Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

6 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'll say it again....I wasn't thrilled with the pick, and i'm still not...worthy to KC.  KC has fast guys who you have to scheme open already....and if you are getting another one, he better be a damn skilled route runner and separator...I don't see it in Worthy....would have preferred Coleman myself.  

Adonai Mitchell was the player you guys needed.  Hell, the player any team could have used.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

This reminds me of a Vince Lombardi quote (paraphrasing)

Coach these guys are tough! They get knocked down, they get back up, they get knocked down, they get back up. 

Lombardi says...Get me the guys who are knocking them down on my team!

Classic! 

we did exactly that. Worthy is a knockdown’ee……Coleman is the knockdown’er

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

I agree with this but then again, none of those WRs played with Mahomes and Reid.  He has a pretty good chance to be a playmaker that teams will have to account for

Other WRs HAVE played with Mahomes and Reid, with plenty not panning out.  Reid isn't some WR whisperer and Mahomes doesn't turn every WR he throws to into All Pros overnight.  The recent narratives have been how they've been successful despite having a poor WR room that somehow wasn't magically elevated by Mahomes/Reid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Other WRs HAVE played with Mahomes and Reid, with plenty not panning out.  Reid isn't some WR whisperer and Mahomes doesn't turn every WR he throws to into All Pros overnight.  The recent narratives have been how they've been successful despite having a poor WR room that somehow wasn't magically elevated by Mahomes/Reid.

Other “WRs” have- yes.  That wasn’t your original statement that I replied to.  How many 4.2 WRs have played with Mahomes and Reid?

I also don’t think that he has to become the 2nd 4.2 WR to have a 1000 yard season to not be a bust-  win a Super Bowl after making a few big plays along the way

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Other “WRs” have- yes.  That wasn’t your original statement that I replied to.  How many 4.2 WRs have played with Mahomes and Reid?

I also don’t think that he has to become the 2nd 4.2 WR to have a 1000 yard season to not be a bust-  win a Super Bowl after making a few big plays along the way

Tyreek is the real outlier in terms of mahomes success and speed.  Mecole Hardman would be the 3rd fastest (Tyreek obviously great and Worthy a ?) at 4.33 and he really didnt do much.  Sky moore as 4.41 has really done much. Toney hasnt done much with his time either.  Byron pringle was 4.46.  He got a bit of juice out of watkins but thats pretty far down the list now.  

rashee rice 4.51 has had more success than all those burners.  juju got a big contract after playing with mahomes and he aint a burner.  Kelce is a burner for TE but is another big body weapon.  Mahomes really seems to get more out of bigger weapons, probably a reason why they have gone to heavier sets.

I do agree he doesnt need to have a 1000 yard season to not be a bust. 

13 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Brown also had an extra 15-20 pounds on Worthy to go along with a solid release package. 

Exactly! and I have no idea how this turns out, but seems like he is gonna be a 1 trick deep threat if he can release at the line... 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Honestly - different styles but similar WR rooms with regards to proven talent.  

Brown and Samuel are pretty similar.  

Rice and Shakir as primary slot options.  Skyy moore was in shakirs draft class and seems to have been replaced by Rice in the lineup.  

Coleman and worthy - same draft class, but different play styles

Watson and Hollins - Big dudes who also play special teams

Moore/Toney/Hardman vs. Claypool/Hamler/MVS 

2 hours ago, JP51 said:

Exactly! and I have no idea how this turns out, but seems like he is gonna be a 1 trick deep threat if he can release at the line... 

Tank Dell has a slightly smaller frame than Worthy and did great last year as a rookie. Not saying Worthy will light it up but it’s too early to make any presumptions. Every receiver has a bad highlight especially as a rookie in their first training camp. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Tank Dell has a slightly smaller frame than Worthy and did great last year as a rookie. Not saying Worthy will light it up but it’s too early to make any presumptions. Every receiver has a bad highlight especially as a rookie in their first training camp. 

Definitely a funny clip. But Worthy was very high for me, so was Tank Dell. Did not want him going to KC.

We’ll see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Definitely a funny clip. But Worthy was very high for me, so was Tank Dell. Did not want him going to KC.

We’ll see what happens. 

For sure. I got a chuckle out of it. Worthy seems to be a better fit for KC than here imo. They have their middle of the field guys in Kelce and Rice. Worthy and Brown would open up that middle of field for them. 

15 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Tank Dell is absolutely thicker.

Dell and Worthy.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tank Dell is absolutely thicker.

Dell and Worthy.jpg

He’s listed as 5’8 165 so not sure how much thicker that is. Regardless most comments in this thread already determined he’s a bust based on that one play. 

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

He’s listed as 5’8 165 so not sure how much thicker that is. Regardless most comments in this thread already determined he’s a bust based on that one play. 

Worthy is listed as 5'11" 165 so i would say considerably thicker.  Being overly simplistic Dell is 2.43 lbs per inch and Worthy is 2.32 lbs per inch.  Dell is almost 5% more dense.  For additional comparison Coleman is 2.84 lbs per inch.  

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

He is 3 inches taller than Tank Dell.  His extra weight is in length while Tank is more stout, you can see it in the photos.  Tank is built like a tank while Worthy is pretty scrawny.  I'm 165 lbs right now and I'm thicker than he is.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He is 3 inches taller than Tank Dell.  His extra weight is in length while Tank is more stout, you can see it in the photos.  Tank is built like a tank while Worthy is pretty scrawny.  I'm 165 lbs right now and I'm thicker than he is.

Honestly, Worthy does not look 5’11 to me. He looks 5’10 on tippy toes. I’ve heard in an interview during the combine that he intentionally lost 10lbs to get a faster time. That combine pic you posted is a really scrawny kid. Let’s see how he does in games. We’re not even in preseason games yet so I’ll reserve judgment on him as well as Coleman and other rookies. 

Worthy was smaller than the lady who interviewed him after his record-breaking 40. It was that moment that confirmed to me that I did not want Beane to draft him.

xavier-worthy.webp.da21be62c1b1455bd8e02d8079852f5a.webp