America’s Fallen Cities: Buffalo

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You called those towns 'wonderbread', certainly not a term reflective of tolerance and/or the fact that different areas are for different people.  And, wth is 'whitewashing'...keeping the streets clean?  Nice store fronts?  Btw---on my google map, at the corner of East Chippewa and Main...there was a Friday's.  Are you young hipsters getting grimy at night and ordering the Pot Stickers and Jack Daniels Chicken Thumbs for lunch ion Saturdays?

that Fridays closed awhile ago ha. I’d mention going on Allen but if unhoused scare you, I can’t imagine what type of reaction the scary gays would illicit.

just enjoy the Southtowns, keep the scary city out of your thoughts.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, GMB 8888 said:

that Fridays closed awhile ago ha. I’d mention going on Allen but if unhoused scare you, I can’t imagine what type of reaction the scary gays would illicit.

The actual crime statistics keep most away.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

Do you live in the city? I was on the East Side at Canisius for 6yrs, in South Buffalo for 5yrs and now own a condo on Main St near Chippewa.

Sorry the city is too scary for you. Try Elma or East Aurora, both are wonder bread, devoid of diversity and fantastic places to raise a white family.

My house got robbed twice at Canisus, I had some druggie hop into my car and demand money at the corner of Parkside and something (where the bus stop is) back before car doors automatically locked, my wife was assaulted on Chippewa. Yes this stuff can happen in any city but that's why we don't live in a city. We live in a small town where we don't even lock our doors. Much much nicer and safer. If you have a family, these things are important.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K D said:

My house got robbed twice at Canisus, I had some druggie hop into my car and demand money at the corner of Parkside and something (where the bus stop is) back before car doors automatically locked, my wife was assaulted on Chippewa. Yes this stuff can happen in any city but that's why we don't live in a city. We live in a small town where we don't even lock our doors. Much much nicer and safer. If you have a family, these things are important.

I live semi close to Rochester.  That city is even worse.  If it's possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

It's telling that your default is to assume fear drives thought processes over things like quality of life, upbringing, personal experience etc. You covered a lot here, too, jumping from grimy to edgy to young v old (or more experienced youngsters as I call 'em), to LGBT issues.  

You limit your growth following this path.  

Some people just like grass my man.  

On the bright side,  I'm sure you're doing your part unhomlessing those folks in your sphere.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

1. No green energy 

2. Unions

3. Bicyclists fault

4. Flutie over Johnson

Reasons are obvious.

All the windmills and solar fields are in old farmers property just outside the city.

you nailed the rest.

Especially the last part.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

All the windmills and solar fields are in old farmers property just outside the city.

you nailed the rest.

Especially the last part.

the windmills are white. which is raysis

the solar panels are black. which is also raysis

they must be green.

• Haha (+1) 1

The worst areas the AI voice mentioned are  the slums.  I was in ECMC for my transplant for over amonth  Heard  multiple sirens in the neighborhood every night with very few going into the hospital grounds. The worst one mentioned  was the neighborhood near Emerson HS.  I lived in that neighborhood  for the first 4 years of my life (1957-1961) and then we moved to Cheektowaga where we has a nice big yard.  We were.nt rich- Dad was a warehouseman (teamster) and  mom a homemaker.  Was a nice neighborhood then.  About 2017 drove my mother past the house we rented  back then. It was still standing bit couldn't tell if it was occupied or not The house next to it was gone as was the house that was behind it.  I had relatives living on Goodyear between  Broadway and Sycamore. Didn't  go down it but on Google Earth View there are maybe 10 homes still standing on that whole block.

Having the Dems running the city for decades upon decades are to blame. They haven't done a thing except to tear buildings down.

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

The worst areas the AI voice mentioned are  the slums.  I was in ECMC for my transplant for over amonth  Heard  multiple sirens in the neighborhood every night with very few going into the hospital grounds. The worst one mentioned  was the neighborhood near Emerson HS.  I lived in that neighborhood  for the first 4 years of my life (1957-1961) and then we moved to Cheektowaga where we has a nice big yard.  We were.nt rich- Dad was a warehouseman (teamster) and  mom a homemaker.  Was a nice neighborhood then.  About 2017 drove my mother past the house we rented  back then. It was still standing bit couldn't tell if it was occupied or not The house next to it was gone as was the house that was behind it.  I had relatives living on Goodyear between  Broadway and Sycamore. Didn't  go down it but on Google Earth View there are maybe 10 homes still standing on that whole block.

Having the Dems running the city for decades upon decades are to blame. They haven't done a thing except to tear buildings down.

My North Buffalo neighborhood is rocking! Great area to live in. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

the windmills are white. which is raysis

the solar panels are black. which is also raysis

they must be green.

Green is a Jamacia color - you've appropriated black culture.  RACSISISIST!

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

I have relatives who grew up in Cheektowaga near Town Park. It was a nice post-war neighborhood. Nothing fancy. No garage, but you didn't have to park on the street. We called it middle class, but in retrospect it was more working class or lower middle class. The dad worked in factories, the mom cleaned houses for rich people. We had moved out to Amherst ourselves.

And you know what? My cousins - the kids of that "inner" Cheektowaga family - moved out to far flung Cheektowaga or Williamsville. The old aunts and uncles died, and the house was sold. It wasn't anything sinister. They had their own families and nobody wanted to raise them in a 950 square foot house with one bathroom. The moved up and out. The Buffalo metro area didn't suffer from that; they're still there. So what to do with the old Cheektowaga where apparently no one wants to live anymore? Well, it'll probably be populated by new arrivals, maybe refugees, maybe from Syria or Haiti. And they'll raise their own families there, and then their kids will want more space and they'll move out to Clarence. And the cycle will continue.

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

angry clint eastwood GIF