Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Chiefs will come up with ways to get him in motion so he doesn't get jammed at the line. Kind of like Hill in Miami.

Still though...a high pick if he just ends up being a burner and not a well rounded WR. He seems like he has a high chance of becoming another Andy Isabella.

His size is going to be his downfall if anything.

Listed at 165.  That's small for a kicker.

Hill is THICK.  Dude is not the slender toothpick Worthy is.   I'd be worried Worthy will 1, get knocked on the line frequently and 2, wont be anything close to a + blocker on the edge or slot.  He will need to be VERY good in motion and creating separation to be more than a gadget guy like Mecole Hardman.

I will say, I have seen nothing but positives around Coleman since the draft.  I hope that continues.  I actually forgot about Worthy... which I dont mind

• Like (+1) 1

I'll say it again....I wasn't thrilled with the pick, and i'm still not...worthy to KC.  KC has fast guys who you have to scheme open already....and if you are getting another one, he better be a damn skilled route runner and separator...I don't see it in Worthy....would have preferred Coleman myself.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cray51 said:

Hill is THICK.  Dude is not the slender toothpick Worthy is.   I'd be worried Worthy will 1, get knocked on the line frequently and 2, wont be anything close to a + blocker on the edge or slot.  He will need to be VERY good in motion and creating separation to be more than a gadget guy like Mecole Hardman.

I will say, I have seen nothing but positives around Coleman since the draft.  I hope that continues.  I actually forgot about Worthy... which I dont mind

He reminds me a lot of Tank Dell of the Houston Texans who is 5'10", 165 pounds.  He was hurt last year in a short-yardage run play, he is, IMO, just too small for the NFL.

Also reminiscent of Bryce Young at QB, for a #1 pick in the draft you don't go for a guy 5 ' 10" and 204 pounds.  The Texans got the break of a lifetime when the Panthers didn't pick CJ Stroud.

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He reminds me a lot of Tank Dell of the Houston Texans who is 5'10", 165 pounds.  He was hurt last year in a short-yardage run play, he is, IMO, just too small for the NFL.

Also reminiscent of Bryce Young at QB, for a #1 pick in the draft you don't go for a guy 5 ' 10" and 204 pounds.  The Texans got the break of a lifetime when the Panthers didn't pick CJ Stroud.

Devonta smith is also pretty trim, listed at 170.  Rumor is that he's put on some muscle mass though.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Chiefs will come up with ways to get him in motion so he doesn't get jammed at the line. Kind of like Hill in Miami.

Still though...a high pick if he just ends up being a burner and not a well rounded WR. He seems like he has a high chance of becoming another Andy Isabella.

Hill is not a good comp, Hill is a tank and very strong, he is just short.  Worthy is a stick figure, they are not at all the same players or frames.  The only similarity is they both run fast, but it stops there. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah- Reid will likely get the most out of him.  He’ll be a player as long as he stays healthy imo

Just like Mecole Hardman!

Hill is built and thick. He’s fast as all hell but he doesn’t get pushed around either because he’s strong. Worthy just looked like I would trying to run through an NFL practice. I weigh 15 pounds more than Worthy to put that in perspective 

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

This seems like unnecessary roughness I think will draw a flag.

You can't just knock receivers to the ground

Well he got abused on the press, and was insanely off balance and within a yard or two of the LOS.  I don't even think the guy hit him that hard, no helmet to helmet, just looks worse because he was leaning forward so much to try and get momentum.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Within 5 yards of the LoS you can absolutely chuck them to the ground.

Chiefs fans on Twitter are hand waving it away saying they'll get him in motion so he won't have to deal with press. But it's hard to justify a WR in the 1st round if he can't consistently beat press IMO. If the plan is for him to just be basically a gadget WR with vertical traits, his ceiling will be pretty limited. With that frame he'll need to have a solid release plan or he's gonna get used to hitting the turf.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

This seems like unnecessary roughness I think will draw a flag.

Are you serious?  There is no unnecessary roughness, WRs get pushed all the time and there are no flags unless the ball is headed toward them and is catchable.

The fact that Worthy is so small and weak he gets pushed around like a pinball underscores he is likely just too small for the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Within 5 yards of the LoS you can absolutely chuck them to the ground.

Chiefs fans on Twitter are hand waving it away saying they'll get him in motion so he won't have to deal with press. But it's hard to justify a WR in the 1st round if he can't consistently beat press IMO. If the plan is for him to just be basically a gadget WR with vertical traits, his ceiling will be pretty limited. With that frame he'll need to have a solid release plan or he's gonna get used to hitting the turf.

I think you are spot on, he is likely nothing more than a speedy gadget player, lets just wait to see when he take a live-action hit in the NFL.  Should have been a 3rd or 4th rounder, would love to know where the Bills had him slotted.

Yes I know it is WAY too early blah blah blah but it looks like the Bills hit on Colemand and the size risk to worthy is undeniable.

• Haha (+1) 1

jury still out but that tape didnt look good... if he cant beat press and he cant catch the balls over the middle and in traffic for fear of being decapitated that leaves him severely limited in scope for an offense... I mean I cant even see him in a gadget role running a reverse because more often than not he is gonna get hit unless he just bails.... maybe he improves, scheme helps etc and he becomes great but at this point I dont see him being the pick for me... I liked Smoke.. but it was a very similar situation he wasnt gonna do much more than go deep and play sidelines...