Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 12:43 PM, GoBills808 said:

who is they

Frankly, everyone knows who “they” are…,

”They” are the owner and the guy he hired to run the team,  maybe that’s just me,

Edited by Don Otreply

On 5/2/2024 at 11:29 AM, Jauronimo said:

Some jackass asked TG to "go tell [ESPN personality] to STFU!".  The other CHUDS joined in.  That was his last day.

Wawrow was less and less active but there was one final thread where JW defended himself and his profession against a bunch of dudes who insisted he had no inside information or access to the team and that better information was shared more quickly on Twitter.  Much like TG, he said he no longer gets any enjoyment out of participating on the board.

From the way Wawrow comes across on X, it seems he gets very little enjoyment period. 

On 6/7/2024 at 12:20 PM, Doc said:

I think they want to see what Josh can do without high-priced receivers and to see what he can do with the receivers and the scheme he's given.  We'll find out.

Maybe they can cut the entire starting offense and replace them with street free agents … ya know, to see what Josh can do 😂

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Without?? List all of the "high priced receivers" Josh has had other than The Helmet Tossing, Sideline Shouting Predictable Bad Ending Diggs?

With a highly-paid QB, having more than 1 highly-paid WR isn't feasible.  And you used to believe that WRs didn't matter ("someone has to catch those passes.").

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Frankly, everyone knows who “they” are…,

”They” are the owner and the guy he hired to run the team,  maybe that’s just me,

Based on what?  When has Terry gone cheap with the Bills, or even the Sabres (despite their struggles)?

32 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Maybe they can cut the entire starting offense and replace them with street free agents … ya know, to see what Josh can do 😂

Send them a suggestion.

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 1:44 PM, Doc said:

With a highly-paid QB, having more than 1 highly-paid WR isn't feasible.  And you used to believe that WRs didn't matter ("someone has to catch those passes.").

Based on what?  When has Terry gone cheap with the Bills, or even the Sabres (despite their struggles)?

Send them a suggestion.

I don't like the WR room, but the massive cap hit entailed in trading Diggs significantly ties their hands for 2024. I don't get the sense Pegula is averse to spending on the Bills, though maybe the cost overruns on the stadium are creating a temporary money crunch, I dunno.

I do think there's a pretty good possibility the Sabres have been operating with an internal cap in recent years. The rumor is TP met with KA and his hockey guys to talk about some money implications to proposed splash moves this off-season. If that is true, it would mean he is now ready to spend more lavishly on the Sabres. A signal might be if they buy out Jeff Skinner, which may or may not be a good idea, but would probably be needed if they want to bring in a big fish.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He was acting like a jerk, to be fair... nobody "chased him away" because if you're an AP reporter you just don't pack up your toys and go home because somebody said something you didn't like.

How was he a jerk?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Send them a suggestion.

You claimed the Bills want to see how Josh does without a high priced WR, when he only has ever had a single one.  It’s a strange point to make therefore.  

that someone or other  will catch those passes is self evident, but not on point. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You claimed the Bills want to see how Josh does without a high priced WR, when he only has ever had a single one.  It’s a strange point to make therefore.  

that someone or other  will catch those passes is self evident, but not on point. 

Yes he's had one.  Now he'll have zero.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes he's had one.  Now he'll have zero.

again, a point not worth making. 

Also, he was making do without a legit functioning WR1 for much of the season (Diggs was kept around  for one season too long).  Plus,  Mahomes has been able to get by without a superstar WR

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Send them a suggestion.

I didn’t say Terry went cheap, I said who “They “ are, 

they = the decision makers, just sayin…, 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

again, a point not worth making. 

Also, he was making do without a legit functioning WR1 for much of the season (Diggs was kept around  for one season too long).  Plus,  Mahomes has been able to get by without a superstar WR

The point I was making was they want to see how Josh does without any high-priced WR.  I guess I should have clarified that to make it easier.

And Diggs under Dorsey was on-pace for almost 1,500 yards.  Then after Brady took over his production dropped.  I'm not sure if that was because of natural decline, which is hard to predict, or he was being phased-out and he realized it and made a stink.  I guess we'll find out.  Oh and Mahomes has a superstar TE.

46 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I didn’t say Terry went cheap, I said who “They “ are, 

they = the decision makers, just sayin…, 

Terry's the owner.

Edited by Doc

16 hours ago, Doc said:

The point I was making was they want to see how Josh does without any high-priced WR.  I guess I should have clarified that to make it easier.

And Diggs under Dorsey was on-pace for almost 1,500 yards.  Then after Brady took over his production dropped.  I'm not sure if that was because of natural decline, which is hard to predict, or he was being phased-out and he realized it and made a stink.  I guess we'll find out.  Oh and Mahomes has a superstar TE.

Terry's the owner.

superstar TE, for sure.  So what?  That’s a fraction of targets.

you live the “on pace” stat.  It’s nonsense of course.

In fact, Diggs was in clear decline through the season.  This inescapable future is tough for any aging player, but particularly for a emotionally labile guy like Diggs, who spent his career knocking on the door of superstardom, with 2 of the most proliferative passers in the game throwing him passes …but he couldn’t cross that threshold.

his meltdown was predictable for some…

17 hours ago, Doc said:

There's some lack of perspective on this discussion.  

It's not so much the price, there are several reasonably priced WRs in the league, for a few years at least.  The rookies that come in and perform aren't high-priced, for several years.  Look at what Minny got from Jefferson.  Chase, waffle, St. Brown, Nacua, Place, Wilson as examples. 

But if you don't draft them.  And now we go for a WR like Coleman with limitations.  

Sometimes you create your own problems.  These are failures and issues of the front office.  Aka, it's not simply the price in terms of dollars.  

We could have drafted Jefferson instead of trading for Diggs and immediate big money.  Instead, we accepted known risks that played out.  There should be little surprise.  

A lot is going to come out in the wash this season.  

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In fact, Diggs was in clear decline through the season.  

Nonsense. 

Dorsey didn't have, as one example, Diggs regularly running crossing routes at line of scrimmage.  

Hell be fine in Houston.  His resurgence will be a "miracle."  I mean how does one otherwise regain the "step that he lost "

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am no Terry Pegula fan. His run with the Sabres is historically bad in the big 4 leagues in the US. He is arguably the worst owner in NHL history. 

But I am very slow to point the finger at him to the Bills and/or the Bills WR room. For whatever reason(s) I think McBeane have done a good job at walling him out of football decisions. The NFL prints money and the team has been about as close to a championship as one can hope. I think there are zero financial chains around OBD at the moment. 

What happens after the Josh Allen era is TBD. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

superstar TE, for sure.  So what?  That’s a fraction of targets.

you live the “on pace” stat.  It’s nonsense of course.

In fact, Diggs was in clear decline through the season.  This inescapable future is tough for any aging player, but particularly for a emotionally labile guy like Diggs, who spent his career knocking on the door of superstardom, with 2 of the most proliferative passers in the game throwing him passes …but he couldn’t cross that threshold.

his meltdown was predictable for some…

A fraction of targets?  LOL!  Kelce averages about 145 targets a season.  That's superstar WR territory.

And hey, maybe it's just total coincidence that Diggs' production fell-off after an OC change was made.  Like I said, we'll find out.

And yes, I'm sure you've been waiting to whip out the "meltdown" thing for years now.  I just find it funny you slam him for it and then love (or loved) a guy like Antonio Brown.  Very on-brand for you.

7 hours ago, PBF81 said:

There's some lack of perspective on this discussion.  

It's not so much the price, there are several reasonably priced WRs in the league, for a few years at least.  The rookies that come in and perform aren't high-priced, for several years.  Look at what Minny got from Jefferson.  Chase, waffle, St. Brown, Nacua, Place, Wilson as examples. 

But if you don't draft them.  And now we go for a WR like Coleman with limitations.  

Sometimes you create your own problems.  These are failures and issues of the front office.  Aka, it's not simply the price in terms of dollars.  

We could have drafted Jefferson instead of trading for Diggs and immediate big money.  Instead, we accepted known risks that played out.  There should be little surprise.  

A lot is going to come out in the wash this season.  

Nonsense. 

Dorsey didn't have, as one example, Diggs regularly running crossing routes at line of scrimmage.  

Hell be fine in Houston.  His resurgence will be a "miracle."  I mean how does one otherwise regain the "step that he lost "

“nonsense" is the fairy tale that Brady deep six’s Diggs season when he became OC.

i agree with your response to doc though 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

A fraction of targets?  LOL!  Kelce averages about 145 targets a season.  That's superstar WR territory.

And hey, maybe it's just total coincidence that Diggs' production fell-off after an OC change was made.  Like I said, we'll find out.

And yes, I'm sure you've been waiting to whip out the "meltdown" thing for years now.  I just find it funny you slam him for it and then love (or loved) a guy like Antonio Brown.  Very on-brand for you.

come on doc, Diggs’s attitude problems were understood in Minny.  That the Bills got fed up with him was therefore predictable.  It’s not even debatable.  It all happened, as we saw.  Why wouldn’t I bring it up—it’s hardly a take.

Kelce had had 121 targets last year.  Super Bowl hoisted. Kincaid just showed up and got 91.

”loved” AB? lol. Anyway, no one-ever-confused Diggs for AB on the field. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

“nonsense" is the fairy tale that Brady deep six’s Diggs season when he became OC.

i agree with your response to doc though 

Well, it'll certainly be interesting if he gets that step back in Houston this season.  LOL  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

come on doc, Diggs’s attitude problems were understood in Minny.  That the Bills got fed up with him was therefore predictable.  It’s not even debatable.  It all happened, as we saw.  Why wouldn’t I bring it up—it’s hardly a take.

Kelce had had 121 targets last year.  Super Bowl hoisted. Kincaid just showed up and got 91.

”loved” AB? lol. Anyway, no one-ever-confused Diggs for AB on the field. 

A WR with attitude problems is hardly a new thing.  How many of the top WRs over the past few years have changed teams?  It's a non-point.  The Bills may have gotten the best remaining years out of him.  We'll see.

Kelce had 121 targets in 15 games.  That's 8 targets a game.  Pretty hefty for a TE who is basically their superstar WR.  It will be interesting to see what they do once he retires.