Ray Ray Davis pick receiving praise

Change the stupid title to this thread.

He is not 'Ray Ray' Davis and never will be.

Knock it off and don't disrespect him like that, who the ***** would want to share a nickname with Ray McCloud ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On 5/31/2024 at 11:45 PM, billsfan89 said:

Not really sure what pick the Bills have made that was “embarrassing”. When I think of an embarrassing pick I think of a pick that many thought was bad at the time and turned out to be bad. I can’t think of a high pick that fits that description.

Even some of their more notable busts like Cody Ford, Zay Jones and Boogie Basham all were players projected to go around those selections and in the case of Zay he turned in a good NFL career just not with the Bills. I can’t think of any other big busts, Elam’s early returns are not great but he’s shown he can play here and there.

The Bills are mostly a team in the draft that hit a lot singles and doubles. They don’t hit a ton of home runs but they also don’t “strike out” too often either. Each draft they find a lot of starting caliber players which builds a strong deep roster.

The Bills just need a couple more big time selections here or there.

I think I would phrase it different…

They hit a grand slam with Allen and I would say they have several home runs on the roster too.  

I think the thing is more they haven’t hit another grand slam, drafting that elite impact player that is one of the best players on their side of the ball in the league.  Kincaid though has the potential to be (I won’t include anyone from this draft class since they haven’t taken a snap yet).

There are a lot of guys I would say fall into the triples or home run category on the roster between their on field performance vs draft slots.  Taron for example is a home run IMHO.

14 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Obviously, but this is mind-bending to me. So because of one insignificant Ray-Ray years ago, now everyone named Ray becomes Ray-Ray??? Unintelligent people drive me nuts

True story: My brother in law calls any television remote "Ray-Ray". Like, if my sister loses the remote, he'll start asking his kids: "Have you seen Ray-Ray? Did somebody put Ray-Ray under a cushion?" All stone-faced serious. Dude is hilarious!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

True story: My brother in law calls any television remote "Ray-Ray". Like, if my sister loses the remote, he'll start asking his kids: "Have you seen Ray-Ray? Did somebody put Ray-Ray under a cushion?" All stone-faced serious. Dude is hilarious!

Did he eat paint chips as a child?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think I would phrase it different…

They hit a grand slam with Allen and I would say they have several home runs on the roster too.  

I think the thing is more they haven’t hit another grand slam, drafting that elite impact player that is one of the best players on their side of the ball in the league.  Kincaid though has the potential to be (I won’t include anyone from this draft class since they haven’t taken a snap yet).

There are a lot of guys I would say fall into the triples or home run category on the roster between their on field performance vs draft slots.  Taron for example is a home run IMHO.

From 2017-2018 the Bills had a lot of home run picks. Tre, Milano, Taron, and Josh were all great picks Pro-Bowl/All-Pro caliber players. From 2019-2023 The Bills have thus far hit a lot of "singles" and "doubles" getting good role players and starters. Their biggest success since 2019 thus far has been Ed Oliver who was a solid starter his first 4 years but broke out with a Pro-Bowl season establishing himself as a top 10 DT in the league. 

I think 2022-2023 have a lot of potential to produce more "home run" style picks. Cook, Shakir, Bernard, Benford, Torrence and Kincaid have all slotted into starting roles at a very good level. I think they all have the chance to improve to a "Pro-Bowl" level. I think as far as 2020-2021 Groot and Spencer Brown are picks that could reach that next level of draft "hit" but they have to progress more in year 4 which is certainly possible. 

It is hard to say as you mentioned to judge the 2024 class they haven't played a snap. But what I like about that class is the volume of it. 10 picks 8-9 of which are likely to make the roster mostly as role/rotational player which given how well the organization has drafted in recent years esp in the mid-rounds is nice to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.