Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Because that’s the way it works.  Regardless of why you think they should be related or not, they should be and they will be- get used to it.  

And why does it look that way?

Why does worthy to the chiefs make sense?  They just won the SB with one of the worst WR corps in SB history.  They added Hollywood Brown.  Why add another?  I think Keon made a lot of sense for KC, moreso than Worthy

No reason  to be rude, and I disagree that It’s the way it works.  There was zero the Bills could do to insure the Chiefs didn’t get Worthy.  So to sit here and whine about it, post every highlight or low light in camp is just a silly premise.  Especially when the guy we took has had by far the superior camp anyway.  

And the reason he made sense is because they didn’t need size with Rice and Kelce and he isn’t going to need to be a lead WR1 piece there with them and Brown.  Reid and Mahomes get to use him as a complimentary piece and move him around creatively rather than a primary target who is gonna have problems getting jammed at the LOS.  

I didn’t say it should have been their pick, I said it makes sense in terms of how they can use him and because they have been trying to find someone like him since Hill left and just whiffed on Skyy and Toney trying to find it.  

19 minutes ago, Johnny Bravo said:

I’m liking Keon so far, but it’s not obvious we preferred him.  We could have made the same trade with the Chiefs and they could have taken Keon instead of Worthy and we’d have been left with someone else.

if Keon turns out to be better than Worthy it might just be that we got lucky.

This is the case with almost all draft picks! 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Literally none of this has anything to do with Worthy and the Bills.  We clearly didn’t want Worthy…and if we don’t take him, Chiefs almost certainly still get him.

So again, who cares.  Coleman has had one of the best camps of any rookie of any position in the league. 

You don't know that KC would almost certainly get him.  KC gave up draft assets to move up, I don't think they thought what you are claiming.

What happens with Worthy and Coleman is pertinent to Bills fans.  Beane dealt the pick to a rival.  Beane has had a rough year and if it turns out that this bold move was a blunder the thin ice he may be on could break. 

So far the Worthy/K Coleman saga is going Beane's way.

10 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

My guy I think Keon is better than Worthy. I've got no PTSD lol.

But even saying that, it's super obvious to me that it would be human nature for people to feel that way.

I think you get it, but you're acting like you don't to make some weird contrarian point. IMO

Human nature, yes.

Sensible, really not at all.

Plenty of things that are part of human nature make relatively little sense and this is one of them. Kahnemann would have a lot to say about why this uproar makes no little sense, if he were a football fan.

The Bills didn't want Worthy in that area of the draft. Knowing that, game theory says if the Bills can get the guy they did want and some other stuff besides, they maximized the value of their asset. There never was a real connection between the Bills and Worthy. Still isn't.

I don't know how the two guys will work out. I kind of liked both of them but thought the Bills wouldn't pick Keon since they've been valuing separation so highly in their WR picks the past few years and Keon is better at getting separation than many have acknowledged, it's not his strongest suit. It's clear they like other things about him, the whole package, really. But I'm hopeful now that Keon will work out well and Worthy won't. Which is certainly possible, though up in the air at this point.

But the connection between the Bills and Worthy is really minimal and it's based on people hoping that the Bills were interested in Worthy. But they weren't. It's the kind of thing that deserves to be talked about on draft day and then mostly forgotten after a few months unless brought up as a footnote.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You don't know that KC would almost certainly get him.  KC gave up draft assets to move up, I don't think they thought what you are claiming.

What happens with Worthy and Coleman is pertinent to Bills fans.  Beane dealt the pick to a rival.  Beane has had a rough year and if it turns out that this bold move was a blunder the thin ice he may be on could break. 

The thin ice you're referring to? It's entirely in your mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I said there was no way to insure they don’t get him.  And given how the draft fell, it is quite plausible, and even probable, they still get him either via a trade with one of the other 3 teams after us or him lasting to their pick.  And we took draft capital away from them in the process too. 

But hey, this is apparently a sore subject for many who seem hell bent on making this into a thing.  I’m not gonna waste any more time or energy on it personally, it’s all good.

PS:  IMHO Beane is not on thin ice nor has he had a rough year.  Thats your personal take on him, but I doubt that’s it’s how he is seen by the majority and more importantly not how the team or his employers see him either.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Human nature, yes.

Sensible, really not at all.

Plenty of things that are part of human nature make relatively little sense and this is one of them. Kahnemann would have a lot to say about why this uproar makes no little sense, if he were a football fan.

The Bills didn't want Worthy in that area of the draft. Knowing that, game theory says if the Bills can get the guy they did want and some other stuff besides, they maximized the value of their asset. There never was a real connection between the Bills and Worthy. Still isn't.

I don't know how the two guys will work out. I kind of liked both of them but thought the Bills wouldn't pick Keon since they've been valuing separation so highly in their WR picks the past few years and Keon is better at getting separation than many have acknowledged, it's not his strongest suit. It's clear they like other things about him, the whole package, really. But I'm hopeful now that Keon will work out well and Worthy won't. Which is certainly possible, though up in the air at this point.

But the connection between the Bills and Worthy is really minimal and it's based on people hoping that the Bills were interested in Worthy. But they weren't. It's the kind of thing that deserves to be talked about on draft day and then mostly forgotten after a few months unless brought up as a footnote.

💯👏

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No reason  to be rude, and I disagree that It’s the way it works.  There was zero the Bills could do to insure the Chiefs didn’t get Worthy.  So to sit here and whine about it, post every highlight or low light in camp is just a silly premise.  Especially when the guy we took has had by far the superior camp anyway.  

And the reason he made sense is because they didn’t need size with Rice and Kelce and he isn’t going to need to be a lead WR1 piece there with them and Brown.  Reid and Mahomes get to use him as a complimentary piece and move him around creatively rather than a primary target who is gonna have problems getting jammed at the LOS.  

I didn’t say it should have been their pick, I said it makes sense in terms of how they can use him and because they have been trying to find someone like him since Hill left and just whiffed on Skyy and Toney trying to find it.  

Sorry- wasn’t trying to be rude-  my blunt nature can come off in that way.  You know you’re my boy!  We have the same opinion on most things.- not this one though.  The comparison will likely always be there

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can the OP update the thread title? It's Worthy still injured? Injured again? Lost a limb?

Spleen of course

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Avisan said:

(Citation needed)

In addition to the many on this board, I will supply this from Fantasy Football Index's Offseason Transaction Report 2024.  You would agree that Beane is in charge of the Bills Offseason transactions, right?

BUFFALO BILLS

Key gains: WR Keon Coleman (2nd), WR Curtis Samuel (Was.), S Mike Edwards (K.C.), RB Ray Davis (4th), WR Mack Hollins (Atl.), WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (K.C.), LB Nicholas Morrow (Phi.).

Key losses: WR Stefon Diggs (trade), C Mitch Morse (cut), DE Leonard Floyd (S.F.), CB Dane Jackson (Car.), CB TreDavious White (LAR), WR Gabe Davis (Jac.), S Jordan Poyer (Mia.), RB Latavius Murray.

F

The most dramatic changes are at wide receiver. Diggs wasn’t much of a factor the second half of last season and Gabe Davis was annually inconsistent, but there likely will be growing pains with all the new faces. Josh Allen lobbied for the team to select Coleman, while Samuel has worked with this offensive coordinator in the past. … Buffalo also shed several starting defenders. Injuries limited some of them, but the pass rush and secondary won’t be as good. … Ray Davis lasted until the fourth round but put up 21 touchdowns last year at Kentucky, looking like he’ll be better than anybody who backed up James Cook last year.

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

In addition to the many on this board, I will supply this from Fantasy Football Index's Offseason Transaction Report 2024.  You would agree that Beane is in charge of the Bills Offseason transactions, right?

BUFFALO BILLS

Key gains: WR Keon Coleman (2nd), WR Curtis Samuel (Was.), S Mike Edwards (K.C.), RB Ray Davis (4th), WR Mack Hollins (Atl.), WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (K.C.), LB Nicholas Morrow (Phi.).

Key losses: WR Stefon Diggs (trade), C Mitch Morse (cut), DE Leonard Floyd (S.F.), CB Dane Jackson (Car.), CB TreDavious White (LAR), WR Gabe Davis (Jac.), S Jordan Poyer (Mia.), RB Latavius Murray.

F

The most dramatic changes are at wide receiver. Diggs wasn’t much of a factor the second half of last season and Gabe Davis was annually inconsistent, but there likely will be growing pains with all the new faces. Josh Allen lobbied for the team to select Coleman, while Samuel has worked with this offensive coordinator in the past. … Buffalo also shed several starting defenders. Injuries limited some of them, but the pass rush and secondary won’t be as good. … Ray Davis lasted until the fourth round but put up 21 touchdowns last year at Kentucky, looking like he’ll be better than anybody who backed up James Cook last year.

You are citing some random fantasy football website's opinion as the basis of your claim?

Edited by Avisan

10 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

We have the best record in the last 4 years, no chance he's on thin ice, hes been a top 5 gm

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The thin ice you're referring to? It's entirely in your mind.

It’s that human nature thing rearing its head again,  😁👍

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I said there was no way to insure they don’t get him.  And given how the draft fell, it is quite plausible, and even probable, they still get him either via a trade with one of the other 3 teams after us or him lasting to their pick.  And we took draft capital away from them in the process too. 

But hey, this is apparently a sore subject for many who seem hell bent on making this into a thing.  I’m not gonna waste any more time or energy on it personally, it’s all good.

PS:  IMHO Beane is not on thin ice nor has he had a rough year.  Thats your personal take on him, but I doubt that’s it’s how he is seen by the majority and more importantly not how the team or his employers see him either.  

I think Beane is very good, but his big contracts of late haven’t panned out.

-Hopefully Von has a big year, but so far, we’re 0-2 with him giving us what we paid for with bad luck.  Credit to Beane & Von for reworking the deal though. 

-Same with Knox.  Paid him for his potential, which due to issues out of our control (injury/tragic loss of his brother) we haven’t really seen returns on.  Hopefully he becomes the guy we paid this year as the talent is there & credit to both Beane/Knox for also reworking the deal. 

-Diggs.  I don’t fault him, but we paid him, and then it became toxic.  We’re now paying for a WR1 that’s not even on the team this year.   Getting a 2 back for him was a good move and salvaged what he could of the situation. 

Beane has also handed out some great contracts and his draft classes of late, especially with Elam’s growth, look absolutely phenomenal. 

As for Worthy/Coleman.  I suspect if we stuck at our pick and drafted, we’d still have taken Coleman.   And Worthy still would’ve been there for KC and/or they would’ve just traded up with whoever picked after us.   No matter what, we were getting Coleman and they were getting Worthy.   Beane just got some extra draft capital out of it.   But… if Worthy is elite, he will own that.   Let’s hope it’s not the case. 

Meanwhile our guy.  

“Just attention to detail,” Allen said when asked what has impressed him. “His football IQ, in my opinion, is off the charts. He understands defenses, he understands leverage when he’s running routes. The catch radius that he has, you can just throw one up and he’s gonna find a way to either go get it or break it up like we saw (Thursday).

“I love the guy. He’s making things personal, going out there and blocking hard, and he’s doing things the right way. He’s making plays in camp, and we’re building that chemistry on the field right now. And I think that off the field we’ve got a very good thing going, too.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Meanwhile our guy.  

“Just attention to detail,” Allen said when asked what has impressed him. “His football IQ, in my opinion, is off the charts. He understands defenses, he understands leverage when he’s running routes. The catch radius that he has, you can just throw one up and he’s gonna find a way to either go get it or break it up like we saw (Thursday).

“I love the guy. He’s making things personal, going out there and blocking hard, and he’s doing things the right way. He’s making plays in camp, and we’re building that chemistry on the field right now. And I think that off the field we’ve got a very good thing going, too.”

Yeah.

And there's a lot more besides.

I'm a big Matt Waldman fan and I think everyone should be. Here's Matt with his pre-draft evaluation on Keon.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2024/07/30/keon-coleman-matt-waldmans-rsp-pre-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

An absolute ton of detail and at least so far it looks like he was right on target.

• Thank you (+1) 2