Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They had a falling out. Diggs would openly criticize Allen in the locker room to the point that it got uncomfortable for others. At some point Allen got really sick of it and they stopped talking. The sideline drama during the Bengals game didn't come out of nowhere, neither did Allen sitting there stone faced pointedly ignoring him. Tim Graham reported Allen yelled at Diggs in the locker room after the Jets loss last year over some comment Diggs made. It is basically public knowledge at this point that the two were not getting along.

I’m not saying anything one thing or another about their overall relationship  … but that  Jets games locker room incident would happen regularly in the league …it was an extremely frustrating loss and one of the worst games JA has played …. Diggs mightn’t have been the only one mouthing off afterwards 

On 5/30/2024 at 7:03 PM, chongli said:

I didn't realize he changed numbers. New number, new attitude? Nawwwww....

Of course Diggs would choose #1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m not saying anything one thing or another about their overall relationship  … but that  Jets games locker room incident would happen regularly in the league …it was an extremely frustrating loss and one of the worst games JA has played …. Diggs mightn’t have been the only one mouthing off afterwards 

According to Graham, the rest of the crowd around Josh was speaking encouragement and Diggs was the only one Josh snapped at. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, there was definitely a big rift there. I can confirm this. @GunnerBill can confirm this. @nbbillsfan can confirm this. Tim Graham has alluded to it. It is a fact that they had a falling out and Allen eventually just stopped putting up with Diggs' BS. If Allen and Diggs were still close, this trade never goes down.

Yea there was definitely a rift. At the end of 2022 they were barely on speaking terms, they had no communication at all over that offseason. They obviously managed to patch something together to play during 2023 and I don't know what the relationship was like coming out of that season, but I did find it interesting no mention at all of Josh in his exit message. In comparison on his way out of Minnesota he said "Kirk will always be my guy" of Cousins. 

I think the Bills concluded whatever was broken between them was unfixable.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Of course Diggs would choose #1

According to Graham, the rest of the crowd around Josh was speaking encouragement and Diggs was the only one Josh snapped at. 

Do you have the article handy ? I don’t recall him mentioning the words of encouragement from the rest of the team ..but my memory is being stretched now 9 months  later ..

Regardless … even if it’s only the words exchanged between Diggs and JA … this would not be uncommon across the league after as bad a loss as that one was .. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The "drama" here IMHO was still over blown.  People tried so hard to make this huge riff between him and Josh, and it was just never to the degree of what it was IMHO.  I think the downfall of the Diggs era here had a lot more to do with Diggs losing patience and faith this team had enough to get over the hump at the back end of his career, especially staring down a lot of cap casualties creating a transition period here.  

Not saying Diggs wasn't a distraction, but I think a large part of that was the media never letting go...always trying to push the issue which led to Diggs toying a bit with them as his way of pushing back.  Not saying that was the right approach, but its been who he's been a while now.  

If we listen to what Beane, Diggs, and others have said, a trade does not appear to have been definite.  Sounded more like a trade was being explored but only if it had made sense and both sides seemed open to a new start.  I don't for a second think Beane would have traded Diggs if all he could get was a 5th round for example.  

I mean the fact they elected him a team captain for 2023 says the rift between him and Josh wasn't this huge thing people assumed it was.  No way they make him a captain if him and Josh are on the outs.  However, I do think both Josh and Diggs though are equally enjoying the fresh start though.  I just don't believe there is some deep rift, long term feud, or bad animosity between them like a lot of other people think.  I think there is still a lot of mutual respect and love for what they did for each other on the field and their time together even if they a fresh start was really the best path forward.  

And dude had like 800 yards at the midway point of the season. He was pace to have a record season until Dorsey got canned and passing game kind of went with it. 

41 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It is a FACT is it.

And Gunner Bill and nbbillsfans can confirm?  Oh those are rock solid sources, certainly in today's world of "Journalism"!

Let’s trust the speculative opinion of “RoyBatty is alive” instead lmao

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They had a falling out. Diggs would openly criticize Allen in the locker room to the point that it got uncomfortable for others. At some point Allen got really sick of it and they stopped talking. The sideline drama during the Bengals game didn't come out of nowhere, neither did Allen sitting there stone faced pointedly ignoring him. Tim Graham reported Allen yelled at Diggs in the locker room after the Jets loss last year over some comment Diggs made. It is basically public knowledge at this point that the two were not getting along.

I highly respect you and like you as a poster, so absolutely no disrespect here...but I just can't buy that they elected Diggs to be a team captain if there was some ongoing major locker room issue with him and Allen.  Obviously the relationship wasn't without speed bumps, but nobody puts a locker room cancer in the position of leadership, especially under this regime and especially when the issue is with the maybe the most talented and important player in the organizations history.  

And while I respect those other posters too, saying they can "confirm" this big rift is a bit a strong IMHO when they were not in the locker rooms.  I get they heard some stuff about some incidents, but most of that was prior to 2023 where they made him a captain, so whatever it was had to have been hashed out.  

And look, I have no doubt though that both Diggs and Allen are enjoying their mutual fresh starts.  I just think this was one of those situations where they were both on board for a change, but would have had no problem making it work if no trade had been reached and played this season together.  Diggs gets to go to an ascending team with high SB aspirations and Allen gets an array of young talent to build the next chapter with where he can play more free without that Alpha personality to consider.

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I highly respect you and like you as a poster, so absolutely no disrespect here...but I just can't buy that they elected Diggs to be a team captain if there was some ongoing major locker room issue with him and Allen.  Obviously the relationship wasn't without speed bumps, but nobody puts a locker room cancer in the position of leadership, especially under this regime and especially when the issue is with the maybe the most talented and important player in the organizations history.  

And while I respect those other posters too, saying they can "confirm" this big rift is a bit a strong IMHO when they were not in the locker rooms.  I get they heard some stuff about some incidents, but most of that was prior to 2023 where they made him a captain, so whatever it was had to have been hashed out.  

And look, I have no doubt though that both Diggs and Allen are enjoying their mutual fresh starts.  I just think this was one of those situations where they were both on board for a change, but would have had no problem making it work if no trade had been reached and played this season together.  Diggs gets to go to an ascending team with high SB aspirations and Allen gets an array of young talent to build the next chapter with where he can play more free without that Alpha personality to consider.

Poor, poor Stefan, so misunderstood!

• Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

And dude had like 800 yards at the midway point of the season. He was pace to have a record season until Dorsey got canned and passing game kind of went with it. 

Yeah he was on pace the over 1400 yards which would have been 2nd highest of his career and was on pace for the most TD's of his career during the 10 games under Dorsey.  Which is why I never felt he was "washed" like some did, I think it was just the different styles under Dorsey and Brady.  But, my biggest issue with Diggs is his lack of playoff production over his 4 years.

Edited by Alphadawg7

9 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Poor, poor Stefan, so misunderstood!

I never said poor him...but hey, keep carrying around the scorned ex-girlfriend energy around about it, hope that serves you well lol.  

I don't care what Ol steve in houston says about Josh Allen and I do not care what Allen says about steve.

In a perfect world Buffalo will win at Houston and then get Houston at home in an AFC Championship where they win that too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Diggs was him when he arrived and through the first 2 seasons, Allen grew up and no longer needed or appreciated Diggs leadership style. Diggs getting small in the postseason had gotten old.

It was time for 17 to take complete ownership of the franchise, there’s zero doubt who’s in charge now.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ngbills said:

You know that had nothing to do with the OC, right? His decline started when Dorsey was still in charge. For whatever reason his level of play just slowly fell off a cliff...

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Do you have the article handy ? I don’t recall him mentioning the words of encouragement from the rest of the team ..but my memory is being stretched now 9 months  later ..

Regardless … even if it’s only the words exchanged between Diggs and JA … this would not be uncommon across the league after as bad a loss as that one was .. 

here https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-stefon-diggs-trade-argument-new-york-jets

it came out in april

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It is a FACT is it.

And Gunner Bill and nbbillsfans can confirm?  Oh those are rock solid sources, certainly in today's world of "Journalism"!

anyone who follows the bills closely enough and frankly even the talking heads could (and did) conclude there were issues before the 2023 season even started

its not up for debate anymore

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The "drama" here IMHO was still over blown.  People tried so hard to make this huge riff between him and Josh, and it was just never to the degree of what it was IMHO.  I think the downfall of the Diggs era here had a lot more to do with Diggs losing patience and faith this team had enough to get over the hump at the back end of his career, especially staring down a lot of cap casualties creating a transition period here.  

Not saying Diggs wasn't a distraction, but I think a large part of that was the media never letting go...always trying to push the issue which led to Diggs toying a bit with them as his way of pushing back.  Not saying that was the right approach, but its been who he's been a while now.  

If we listen to what Beane, Diggs, and others have said, a trade does not appear to have been definite.  Sounded more like a trade was being explored but only if it had made sense and both sides seemed open to a new start.  I don't for a second think Beane would have traded Diggs if all he could get was a 5th round for example.  

I mean the fact they elected him a team captain for 2023 says the rift between him and Josh wasn't this huge thing people assumed it was.  No way they make him a captain if him and Josh are on the outs.  However, I do think both Josh and Diggs though are equally enjoying the fresh start though.  I just don't believe there is some deep rift, long term feud, or bad animosity between them like a lot of other people think.  I think there is still a lot of mutual respect and love for what they did for each other on the field and their time together even if they a fresh start was really the best path forward.  

It's also very possible that there was a lot of tension in their friendship/relationship the last year or so but also have mutual respect for each other.

Just like in a breakup. When you breakup with someone, doesn't mean you're going to rip on the other person when it's done.

There can be tension, but also mutual respect for each other at the same time, especially when that "relationship " is over.

I definitely think there was something between them. Of course just speculating, but kind of reading between the lines

Is this still a question? Everything Diggs did showcased the fact that he is a toxic prima donna. When the first question out of a reporter's mouth for 2 years is, "How is your relationship with ... " then you have a problem. Even Diggs' tweets implied a kind of sh@t talk to JA, who NEVER said a bad thing about him in public.

I am ecstatic that Diggs got traded. He was an anchor around the team's neck, with more leadership role than leadership talent. He disappeared after Brady, and the team started to win in impressive fashion. That is all we really need to know. He and Davis were empty targets in the end, and any combo of Samual, MSV, and Coleman added to Shakir, Kincaid, and Knox will highlight that JA doesn't need an overpaid me-first prima donna. Add Davis to the mix, and we will be better this year.

F#ck Diggs. JA will create new stars.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know that had nothing to do with the OC, right? His decline started when Dorsey was still in charge. For whatever reason his level of play just slowly fell off a cliff...

You do realize he was suplexed... Went on the injury report for a back injury 

Everybody knows back injuries don't clear up in one week 

He spent the last lots of weeks of the season hobbled...

I'm over it he's not a part of the team... I wish him best 

But he clearly was physically hobbled... Playing through pain

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I never said poor him...but hey, keep carrying around the scorned ex-girlfriend energy around about it, hope that serves you well lol.  

Not carrying anything, just find it odd how many keep carrything the Diggs torch, like Sammy Watkins. Years after his departure many kept posting about him. Bill Polian once said, in the mid 80's, the Buffalo Bills kept players well past their prime simply because they were fan favorites! And it hurt the team for years. Go find a "Doctor Phil," get over it!

28 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Sometimes love means letting go.

EuIUsB2XMAIq250.jpg

Yup!