Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Oh no!!!!!

It arrived July 21!!

Don’t know if shown - all the passes not thrown at Worthy and the ones that were incomplete.  

At least a couple of things missing from that play, though... pads, for starters...

I know there are people on here who think we should have gotten Worthy instead of Coleman. But I couldn't disagree more. We needed bigger, more aggressive, and tougher receivers. We needed bullies. That's who we went after. That's who Coleman is. That is very much not what Worthy is.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not going to act like worthy isn't going to do good things for KC. 

We aren’t going to beat them in the playoffs with or without him; so might as well get an extra 4th

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

At least a couple of things missing from that play, though... pads, for starters...

I know there are people on here who think we should have gotten Worthy instead of Coleman. But I couldn't disagree more. We needed bigger, more aggressive, and tougher receivers. We needed bullies. That's who we went after. That's who Coleman is. That is very much not what Worthy is.

More importantly they got Coleman plus Dwayne Carter.  

I can't wait to see carter in the preseason

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think of it this way, I wouldn’t want Worthy as a Bill going up against the Chiefs DB’s in the playoffs. 

Time will tell how he turns out. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I saw that play and about barfed.  This thing is being hyped up as some great play.  It's not.  Worthy makes the same route running error MVS kept making over and over last year...instead of running away from the inside safety, Worthy runs INTO the coverage....if he turns to the outside, he's wide open and the safety (Bryan Cook) is complete toast.  No.  Instead he runs toward Cook and gives him a chance to recover and defend the pass.  This is being hyped because it happend to work out, in a practice environment.  MVS could run fast too, but if you can't read the defense right and run the right way...it doesn't help that much to be super fast.  

I hope this gets better.  Ugh.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I saw that play and about barfed.  This thing is being hyped up as some great play.  It's not.  Worthy makes the same route running error MVS kept making over and over last year...instead of running away from the inside safety, Worthy runs INTO the coverage....if he turns to the outside, he's wide open and the safety (Bryan Cook) is complete toast.  No.  Instead he runs toward Cook and gives him a chance to recover and defend the pass.  This is being hyped because it happend to work out, in a practice environment.  MVS could run fast too, but if you can't read the defense right and run the right way...it doesn't help that much to be super fast.  

Heck of a throw, though...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Yeah, I’m eager to see him take a hit in 20mg below.  

He definitely landed in the ideal spot though. He’ll be pretty dam good if he can stay healthy 

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

My requirement for selecting a WR in this past draft was either elite speed or elite size. I would have been happy with Worthy or Coleman. I think Beane saw it similarly too, hence the trading back and being happy with whoever was left. 

I am kinda in your camp here... is Worthy Tyreek, or Marquise Goodwin, Is Coleman James Hardy or DK... time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not really worried about a play like that. The way teams play the Bills and Chiefs takes that play away usually. It isn’t going to be bombs away now that the Chiefs have somebody fast.

Worthy will need to show he can get RAC on short passes, and burn CBs on intermediate routes (like Hill does).

16 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Yeah the DB looked to have slowed up a lot looking back for the ball, against someone who plays that better that's broken up or considerably worse.

3 hours ago, JP51 said:

I am kinda in your camp here... is Worthy Tyreek, or Marquise Goodwin, Is Coleman James Hardy or DK... time will tell. 

DK has competed in track events so Coleman aint that but I get your point.  Im thinking Nico Collins as a comparator.  Coleman is a bit shorter (1") but has comparable 10 yard split (Coleman faster) and similar 20 yard split (Coleman 0.05 slower).  Coleman has a bit more explosiveness (no agilities but shuttle was Nico's worse). 

3 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

DK has competed in track events so Coleman aint that but I get your point.  Im thinking Nico Collins as a comparator.  Coleman is a bit shorter (1") but has comparable 10 yard split (Coleman faster) and similar 20 yard split (Coleman 0.05 slower).  Coleman has a bit more explosiveness (no agilities but shuttle was Nico's worse). 

Yeah, I get that and maybe Nico is the guy he becomes like... time will play this out.  But hey, its almost camp and all we got is speculation LOL... 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

passing on him...fine whatever. 

Not taking another WR right after Coleman is what I'm still mildly annoyed by.  Troy Franklin or Adonai Mitchell would have made this summer more fun IMO 

I was surprised Mitchell wasn’t the pick instead of Coleman.  He must have REALLY rubbed teams the wrong way in the pre-draft process.  Talent wise, he should have gone much earlier.   Coleman appears to be a guy you want in your team and he has some talent, I’m hoping for a Michael Thomas type of thing from him, without the Michael Thomas experience on the personal side lol.

17 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I was surprised Mitchell wasn’t the pick instead of Coleman.  He must have REALLY rubbed teams the wrong way in the pre-draft process.  Talent wise, he should have gone much earlier.   Coleman appears to be a guy you want in your team and he has some talent, I’m hoping for a Michael Thomas type of thing from him, without the Michael Thomas experience on the personal side lol.

Apparently he has diabetes and doesn’t manage it well/doesn’t take it seriously. That was the rumor anyway.

A lot of teams passed on him when he should have been a mid-1st round pick based on talent and production. So something was up there to fall like that.

• Like (+1) 1