Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I haven't looked at this thread in a long time, but I keep seeing it at the top of the thread list. So I popped in to see what in the world people could still be saying about Worthy at this point and now I can't remember which message board I'm on.

Ha…I didn’t start this angle and came late to the thread.  I joined in when there was a discussion on him buying a home vs putting the money in an index fund…and its just continued here and there which has been an interesting and cordial chat, more so than the typical bickering in other threads about our WRs.  I’ve also been a long proponent of young people coming into early money like athletes, celebs, etc to put some of that into long term real estate holdings to both preserve and grow that money vs blowing it on cars, gaudy massive homes they don’t need, their entourage, jewelry, etc. 

And Worthy seems to already be headed down the road of bad financial decisions based on his TikTok videos where young money spends the money like it will never stop instead of treating it like it may be short lived and spending wisely.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

It is amazing how many threads derail, and how passionate posters get about what the hell ever the thread devolved into…, 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

All this financial advice and not one poster on here has a TikTok showing off their spread of $1 bills. Like I'm gonna trust any of you without video proof.

My favorite post of the week hahahaha Nice Work!

44 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It is amazing how many threads derail, and how passionate posters get about what the hell ever the thread devolved into…, 

Part of the fun and magic of a message board...although I would say this didn't really derail, it was more new info about Worthy was introduced into a thread about Worthy that sparked another angle of conversation.  Not sure if you saw what started the convo, but it was the TiKTok video of Worthy flashing stacks of cash and making it rain along with massive gaudy blinged out jewelry.  So that combined with the fact he was renting in the original story sparked a convo on how they should handle their finances and living as rookies.  

So at least there was a cause for the side convo that related to the original subject matter here of Worthy and was totally cordial the whole time :)   But yes, plenty of other threads always go off the rails and usually into worse subjects and usually with a lot of bickering and low brow posting lol

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

If Coleman is pretty good and Carter is outstanding then next year the bills take another wr in the 1st or 2nd round will fans still be mad?

Carter looks like he has unbelievable strength and may make a bigger mark on a bunch of games this year than coleman.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

If Coleman is pretty good and Carter is outstanding then next year the bills take another wr in the 1st or 2nd round will fans still be mad?

Carter looks like he has unbelievable strength and may make a bigger mark on a bunch of games this year than coleman.  

And Claypool is killing it in OTA’s. This might turn out to be the best WR room in the league. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Just joined the convo.... really odd.

Wish no rookie ill will. It's bad juju.

Near as I can tell, this thread seems to be about wishing a rookie sound financial advice?

On 5/6/2024 at 4:38 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

I am more interested in seeing how he stands up to the LOS bumping and aggressive tackling of NFL DBs. Does his body hold up? Will he keep holding on to the ball after hits?

I didn't wish injury on anyone of course but the small frame will be an issue. I think he will still make a few highlight plays, hopefully not against us

They will use him motion which both tells their offense if it he is in man coverage and makes it really hard to jam the release.

Also that motion opens the door on jet sweeps or just the horizontal displacement of the defense allowing someone like Kelce to find all the soft spots to sit.

We should be familiar with it as it is Miami's bread & butter for their speedsters.

There is that durability factor that those smaller guys with lighter frames. They don't tend to hold up over a full season. The outlier being the Cheetah who has a stockier build and has been pretty durable.

7 minutes ago, WideNine said:

They will use him motion which both tells their offense if it he is in man coverage and makes it really hard to jam the release

Plus not many teams/CBs even play press coverage. It’s basically a non-issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Billl said:

I don't know if I would say it is completely dead as everything in the NFL tends to be a cyclical chess match.

There was certainly a shift to more 2 and 3-deep zone play and playing off receivers keeping everything in front of you, but that may be changing too

Cosell goes into that a bit in this article.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/05/23/greg-cosell-nfl-press-coverage-ljarius-sneed-a-j-terrell-joey-porter-jr/73815502007/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Billl said:

I don’t think it’s a non issue. But having another speedster on the other side is going to help Worthy to get off the line. Also Reid’s play calling will be significant for his success. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not going to act like worthy isn't going to do good things for KC. 

Come on now, that's not the proper TSW spirit.  

More emotion.  

:D 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Oh no!!!!!

It arrived July 21!!

Don’t know if shown - all the passes not thrown at Worthy and the ones that were incomplete.  

Toney lined up Offside. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3