Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The board has a search function.  But to hand hold you, Graham was doing his usual holier than though half informed “journalist” schtick along with some other dolts trying to pin down Beane during a presser about Araiza.  It wasn’t working so he had to revert to crap.  Naturally he had no issues with it.  He cited a “direct quote” from Araiza which was nothing of the sort.  It was actually a quote from the complainant’s attorney characterizing a conversation the police supposedly had with Araiza.  The question was something along the lines of how Beane could justify waiting for the truth to come out when there was a direct quote from Araiza incriminating himself.   It was a blatant lie and he is completely unprofessional.

Next you’ll ask me for a link right?  Then a time stamp.  Then a voice print?  Then?????

What ever his motivation or conduct was, don't make claims without providing your source or evidence. 

I am concerned that without the influence of Kim the Bills might have a more financial focused view.  I felt Kim liked the attention of the Bills community and enjoyed bringing a winner to the area.  For Terry and the new one Laura that might not be the case (I would have preferred a larger role for Jessica).

The first test may have been bringing in a top tier WR.  It would have taken a large guarantee and a large upfront signing bonus - the things teams that are flush with cash do.  Instead it looks like the Bills are going to take the cap hit and do a reset, they're going to see how it goes on one of the lowest salaried offensive playmaking units in the NFL.

• Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I am concerned that without the influence of Kim the Bills might have a more financial focused view.  I felt Kim liked the attention of the Bills community and enjoyed bringing a winner to the area.  For Terry and the new one Laura that might not be the case (I would have preferred a larger role for Jessica).

The first test may have been bringing in a top tier WR.  It would have taken a large guarantee and a large upfront signing bonus - the things teams that are flush with cash do.  Instead it looks like the Bills are going to take the cap hit and do a reset, they're going to see how it goes on one of the lowest salaried offensive playmaking units in the NFL.

A puppy with a chew toy…

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think they want to see what Josh can do without high-priced receivers and to see what he can do with the receivers and the scheme he's given.  We'll find out.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think they want to see what Josh can do without high-priced receivers and to see what he can do with the receivers and the scheme he's given.  We'll find out.

But why is my question.  A very inexpensive RB room (someone in another thread said it was the lowest), now going to be coupled with one of the lowest priced WR rooms.  Where do they want to allocate the resources (aside from one of many teams that pay QB)?  What is the plan?

And who exactly is "they'?  Do you think Beane did this on his own or was he directed/under budget constraints from above?

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

who is they

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Why would you say that?

42 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But why is my question.  A very inexpensive RB room (someone in another thread said it was the lowest), now going to be coupled with one of the lowest priced WR rooms.  Where do they want to allocate the resources (aside from one of many teams that pay QB)?  What is the plan?

And who exactly is "they'?  Do you think Beane did this on his own or was he directed/under budget constraints from above?

The plan is to get out of Cap hell and hopefully not get in it again any time soon.  

• Agree 3

45 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

See last quoted post.

39 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

who is they

McBeane.

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The plan is to get out of Cap hell and hopefully not get in it again any time soon.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ve now seen a few owners reportedly doing the same. 

I was coming here to post this.  We often get squirrelly on this board and Sabrespace any time “ownership woes” come up. It looks to me like successful, responsible organizations are considering similar moves. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marlton Bills said:

I was coming here to post this.  We often get squirrelly on this board and Sabrespace any time “ownership woes” come up. It looks to me like successful, responsible organizations are considering similar moves. 

Things are tough all over.  

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Must have misread I thought you meant ownership for some reason 

Seems like you'd run something this drastic by ownership.  But I would think it would be the other way around.  Beane would have presented what it would take - cash wise -to put through a plan or the different options available.  

22 hours ago, Marlton Bills said:

Owners have been selling minority interests in their teams for years, so this is nothing new. Remember when Serena and Venus Williams bought a small stake in the Dolphins? And it’s gonna be more prevalent once private equity firms are allowed by the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/2/2024 at 2:57 PM, Marlton Bills said:

Do football teams get a step up in cost basis?  If so It would make sense to give her just a small amount now and let her (and/or the others) inherit. 

I'm sure there are a posse of very well paid tax lawyers that have the Pegula's estate and inheritance plans well laid out.  According to an article I read written at the time of Ralph's death, his basis in the Bills was stepped up.

On 6/6/2024 at 7:59 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Graham ran himself off, got his knickers in bunches

I miss JW posting on here. The fact that an Associated Press member would give us info on here was outstanding…. Then the jerks chased him away. 

• Disagree 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:20 PM, Doc said:

Without?? List all of the "high priced receivers" Josh has had other than The Helmet Tossing, Sideline Shouting Predictable Bad Ending Diggs?

42 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I miss JW posting on here. The fact that an Associated Press member would give us info on here was outstanding…. Then the jerks chased him away. 

How will we ever know if players were copping to giving 110% in postgame interviews, or what Howard Milstein was up to buying all that property in Niagara Falls (to buy and put the Bills there of course!)??

52 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

He was acting like a jerk, to be fair... nobody "chased him away" because if you're an AP reporter you just don't pack up your toys and go home because somebody said something you didn't like.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.