Things that really piss you off when driving.

Happened today…

Waiting at a red light.   Light turns green, guy in front of me doesn’t move.  I can see his head tilted down, he’s obviously texting.  I tap my horn (didn’t lean into it, just a tap).  He flips me off, drives away.  Why flip someone off when you’re completely in the wrong?  Just wave, do nothing, drive away, but don’t give me the bird.

15 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Happened today…

Waiting at a red light.   Light turns green, guy in front of me doesn’t move.  I can see his head tilted down, he’s obviously texting.  I tap my horn (didn’t lean into it, just a tap).  He flips me off, drives away.  Why flip someone off when you’re completely in the wrong?  Just wave, do nothing, drive away, but don’t give me the bird.

But texting and driving isn't wrong. Just ask the people that are texting and driving. 

• Haha (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

When merging onto high way using my blinker signaling I'm trying to get into the lane usually left of me...... when the other driver all of a sudden drives at the same pace as me not allowing me to get in.  I mean at the very least if you don't want to let me get in your lane speed up man!  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

The most dangerous drivers out there are the slow ones. They create traffic and cause car accidents because they don't go with the flow of traffic and annoy the heck out of other drivers that become aggressive.

Edited by Joe Ferguson

33 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

did anyone say people who reverse into parking stalls yet

It’s not our fault you can’t drive. 

• 1 month later...

This was something that really pissed me off this morning….  Someone pulled out ahead of me extremely abruptly out of a gas station forcing me to SLAM on the brakes.

I feel like in a way if the person who was behind me rear ended me it’s not even so much their fault versus the person who cut me off and well just drive off.  

On 6/13/2024 at 5:48 PM, Fleezoid said:

But texting and driving isn't wrong. Just ask the people that are texting and driving. 

The punishment for texting and driving should be the same as a DUI. That is something that also needs to be stopped just like drinking and driving.

2 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

When a CHP starts swerving Infront of all lanes of traffic to bring traffic to a crawl if not a complete stop and then speed away. Leaves me with a WTF?

There's usually a legitimate reason for that.

When there is some obstruction in the road ahead, like something that fell off a truck, they do that to create a gap in the traffic that allows someone to safely walk out into what would otherwise be dangerous, busy traffic and remove the debris from the road.  Once the obstruction is gone, they speed up to allow normal traffic flow to resume.  You never see the reason for creating the gap, because by the time you get to the spot that had the debris, it's gone.

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

People who stop at a light and then proceed to creep slowly forward 20 more feet before the light changes. 

Just drive up to where you want to be and stop. It's not hard.

Saw one the other day, by time the light turned green, they were fully past the stop line and in the intersection.  

When signals are on a timer, it doesn't matter where you stop, it's going to eventually go green.  When they are on sensors, you need to be behind the stop line to be picked up.  

Construction Zone.  1 mile ahead  LEFT lane closed.  Everyone moves to the right lane causing a multi car mess where no one is moving.  Hasn't anyone heard of the "Zipper" method where one drives to the merge point then everyone alternates to get in the open lane. 

Construction zone B.  After moving to the open lane a knothead behind me zooms along side me and cuts in front when I was clearly there first.  Clips a traffic cone and is the leader of the stream of cars.  Posted MPH is 55.  He decides to go 35 for all 5 miles of the restricted area.  It was on Sunday and there were no workers so driving in excess of the 55 would not have been a problem.  

1 minute ago, LewPort71 said:

Construction Zone.  1 mile ahead  LEFT lane closed.  Everyone moves to the right lane causing a multi car mess where no one is moving.  Hasn't anyone heard of the "Zipper" method where one drives to the merge point then everyone alternates to get in the open lane. 

Construction zone B.  After moving to the open lane a knothead behind me zooms along side me and cuts in front when I was clearly there first.  Clips a traffic cone and is the leader of the stream of cars.  Posted MPH is 55.  He decides to go 35 for all 5 miles of the restricted area.  It was on Sunday and there were no workers so driving in excess of the 55 would not have been a problem.  

Use all lanes available to the merge point. BUT authorities should clearly mark a merge point.  Not all localites do.

• Like (+1) 1