Tua holding out?

14 hours ago, DJB said:

Unfortunate.

Was hoping they would offer him more money than Trevor Lawrence 

Yeah..... I was hoping the Phins would be completely stupid and hand him that big $$$ contract. Sounds like they have their reservations too. They also could be thinking that McDaniel could run his offense with just about anyone. Shanahan can for the most part. Maybe they think McDaniel can turn someone into Brock Purdy 2.0? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

Tennessee, NYG, LV or Seattle 

It seems like a huge challenge to simultaneously commit huge dollars and to commit to a specific offensive strategy designed to have the qb not take hits. I don’t think any of those teams have the cap space or roster that has them “a franchise qb away “ from competing for a championship. 

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Yeah..... I was hoping the Phins would be completely stupid and hand him that big $$$ contract. Sounds like they have their reservations too. They also could be thinking that McDaniel could run his offense with just about anyone. Shanahan can for the most part. Maybe they think McDaniel can turn someone into Brock Purdy 2.0? 

I agree with this all... I would hate to be in the spot the Dolphins are with this contract... Tua has a very good season with McDaniel, but the others were almost average and injured. I want to see another year if I am them to make a big offer... I believe they can franchise him if they cant come to an agreement after this year like Baltimore did with Lamar. That of course will cost them big next year and they may have wished they did the contract now... but if he proves they need to cut bait then they were smart. In the end as a Bills fan it doesnt hurt us... If they cut bait, they are looking for a QB and are a mess... if he has a great season they are gonna pay more next year... Either way, if I am the Dolphins I am playing it like they are... I think at this point lost is the hope they throw stupid money at him and he has a bad year. 

Edited by JP51
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, Chaos said:

Where do people think Tua ends up if the Dolphins tell him "Test the Market"

I could see the Jets being interested. Rodgers isn't a long-term solution and Taylor isn't the answer. Woody Johnson overruled JD and Saleh who wanted Carr to bring Rodgers to NJ. I could see him getting involved again. WJ loves headlines and Tua going to one of the Dolphins rivals would do that.

22 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I would say Denver, but their cap hit on Wilson is going to be a millstone next year too.

Someone will overpay for decent starter level play.

Yes there is always someone out there.... and rarely does it work out

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I could see the Jets being interested. Rodgers isn't a long-term solution and Taylor isn't the answer. Woody Johnson overruled JD and Saleh who wanted Carr to bring Rodgers to NJ. I could see him getting involved again. WJ loves headlines and Tua going to one of the Dolphins rivals would do that.

I would put odds on it if Rodgers flames... I also would not put it by the Stillers if Wilson flames and Fields isnt the answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

People really need to let this die 

The literal world knows who this girl is now. I saw people from other countries asking what is America’s fascination with this girl/conversation? It was cool for the first couple days, but to hear it still being talked about on the radio after that? It’s weird. Like we all needed something to cling onto or connect over.

19 minutes ago, Brand J said:

The literal world knows who this girl is now. I saw people from other countries asking what is America’s fascination with this girl/conversation? It was cool for the first couple days, but to hear it still being talked about on the radio after that? It’s weird. Like we all needed something to cling onto or connect over.

I saw people selling t shirts. Its just weird at this point 

1 hour ago, JP51 said:

I agree with this all... I would hate to be in the spot the Dolphins are with this contract... Tua has a very good season with McDaniel, but the others were almost average and injured. I want to see another year if I am them to make a big offer... I believe they can franchise him if they cant come to an agreement after this year like Baltimore did with Lamar. That of course will cost them big next year and they may have wished they did the contract now... but if he proves they need to cut bait then they were smart. In the end as a Bills fan it doesnt hurt us... If they cut bait, they are looking for a QB and are a mess... if he has a great season they are gonna pay more next year... Either way, if I am the Dolphins I am playing it like they are... I think at this point lost is the hope they throw stupid money at him and he has a bad year. 

But it's up to Tua to not allow the Dolphins to do the waiting game.  Hold out now for big bucks or come back and play the last what 6? games to have the season count- some RB did this.  The Dolphins 2024 season would take a huge hit without Tua.

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But it's up to Tua to not allow the Dolphins to do the waiting game.  Hold out now for big bucks or come back and play the last what 6? games to have the season count- some RB did this.  The Dolphins 2024 season would take a huge hit without Tua.

He's an injury risk - But he's played more games than burrow... and won more games that Herbert.  He's coming off his best season as a pro, and a far better season than Herbert and Burrow.  The argument that you needed to see if he could handle a season - well he just did that by leading the team in snaps on offense.  He led the league in passing yards.  He had a career high in comp %.  

Yes he has Hill/waddle - but Burrow had Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.  So again.. why should he make less than the guys he's essentially out-performed?  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I mean that is a possibility... and quite honestly as a Bills fan I am ashamed I didnt add that to the options available that would make me happy LOL... can you imagine a protracted nasty QB holdout in Miami! Oh that would be awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He's an injury risk - But he's played more games than burrow... and won more games that Herbert.  He's coming off his best season as a pro, and a far better season than Herbert and Burrow.  The argument that you needed to see if he could handle a season - well he just did that by leading the team in snaps on offense.  He led the league in passing yards.  He had a career high in comp %.  

Yes he has Hill/waddle - but Burrow had Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.  So again.. why should he make less than the guys he's essentially out-performed?  

I'm sure his agent is advising him now is the time, hold strong.  Tua made it through all last season.  Big bucks now or don't play.

Right now he is certainly in the Trevor class,  If Tua suffers a major injury or career ending concussion he loses financially big time.  He's already experienced the business side of things when they sent him back out in that Bills game after his concussion.  His agent must be reminding him of this regularly.

Tua has a strong negotiating position right now.  It would be foolish of him not to use it.

11 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Not into the Burrow comparison, Burrow went to a SB etc... (although he always seems to be hurt) not sure I am ready to put Tua in that category IMO...  Now Herbert and Goff that is where Tua's agent I am sure is going... even Lawrence.... But Miami is still saying often hurt, 1 season, late season collapse... etc... they just arent ready to do it after one season... the more I think on this and the positions of both sides the more contentious I see this becoming...  From my perspective... and this is just an eye test for me... I do not see him leading the Dolphins anywhere past an earlyish playoff exit.  But time will tell there... 

33 minutes ago, JP51 said:

Not into the Burrow comparison, Burrow went to a SB etc... (although he always seems to be hurt) not sure I am ready to put Tua in that category IMO...  Now Herbert and Goff that is where Tua's agent I am sure is going... even Lawrence.... But Miami is still saying often hurt, 1 season, late season collapse... etc... they just arent ready to do it after one season... the more I think on this and the positions of both sides the more contentious I see this becoming...  From my perspective... and this is just an eye test for me... I do not see him leading the Dolphins anywhere past an earlyish playoff exit.  But time will tell there... 

I think Burrow is a better player - i just think its unfair to say "Tua's only good because he has tyreek and waddle", and not say the same thing about Burrow with Chase and Higgins.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think Burrow is a better player - i just think its unfair to say "Tua's only good because he has tyreek and waddle", and not say the same thing about Burrow with Chase and Higgins.  

Oh I dont disagree... and I quite honestly liked reading your points... I think I see a bit of a standoff coming.

10 hours ago, H2o said:

lol who?  Mike White?  Skylar Thompson? Gavin Hardison?  stop.  Everyone thinks Purdy is a figment of Shanahan's imagination.  He's a solid, skilled QB, as it turns out. 

Tua is McDaniels's best hope.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.