The Reliable Mainstream Media vs. The Alternative Scum

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

So what is the right wing echo sphere's excuse?

mr. both ways just like your handle.

Not sure what’s considered the right wing echo sphere… But if you’re referring to FOX News, they are controlled by similar masters as all msm as well…They are just less woke, and less about blatant identity politics…

But because the are Establishment, I can’t trust them either…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Not sure what’s considered the right wing echo sphere… But if you’re referring to FOX News, they are controlled by similar masters as all msm as well…They are just less woke, and less about blatant identity politics…

But because the are Establishment, I can’t trust them either…

Town hall media for example note at the bottom of the page all the sub brands. P.e. This is a spin off of the heritage foundation.

or polymarket owned by theil (Nate silvers boss)

or X by leon

And Sinclair that owns 200+ or so tv and radio stations and their “must run segments”

or rumble   (Which also hosts “truth Social’ (side bar bet it is soon to be bought by X and rolled in) ‘Rumble is an online video platform, web hosting, and cloud services business[4][5] headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, with its U.S. headquarters in Longboat Key, Florida. It was founded in 2013 by Chris Pavlovski, a Macedonian Canadian technology entrepreneur. Rumble's cloud services business hosts Truth Social, and the video platform is popular among American conservative and far-right users. Rumble has been described as "alt-tech".’

And we haven’t even scratched the surface of the (many indicted for spreading Russian propaganda) social media and podcasting echo sphere.

and then there is the Babylon Bee one Mr. b-Man gets pained to post (conjecture, I bet he wishes he did for all his posts) that is a “right wing onion” 

but other than those Mrs Lincoln how did you like the play?

4 hours ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

I know you are worked up into a bit of an orange lather right now, but I haven’t said a word about Trump. That’s all you. Trump being a complete buffoon is a separate matter from your gal’ issues. I don’t understand why you can’t just say it as it is but would rather continue with Joe is mentally fit and Kamala is a fine speaker. Seems weird. I guess that’s what partisan politics does to a person.

Pure off the cuff genius.

No reason to edit this transcript 

Edited by Starr-Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:
59 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Town hall media for example note at the bottom of the page all the sub brands. P.e. This is a spin off of the heritage foundation.

or X by leon

And Sinclair that owns 200+ or so tv and radio stations and their “must run segments”

or rumble   (Which also hosts “truth Social’ (side bar bet it is soon to be bought by X and rolled in) ‘Rumble is an online video platform, web hosting, and cloud services business[4][5] headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, with its U.S. headquarters in Longboat Key, Florida. It was founded in 2013 by Chris Pavlovski, a Macedonian Canadian technology entrepreneur. Rumble's cloud services business hosts Truth Social, and the video platform is popular among American conservative and far-right users. Rumble has been described as "alt-tech".’

And we haven’t even scratched the surface of the (many indicted for spreading Russian propaganda) social media and podcasting echo sphere.

and then there is the Babylon Bee one Mr. b-Man gets pained to post (conjecture, I bet he wishes he did for all his posts) that is a “right wing onion” 

And don’t forget the right wing NYT!

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

or X by leon

but other than those Mrs Lincoln how did you like the play?

Pure off the cuff genius.

No reason to edit this transcript 

I’ll take your word for all the things you listed with exception of X and Rumble, which are simply town squares that allow for free speech on all sides…

Now, Rumble may have turned into a place where most Right wingers go, but that was simply a result of them being censored on other platforms that Left wingers never had to worry about being censored from…

Now the interesting thing about Rumble is that it has become mostly right wing by choice- not by force, like Left wing platforms…Meaning, if you’re Left wing, you can go into Rumble and spout whatever you want- Lefties just “choose” not to, because they run most platforms…But conservatives do not have the same freedom on Left wing platforms as Left wingers do on “right wing” (free speech) platforms…

Google, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok were already Left wing companies that turned into Left wing echo chambers because of all their censorship of conservative ideology…If they just allowed for free speech, Rumble would never have become “a thing”…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ll take your word for all the things you listed with exception of X and Rumble, which are simply town squares that allow for free speech on all sides…

Now, Rumble may have turned into a place where most Right wingers go, but that was simply a result of them being censored on other platforms that Left wingers never had to worry about being censored from…

Now the interesting thing about Rumble is that it has become mostly right wing by choice- not by force, like Left wing platforms…Meaning, if you’re Left wing, you can go into Rumble and spout whatever you want- Lefties just “choose” not to, because they run most platforms…But conservatives do not have the same freedom on Left wing platforms as Left wingers do on “right wing” (free speech) platforms…

Google, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok were already Left wing companies that turned into Left wing echo chambers because of all their censorship of conservative ideology…If they just allowed for free speech, Rumble would never have become “a thing”…👍

“Town square” huh. Open and public forum. 🧐

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

“Town square” huh. Open and public forum. 🧐

If you’re referring to the Trump campaign docs, that were leaked, on potential VP candidates, and in particular, JD Vance, Musk made it clear why that info was banned…

According to Musk, the materials contained Vance’s home address, as well as his social security number..If it didn’t, Musk said there would be no issue with the material being posted…

That sounds pretty fair to me…👍

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Comparing a $25,000 Chevy Trax to a $2 million Bugatti is disingenuous but not surprising coming from "Lol look at my boobs tee hee" libertarian chick

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Comparing a $25,000 Chevy Trax to a $2 million Bugatti is disingenuous but not surprising coming from "Lol look at my boobs tee hee" libertarian chick

Do you believe most people finance $500k+ cars like normal people do? They don't use auto loans, they might get financing but  it will be a personal loan at a greatly reduced rate. The person most helped by it will be the person who has poor credit and is trying to squeeze every cent from their budget.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Do you believe most people finance $500k+ cars like normal people do? They don't use auto loans, they might get financing but  it will be a personal loan at a greatly reduced rate. The person most helped by it will be the person who has poor credit and is trying to squeeze every cent from their budget.

Wouldn't this simply incentivize financing the cars, then? 

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Wouldn't this simply incentivize financing the cars, then? 

To low information people yes. The federal government used to allow people to deduct their credit card interest from their taxes but one of the reasons they don't anymore is it encouraged the stupid to pay $1000 in interest payment to save $250 on taxes. To ensure I am being clear, no one received any real benefit from the $1000, except the credit card company, but people still saw it as a benefit.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You lean toward a vision of a car-less citizenry, if I recall correctly? 

Less car-dependent. There is absolutely a subsection of planners who envision a completely carless world. This is not a possibility. 

I like multi-modal roads over superhighways.