Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

31 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Honestly, Worthy does not look 5’11 to me. He looks 5’10 on tippy toes. I’ve heard in an interview during the combine that he intentionally lost 10lbs to get a faster time. That combine pic you posted is a really scrawny kid. Let’s see how he does in games. We’re not even in preseason games yet so I’ll reserve judgment on him as well as Coleman and other rookies. 

He obviously has the skill.  The only thing that is a pretty big concern is taking punishment.  Is he still a 4.2 - 40 after getting hit several hundred times through out a season?  It's not just getting solo tackled, its getting hit a few times in a swarm, or being pressed like yesterday or having to lay a block.....Or does he wear down by week 8 or just outright get hurt?

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Tank Dell has a slightly smaller frame than Worthy and did great last year as a rookie. Not saying Worthy will light it up but it’s too early to make any presumptions. Every receiver has a bad highlight especially as a rookie in their first training camp. 

I agree its way too early to begin making judgements on rookies any rookies good or bad... I will say that clip was not flattering though LOL 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He obviously has the skill.  The only thing that is a pretty big concern is taking punishment.  Is he still a 4.2 - 40 after getting hit several hundred times through out a season?  It's not just getting solo tackled, its getting hit a few times in a swarm, or being pressed like yesterday or having to lay a block.....Or does he wear down by week 8 or just outright get hurt?

Definitely. That’s the big question for guys his size. It’s a physical game. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Tank Dell has a slightly smaller frame than Worthy and did great last year as a rookie. Not saying Worthy will light it up but it’s too early to make any presumptions. Every receiver has a bad highlight especially as a rookie in their first training camp. 

Tank Dell doesnt have a smaller frame, both weigh the same but Dell is a bit shorter but stockier and he  didnt even make it the whole season till he broke his leg.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

I have to come clean here

I wanted two WRs from the draft

One who could catch anything and develop into a 1B at least

and then , anywhere in the draft pick a John Brown speed WR. But honestly NEVER early for speed merchant. High risk with durability concerns for them all

Worthy was the one I picked.

Mc Beanes is clearly a level above my Virtual GM thinkings

LMAO…21 pages about a KC Chief rookie…isn’t this supposed to be a Bills board?  

In all seriousness, who cares at this point about Worthy?  What is even sillier is Keon has had by far the more impressive camp this far and it’s not even close.  

This is like “Wrong Josh” all over again where people just can’t let go Bills drafted someone different than they wanted.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO…21 pages about a KC Chief rookie…isn’t this supposed to be a Bills board?  

In all seriousness, who cares at this point about Worthy?  What is even sillier is Keon has had by far the more impressive camp this far and it’s not even close.  

This is like “Wrong Josh” all over again where people just can’t let go Bills drafted someone different than they wanted.  

Nah. It’s normal. Keon and Worthy will be linked by the circumstances for a while.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Nah. It’s normal. Keon and Worthy will be linked by the circumstances for a while.

Why though?  It’s dumb, Worthy never at any point in any reality made any sense of any kind for the Buffalo Bills.  There is no rational reason he should have been our pick.  

In KC, they had Hollywood Brown and Rice as well as Kelce.  He gets to go there as a skinny twig who only needs to be a complimentary piece, not a WR1 where he faces a high chance to struggle as a WR1 as he is gonna get destroyed by press coverage.  

Bills needed both a WR1 and more size in our WR room.  Only people who thought the Bills should take Worthy are the people who think the 40 times are the holy grail of WR evaluation…the same 40 time he manipulated to put up that time by cutting even more weight just to try and break a record at the underwear Olympics but is not the real speed he will play at in the NFL.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 4

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why though?  It’s dumb, Worthy never at any point in any reality made any sense of any kind for the Buffalo Bills.  There is no rational reason he should have been our pick.  

In KC, they had Hollywood Brown and Rice as well as Kelce.  He gets to go there as a skinny twig who only needs to be a complimentary piece, not a WR1 where he faces a high chance to struggle as a WR1 as he is gonna get destroyed by press coverage.  

Bills needed both a WR1 and more size in our WR room.  Only people who thought the Bills should take Worthy are the people who think the 40 times are the holy grail of WR evaluation…the same 40 time he manipulated to put up that time by cutting even more weight just to try and break a record at the underwear Olympics but is not the real speed he will play at in the NFL.  

We need to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. We have struggled with their physical DB’s in the playoffs where flags are slow to fly. Coleman is the better fit for what we need to do, as Worthy would be mugged into irrelevance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

'Why' is easy and IMO super obvious.

• The Chiefs and Bills are linked by not only their recent history as top AFC teams, but also are each other's most common playoff opponent in their franchise history.
  • We traded our #1 pick to them and they got one of the best players in NFL history with that pick.
  • We traded our most recent #1 pick to them and they got a player some Bills fans like at a position we were also hunting for
  • We picked a WR that many Bills fans were led to believe is an inferior player due to a few metrics than the Chiefs plays excels at
  • They have got the best of us in 3 recent playoff games
  • Many Bills fans believe the moves the Chiefs make are automatically better than the moves the Bills make, and therefore the WR they picked is better than the WR we picked shortly thereafter

I really don't think any of this needed to be written though, it seems very obvious to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

• The Chiefs and Bills are linked by not only their recent history as top AFC teams, but also are each other's most common playoff opponent in their franchise history.
  • We traded our #1 pick to them and they got one of the best players in NFL history with that pick.
  • We traded our most recent #1 pick to them and they got a player some Bills fans like at a position we were also hunting for
  • We picked a WR that many Bills fans were led to believe is an inferior player due to a few metrics than the Chiefs plays excels at
  • Many Bills fans believe the moves the Chiefs make are automatically better than the moves the Bills make, and therefore the WR they picked is better than the WR we picked shortly thereafter

I really don't think any of this needed to be written though, it seems very obvious to me.

We picked up that pick at 3 which was Ray Davis if I got my facts straight. So that kind of levels out the trade IMHO.

31 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Literally none of this has anything to do with Worthy and the Bills.  We clearly didn’t want Worthy…and if we don’t take him, Chiefs almost certainly still get him.

You are just holding on to a non story because you have KC PTSD.  In other words, in your mind the correct move was the Bills to take a player they didn’t want and wasn’t a good fit just so KC doesn’t get him basically.  Because UNLESS we did that there was NOTHING else to insure the Chiefs didn’t draft Worthy.  

So again, who cares.  Coleman has had one of the best camps of any rookie of any position in the league. 

But hey, keep fixating on a player we passed on who made no sense for the needs of our team that has already been hurt in camp and has already been utterly destroyed at the LOS by his own teammate rather than guy we took who has already put up one of the best camps in the league and scoring rave reviews from on lookers, staff, media, and players.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Literally none of this has anything to do with Worthy and the Bills.  We clearly didn’t want Worthy…and if we don’t take him, Chiefs almost certainly still get him.

You are just holding on to a non story because you have KC PTSD.  In other words, in your mind the correct move was the Bills to take a player they didn’t want and wasn’t a good fit just so KC doesn’t get him basically.  Because UNLESS we did that there was NOTHING else to insure the Chiefs didn’t draft Worthy.  

So again, who cares.  Coleman has had one of the best camps of any rookie of any position in the league.  And our trade back also allows us to get Ray Davis, also having a strong camp, and further trading back 1 spots then also netted us a potential future starter at Center.  

But hey, keep fixating on a player we passed on who made no sense for the needs of our team that has already been hurt in camp and has already been utterly destroyed at the LOS by his own teammate rather than guy we took who has already put up one of the best camps in the league and scoring rave reviews from on lookers, staff, media, and players.  

I think it’s mostly because we are out of Keon Coleman is slow jokes 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

We picked up that pick at 3 which was Ray Davis if I got my facts straight. So that kind of levels out the trade IMHO.

DT Carter was the 3rd rounder.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So again, who cares.  Coleman has had one of the best camps of any rookie of any position in the league.  And our trade back also allows us to get Ray Davis, also having a strong camp, and further trading back 1 spots then also netted us a potential future starter at Center.  

My guy I think Keon is better than Worthy. I've got no PTSD lol.

But even saying that, it's super obvious to me that it would be human nature for people to feel that way.

I think you get it, but you're acting like you don't to make some weird contrarian point. IMO

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1