Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

Just now, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

My guy I think Keon is betyter than Worthy. I've got no PTSD lol.

But even saying that, it's super obvious to me that it would be human nature for people to feel that way.

I think you get it, but you're acting like you don't to make some weird contrarian point. IMO

I’m just saying the Worthy thing is a total non-story given we weren’t taking him and KC likely still gets him if we don’t make the trade.  

Worthy to Chiefs makes sense, it never at any point made sense for the Bills.  So unless people expect us take guys we don’t want that don’t fit just to block KC, then there is nothing to this story unless people want to force it.  

It’s all good, it’s just a silly premise IMHO to force the KC narrative about a player we didn’t want and that KC very likely still gets if we don’t make the trade.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

38 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

We picked up that pick at 3 which was Ray Davis if I got my facts straight. So that kind of levels out the trade IMHO.

And they got a TE with our pick that could be the heir apparent to Kelce. 

Beane will be judged with a little extra oomph on whether or not Keon pans out for the Bills.    Especially so because of the Bills history with trading with KC and that KC has had the edge over the Bills.

With that said, it is very clear that the Bills valued Keon higher than Worthy or at the very least as high as Worthy.   So from Beane's perspective the Bills ended up ahead on the trade going into and on draft day.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Beane will be judged with a little extra oomph on whether or not Keon pans out for the Bills.    Especially so because of the Bills history with trading with KC and that KC has had the edge over the Bills.

With that said, it is very clear that the Bills valued Keon higher than Worthy or at the very least as high as Worthy.   So from Beane's perspective the Bills ended up ahead on the trade going into and on draft day.

Yea i agree, Keon from what i have seen is good but when the big boys start coming after him like Fred Warner or Roquan Smith coming his good can go down the drain. It will be interesting this season

1 minute ago, Magox said:

We can already see how the Bills want to use Keon.  Worthy is a completely different type WR.

Fans attempting to do a comparison doesn't make sense to me.

How Keon ultimately pans out would need to be compared with the other WRs similar in traits and that is not Worthy.

IMO.

1 hour ago, Fan in San Diego said:

We picked up that pick at 3 which was Ray Davis if I got my facts straight. So that kind of levels out the trade IMHO.

Yet according to the media and the overreactions on this board we "gave" the Chiefs Worthy, even though they literally paid us for him.

I'll be surprised if I ever read anything more stupid on this board (or anywhere for that matter) than the people who actually said Beane and the Bills were stupid for not drafting Worthy even though they didn't want him, just to prevent KC from getting him.

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

I'll be surprised if I ever read anything more stupid on this board (or anywhere for that matter) than the people who actually said Beane and the Bills were stupid for not drafting Worthy even though they didn't want him, just to prevent KC from getting him.

Hold my beer.......

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Yet according to the media and the overreactions on this board we "gave" the Chiefs Worthy, even though they literally paid us for him.

It was a brilliant trade by Beane.

If  Ray Davis proves to be any good, I think it will go down in history as one of the Bills best draft-day decisions ever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But hey, keep fixating on a player we passed on who made no sense for the needs of our team that has already been hurt in camp and has already been utterly destroyed at the LOS by his own teammate rather than guy we took who has already put up one of the best camps in the league and scoring rave reviews from on lookers, staff, media, and players.  

Sounds like Worthy is going to be the biggest bust since Mahomes.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They used 2 first round picks and also this years 3rd in a very deep and talented class to draft a QB that was most often not even in the top 40 players in this draft, never really higher than 3rd at his own position, has a ton of mechanics and footwork issues he needs to rebuild, and was really a 2nd round QB at best, but in this weak class his stock got elevated. 

Keep laughing KC, I am enjoying every second of the fact that we don't have to try and rebuild Mahomes...aka Bortles part 2. Only time will tell, but I am glad we aren't the ones that have to fix him before he can have success in the NFL

• Eyeroll 1

46 minutes ago, Billl said:

Sounds like Worthy is going to be the biggest bust since Mahomes.

LMAO!  Most people were wrong about Mahomes, but you want to bring that up to counter a point about how silly it is to fixate on Worthy because Bill clearly had other plans?

But ohhhh you got me good lmao...I was one of the many people who didn't know Mahomes was gonna be one of the GOATS.  But hey, I guess I suffer with that rare pesky problem of not being able to accurately predict the future 100% of the time...shame on me. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Dislike 1

On 8/1/2024 at 4:04 AM, Charles Romes said:

Makes me want to watch the all 22 to see how Beasley got downfield. 5’8 174. 

Agree...I think it comes down to freakish athletic talent (and hard work).

Ex: I am friendly-ish w a fmr Bills DB, and he's definitely "small" in football terms. But, I've played both basketball and hockey w this guy: his athleticism, even in retirement, blows my mind.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

We can already see how the Bills want to use Keon.  Worthy is a completely different type WR.

Fans attempting to do a comparison doesn't make sense to me.

How Keon ultimately pans out would need to be compared with the other WRs similar in traits and that is not Worthy.

IMO.

that's not how it works. 

he was their top pick and 32nd overall.  that's how he will be judged.

and if Worthy has a much more productive year, Keon will face that comparison as well

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/2/2024 at 9:46 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Why though?  It’s dumb, Worthy never at any point in any reality made any sense of any kind for the Buffalo Bills.  There is no rational reason he should have been our pick.  

In KC, they had Hollywood Brown and Rice as well as Kelce.  He gets to go there as a skinny twig who only needs to be a complimentary piece, not a WR1 where he faces a high chance to struggle as a WR1 as he is gonna get destroyed by press coverage.  

Bills needed both a WR1 and more size in our WR room.  Only people who thought the Bills should take Worthy are the people who think the 40 times are the holy grail of WR evaluation…the same 40 time he manipulated to put up that time by cutting even more weight just to try and break a record at the underwear Olympics but is not the real speed he will play at in the NFL.  

Because that’s the way it works.  Regardless of why you think they should be related or not, they should be and they will be- get used to it.  

On 8/2/2024 at 2:39 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

I confess I wanted him when we were on the clock.   Looks like it might be a better pick with Keon 

And why does it look that way?

On 8/2/2024 at 10:57 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m just saying the Worthy thing is a total non-story given we weren’t taking him and KC likely still gets him if we don’t make the trade.  

Worthy to Chiefs makes sense, it never at any point made sense for the Bills.  So unless people expect us take guys we don’t want that don’t fit just to block KC, then there is nothing to this story unless people want to force it.  

It’s all good, it’s just a silly premise IMHO to force the KC narrative about a player we didn’t want and that KC very likely still gets if we don’t make the trade.  

Why does worthy to the chiefs make sense?  They just won the SB with one of the worst WR corps in SB history.  They added Hollywood Brown.  Why add another 10lb burner.  I think Keon made a lot of sense for KC, moreso than Worthy

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Magox said:

I’m liking Keon so far, but it’s not obvious we preferred him.  We could have made the same trade with the Chiefs and they could have taken Keon instead of Worthy and we’d have been left with someone else.

if Keon turns out to be better than Worthy it might just be that we got lucky.

Edited by Johnny Bravo