Act I TONIGHT 6/27=BLOODBATH. The 2024 Lawfare Victim Trump vs. Demented Biden Debate(s).

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ooh, someone is sounding scared of the Dead Man Standing (for 90 minutes). I got tricked!!

Meanwhile, noted Dr. Feelgood Ronny Johnson (sic) shares with  Biden his pre-debate pharmaceutical protocols.

Minor verbal slips! That’s spectacular!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Has CNN Learned Anything About Debate Moderation Since 2012?

It’s been twelve years since the infamous moment when CNN’s Candy Crowley interjected herself into the presidential debate between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, providing a live “fact check” which was, in reality, her factually inaccurate opinion. 

The moment was embarrassing enough that debate commission co-chair Frank Fahrenkopf would later describe their selection of Crowley as a moderator as a “mistake“; she was widely criticized for both inserting herself too much into the debate and letting it get out of hand.

Well, if you thought an Obama-Romney debate could go off the rails, just wait for this week’s Joe Biden Donald Trump rematch — moderated this time around by another pair of CNN anchors, including the woman who replaced Crowley as chief political correspondent, Dana Bash. Bash and co-moderator Jake Tapper will already be equipped with advantages other moderators haven’t had, including shutting off the microphones of the president and former president in between questions. 

https://thespectator.com/politics/cnn-learned-anything-debate-moderating-candy-crowley/

I'd guess no, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised. Speaking of which, I'm surprised that this is still on the schedule.

I genuinely expected Biden to use the conviction in Manhattan to pull out under the argument that a president shouldn't have to share a stage with a "convicted felon."

Whether Hunter's conviction changed that or Team Biden is more desperate than we imagined, it seems they're willing to roll the dice. 

https://hotair.com/headlines/2024/06/25/has-cnn-learned-anything-about-debate-moderation-since-2012-n3790896

On 6/24/2024 at 10:12 AM, B-Man said:

200929225349-dana-bash-jake-tapper-split

Voters Skeptical Of CNN, Anchors Tapper And Bash, Heading Into Trump/Biden Debate

The first 2024 presidential debate is on the way, but already controversy has emerged over the television network that will conduct the presidential face-off and those selected to ask the questions. Some Americans, it turns out, aren’t exactly thrilled about CNN anchors serving as moderators for the debate, the latest I&I/TIPP Poll shows.

The national online poll, taken from May 29-31, included 1,675 registered voters who were asked the following: “CNN will host the first general election presidential debate on June 27, 2024, moderated by Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. What is your opinion of the debate moderators and the host?”

The possible answers, given for CNN, Jake Tapper and Dana Bash, were “very favorable,” “somewhat favorable,” “not very favorable,” “not at all favorable,” and “not sure.” The poll has a +/-2.5 percentage-point margin of error.

{snip}

Will the debate be a debacle for one candidate or the other? Will one candidate clearly prevail over the other, or will it be a wash?

It’s not yet all clear. But one thing we know: CNN, Tapper and Bash will all be carefully scrutinized for fairness and balance in their questioning of Biden and Trump.

And not without reason.

CNN has a well-founded reputation for left-leaning bias, as reflected in recent assessments of its coverage.

https://issuesinsights.com/2024/06/24/voters-skeptical-of-cnn-anchors-tapper-and-bash-heading-into-trump-biden-debate-ii-tipp-poll/

Trump agreed to anytime anyplace anywhere. No all his base does is cry and make excuses for him because they know an old man who is losing it is going to whip his ass again! LOL you can’t make this stuff up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

Trump agreed to anytime anyplace anywhere. No all his base does is cry and make excuses for him because they know an old man who is losing it is going to whip his ass again! LOL you can’t make this stuff up. 

Can't wait to hear your excuses Friday morning.  "Hunter had some bad crack that Joe borrowed, it's not his fault!"  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

Trump, by all accounts, speaks exactly as he did in 1992. Bombastic, ineloquently, repetitive, prone to exaggeration.

And we're supposed to pretend that the way he's always spoken is indicative of.... well anything at all.

At the same time we're also supposed to buy that Biden, who has fallen off a cognitive cliff in recent years, merely commits "minor verbal slips"

That thread title keeps getting better and better Finding.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Biden has a record to defend this time around instead of promising things/claiming he would be able to do it better.  CNN helped Trump by cutting off the mics and forcing them both to stand for 90 minutes. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Biden has a record to defend this time around instead of promising things/claiming he would be able to do it better.  CNN helped Trump by cutting off the mics and forcing them both to stand for 90 minutes. 

I love the shutting off the mic thing.  I've been calling for that for decades.

Will be interesting to see if they really enforce it.  

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I love the shutting off the mic thing.  I've been calling for that for decades.

Will be interesting to see if they really enforce it.  

At least for Trump they will. 

It's going to be hilarious watching a presidential candidate have to invoke the 5th as every answer, before he pivots to exaggerations and outright lies.  

The whole debate will look like this and the moderators will not follow up with anything but carefully crafted questions that deflect and spin or blame Trump

AB knows.  

My theory on why Trump is doing this is to make sure Biden stays on the ballot.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The whole debate will look like this and the moderators will not follow up with anything but carefully crafted questions that deflect and spin or blame Trump

AB knows.  

My theory on why Trump is doing this is to make sure Biden stays on the ballot.  

Still better than asking trump about fake electors, stolen documents he tried to conceal/destroy and perfect phone calls only to hear that he's taking the 5th, because he's under indictments for untold felonies.  LOLOL

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Still better than asking trump about fake electors, stolen documents he tried to conceal/destroy and perfect phone calls only to hear that he's taking the 5th, because he's under indictments for untold felonies.  LOLOL

Um.  They are absolutely going to ask him about that.  And have all their follow ups ready bc they know what he’s going to say then cut his mic claiming he’s out of time.  

“President Biden, why is Trump such a threat to our democracy and why is he like Hitler?” 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Um.  They are absolutely going to ask him about that.  And have all their follow ups ready bc they know what he’s going to say then cut his mic claiming he’s out of time.  

“President Biden, why is Trump such a threat to our democracy and why is he like Hitler?” 

Kaitlin Collins already tried when his mic wasn't cut.  He deflected, and called her a nasty person.  The guy is incapable of answering a question, because he's a never ending run on sentence of his own bs.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Kaitlin Collins already tried when his mic wasn't cut.  He deflected, and called her a nasty person.  The guy is incapable of answering a question, because he's a never ending run on sentence of his own bs.  

The hero we deserve 

• Like (+1) 1