The Reliable Mainstream Media vs. The Alternative Scum

Compare how the New York Times covered Hurricane Katrina (red) vs. Hurricane Helene (blue).

Katrina: 12 consecutive days of full-page coverage on A1. All-caps banner headlines. Countless articles about the failures of the Bush administration.

Helene: Seven days of minor coverage on A1 (none at all on day two). Mostly just photo captions referencing articles on page A12 or A19. Zero mentions of any potential failures on the part of the Biden-Harris administration.

Still think there's no media bias?

• Angry 1

We've had some epic comical takes in PPP...

By all accounts...

Lost a bit off his fastball..

Biden is mentally fit..

Biden doesn't lie, he just makes stuff up...

But nothing tops the title of this thread authored by middle school english teacher Finding Qanon.

It really should be pinned.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I will clarify his lie. The news stations are running an ad that is factually a lie to support a Democrat cause. The ad says that current law will not allow an abortion to save mothers life, which is a lie, and those claiming it know it is a lie. But it does show where his side lands on free speech, if liberals lie it is allowed but if a conservative person has a different opinion then we cut it off. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I will clarify his lie. The news stations are running an ad that is factually a lie to support a Democrat cause. The ad says that current law will not allow an abortion to save mothers life, which is a lie, and those claiming it know it is a lie. But it does show where his side lands on free speech, if liberals lie it is allowed but if a conservative person has a different opinion then we cut it off. 

As a matter of practice most political ads take liberties with the truth. I assume the rules governing political ads differ from say, the truth and accuracy requirements for sellers making a claim about the virtues of their product. Domestic political propaganda during an election cycle has always been with us. I expect the Florida DoH has no standing to bring criminal charges against the TV station as those powers typically belong to the Department of Justice equivalent in the State. Nor do they regulate broadcasters. But lies are lies except when told in politics where its just a standard business practice.

The candidate's ads tell us how great they are because they'll protect the interests of citizens, the opposition tells us they're in league with Satan. Typically, neither is true. My approach, to avoid hearing and seeing consistent lies, mute the volume or turn off the TV when these ads appear.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The biggest rage poster this side of L Ron tells someone else to "cope and seethe."

The friggin iron law baby. Beautiful. 

Well some of us are passionate patriots who love the country and its inhabitants. 

• Vomit 1