Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'll say it again....I wasn't thrilled with the pick, and i'm still not...worthy to KC.  KC has fast guys who you have to scheme open already....and if you are getting another one, he better be a damn skilled route runner and separator...I don't see it in Worthy....would have preferred Coleman myself.  

Interesting take👍

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

This video warms my soul. Practice or not, no NFL player should be ragged dolled that way.

It is almost comical, I bet he is getting abused for it by his teammates.  He would never survive in the bump and run era of the NFL.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It is almost comical, I bet he is getting abused for it by his teammates.  He would never survive in the bump and run era of the NFL.

On the flip side, outside of Green and Deion there wouldn’t be a cb or safety who could’ve kept up with him, not even close 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Just like Mecole Hardman!

Hill is built and thick. He’s fast as all hell but he doesn’t get pushed around either because he’s strong. Worthy just looked like I would trying to run through an NFL practice. I weigh 15 pounds more than Worthy to put that in perspective 

Sneed gave Hill the business on at least one rep in the AFC playoffs. After the game when the tape was going around, Hill laughed and said something like “he chucked me all the way to Cancun.” And that’s a guy who has Worthy’s speed but outweighs him considerably. Worthy will have to figure out some things on the professional level, no doubt. Of course it’s far too early to write him off, but for Bills fans sakes, I hope he’s a bust. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Just like Mecole Hardman!

Hill is built and thick. He’s fast as all hell but he doesn’t get pushed around either because he’s strong. Worthy just looked like I would trying to run through an NFL practice. I weigh 15 pounds more than Worthy to put that in perspective 

You also weigh 15 more lbs than desean jackson.  Another small and skinny burner Reid coached.  Different results there.  If worthy turns out to be Hardman, that would be a fail for the player- but if he makes big plays in the playoffs and helps them win super bowls, it ain’t so bad.

46 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

There's a reason you can count with your thumbs how many 4.2 speed receivers have 1000 yard seasons.  They tend to be small and a liability in physical coverage.

I agree with this but then again, none of those WRs played with Mahomes and Reid.  He has a pretty good chance to be a playmaker that teams will have to account for

1 hour ago, Allen2Moulds said:

This video warms my soul. Practice or not, no NFL player should be ragged dolled that way.

Tyreek Hill against Snead in last year’s playoffs game says hi. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

On the flip side, outside of Green and Deion there wouldn’t be a cb or safety who could’ve kept up with him, not even close 

True.  Speed has obvious advantages but if you cant run precise routes or cut quickly, zones can negate speed or Marquise Goodwin who had a very good career would have been something special.  Goodwin was 10? lbs heavier than Worthy.   Marquise was a quality person they way her took care of his sister, I dont even know if hes is still in the league.

Before there was Xavier Worthy there was John Ross, all-time fastest 40 at the combine.

After watching his career seemingly come to an end due to injuries, the Eagles took a cheap FA flyer on him after the draft.

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-wr-john-ross-on-returning-to-football-the-day-i-retired-i-knew-it-was-a-mistake

I wouldn't have drafted Worthy, but I really like this move. In fact, I'd probably wager that he makes the Eagles and contributes more than Worthy does to the Chiefs. At a minimum, more value for what he cost in terms of dollars and draft capital.

• Haha (+1) 2

Worthy to me is a third round WR talent who vaulted to the first round because of a spectacular 40 time.  That has rarely worked out.  He will likely make some plays, but I certainly do not see him as a highly utilized or particularly productive WR in the long run.  Gadget guy with terrible size.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Chiefs will come up with ways to get him in motion so he doesn't get jammed at the line. Kind of like Hill in Miami.

Still though...a high pick if he just ends up being a burner and not a well rounded WR. He seems like he has a high chance of becoming another Andy Isabella.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

You'd have to feel a little concerned about this, right?

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He reminds me a lot of Tank Dell of the Houston Texans who is 5'10", 165 pounds.  He was hurt last year in a short-yardage run play, he is, IMO, just too small for the NFL.

Also reminiscent of Bryce Young at QB, for a #1 pick in the draft you don't go for a guy 5 ' 10" and 204 pounds.  The Texans got the break of a lifetime when the Panthers didn't pick CJ Stroud.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Amazing video, almost comical.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think you are spot on, he is likely nothing more than a speedy gadget player, lets just wait to see when he take a live-action hit in the NFL.  Should have been a 3rd or 4th rounder, would love to know where the Bills had him slotted.

Yes I know it is WAY too early blah blah blah but it looks like the Bills hit on Colemand and the size risk to worthy is undeniable.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

37 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Worthy to me is a third round WR talent who vaulted to the first round because of a spectacular 40 time.  That has rarely worked out.  He will likely make some plays, but I certainly do not see him as a highly utilized or particularly productive WR in the long run.  Gadget guy with terrible size.  

37 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Rapp is going to decapitate him on a tackle and eat a suspension for it, mark my words.

I just cannot believe how incompetent the KC front office must be to have traded up to draft this obvious bust.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JP51 said:

jury still out but that tape didnt look good... if he cant beat press and he cant catch the balls over the middle and in traffic for fear of being decapitated that leaves him severely limited in scope for an offense... I mean I cant even see him in a gadget role running a reverse because more often than not he is gonna get hit unless he just bails.... maybe he improves, scheme helps etc and he becomes great but at this point I dont see him being the pick for me... I liked Smoke.. but it was a very similar situation he wasnt gonna do much more than go deep and play sidelines... 

Brown also had an extra 15-20 pounds on Worthy to go along with a solid release package. 

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I laughed when I saw the video of Worthy getting tossed around but I feel Andy Reid probably told his defense to rough him up. 

Tonight, they're all going to sneak into his dorm room with bars of soap slung in hand towels.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I laughed when I saw the video of Worthy getting tossed around but I feel Andy Reid probably told his defense to rough him up. 

This reminds me of a Vince Lombardi quote (paraphrasing)

Coach these guys are tough! They get knocked down, they get back up, they get knocked down, they get back up. 

Lombardi says...Get me the guys who are knocking them down on my team!

Classic!