Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think Beane is very good, but his big contracts of late haven’t panned out.

-Hopefully Von has a big year, but so far, we’re 0-2 with him giving us what we paid for with bad luck.  Credit to Beane & Von for reworking the deal though. 

-Same with Knox.  Paid him for his potential, which due to issues out of our control (injury/tragic loss of his brother) we haven’t really seen returns on.  Hopefully he becomes the guy we paid this year as the talent is there & credit to both Beane/Knox for also reworking the deal. 

-Diggs.  I don’t fault him, but we paid him, and then it became toxic.  We’re now paying for a WR1 that’s not even on the team this year.   Getting a 2 back for him was a good move and salvaged what he could of the situation. 

Beane has also handed out some great contracts and his draft classes of late, especially with Elam’s growth, look absolutely phenomenal. 

This is Beane's last several years in a nutshell.  At the time he re-signed Tre White, it looked like a no brainer and a fair deal.  Then, just when it looked as though White might be himself, another serious injury.  Von Miller looked like an exciting "splash" FA signing that might get us over the top.  He looked the part, then bam, injury.  Milano, we were thrilled to re-sign him - again, major injury. 

Injuries are pretty random, in my (and I think most people's) opinions and I believe White and Miller were both NCIs,

Diggs is the real mystery - did his performance fall off that much?  Was his behavior in the locker room toxic?  Did he and Allen need a divorce?

I think Beane has done pretty well with the hand he's been dealt, but he has gotten some bad hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

This is Beane's last several years in a nutshell.  At the time he re-signed Tre White, it looked like a no brainer and a fair deal.  Then, just when it looked as though White might be himself, another serious injury.  Von Miller looked like an exciting "splash" FA signing that might get us over the top.  He looked the part, then bam, injury.  Milano, we were thrilled to re-sign him - again, major injury. 

Injuries are pretty random, in my (and I think most people's) opinions and I believe White and Miller were both NCIs,

Diggs is the real mystery - did his performance fall off that much?  Was his behavior in the locker room toxic?  Did he and Allen need a divorce?

I think Beane has done pretty well with the hand he's been dealt, but he has gotten some bad hands.

Do you think that they have done enough to provide weapons to Josh Allen? Obviously, I for one don't.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Avisan said:

You are citing some random fantasy football website's opinion as the basis of your claim?

You asked for a citation, I provided one.  This opinion was not the basis for mine, it was outside confirmation.

It really doesn't seem controversial to me, this is a rough year for Beane.  Can you provide any citation to the contrary?

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You asked for a citation, I provided one.  This opinion was not the basis for mine, it was outside confirmation.

It really doesn't seem controversial to me, this is a rough year for Beane.  Can you provide any citation to the contrary?

We really need to start playing some football games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/3/2024 at 2:14 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Do you think that they have done enough to provide weapons to Josh Allen? Obviously, I for one don't.

I think I have a pretty good stack of receipts on this: No, I do not think they've done enough to provide weapons to Josh Allen.  I think they should have been drafting WR higher long before they did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/3/2024 at 1:14 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I’m not 💯happy with our WR right now, but I feel that I could change my mind about that come playoff time.  

i think that they neglected the position early on in Josh’s career but I also think that he’s added 5 potentially very good-great playmakers over the last 3 off seasons.  The books on Kincaid, Keon, Shakir, Samuel, Cook and Davis are still in chapter 1 and 2.  Samuel being the outlier in his 8th season…..but in his defense, he’s had straight garbage throwing him the ball his entire career.  He never had a chance to flourish before.  Enter Josh Allen