exchange after the trade....the rift was bigger than I originally thought.  If you're close with someone, you don't text goodbye.  You at least call or meet up in person.

There was someone on social media, probably one of the Bills podcast guys that showed when Diggs came back to the huddle after the KC drop and said something to Allen.  Allen rolled his eyes and shook his head....whatever Diggs said annoyed Allen.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Article in todays BN makes me think the biggest rift was between Diggs and Brady.  He didn't like the direction the offense was going in, article kind of supports that too.  Think he just kept sulking more and more each week late last year.,  I'd imagine Diggs and Brady talked in off season tying to get Diggs to buy in, wasn't happening so figured best to trade him.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-stefon-diggs-josh-allen-nfl-houston-texans/article_2e5188b6-22ab-11ef-bbe8-6782a08e6066.html

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1