The Reliable Mainstream Media vs. The Alternative Scum

Some actual reporting, as in a reporter (from the dreaded mainstream media) making calls, visiting sites, talking to people, looking up public records. You know, the stuff that will now be fodder for all the Hot Take Machines that get quoted here, disparaging the MSM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/14/us/politics/trump-gunman-thomas-crooks.html

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I guess he'll meet you in hell.

Pretty cool flag, I have to admit it. Doesn't mean anything, but cool tangle.

So you know who’s headed for hell? You really have lost all sense of reality. You belong in a mental institution. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Some actual reporting, as in a reporter (from the dreaded mainstream media) making calls, visiting sites, talking to people, looking up public records. You know, the stuff that will now be fodder for all the Hot Take Machines that get quoted here, disparaging the MSM.

Do you realize a fair chunk of this board’s railing on the MSM the last couple months has been with your clueless attachment of “reliable” in describing them? I notice you didn’t include that word in this post. 

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Do you realize a fair chunk of this board’s railing on the MSM the last couple months has been with your clueless attachment of “reliable” in describing them? I notice you didn’t include that word in this post. 

What isn't "reliable" in the linked story?

I know people ridicule MSM headlines. (Note that the reporter doesn't write the headline.) And yes, there's an editorial bias.

But some reports are straight news. And the NYT and other major sources still have rules: do the digging, corroborate/fact check, etc. We actually saw that with the Wash Post Alito flag story - they looked into it a couple years ago, couldn't really find any clear link between the Justice and the decision to fly that flag, and they didn't run anything at the time.

Who is Julie Kelly's editor?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Only frankie does hollywood reich knows what Alternative media scum is.  Let him cook.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What isn't "reliable" in the linked story?

I know people ridicule MSM headlines. (Note that the reporter doesn't write the headline.) And yes, there's an editorial bias.

But some reports are straight news. And the NYT and other major sources still have rules: do the digging, corroborate/fact check, etc. We actually saw that with the Wash Post Alito flag story - they looked into it a couple years ago, couldn't really find any clear link between the Justice and the decision to fly that flag, and they didn't run anything at the time.

Who is Julie Kelly's editor?

Look everyone, here’s a reliable article from the NYT!

Everyone gets a straight news story right more often than not. BFD. That’s their job. As a partisan, you appear unable to notice when the “reliable” straight news takes on a strong blue tint - reliably so. It’s what had the straight news stories trying to convince people (and succeeding with you) that Biden was mentally fit right up until the debate. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Look everyone, here’s a reliable article from the NYT!

Everyone gets a straight news story right more often than not. BFD. That’s their job. As a partisan, you appear unable to notice when the “reliable” straight news takes on a strong blue tint - reliably so. It’s what had the straight news stories trying to convince people (and succeeding with you) that Biden was mentally fit right up until the debate. 

Go back to you Julie Kelly feed. Julie is always 100% fact-checked by her editors.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Go back to you Julie Kelly feed. Julie is always 100% fact-checked by her editors.

She’s a helluva lot more reliable than the lame stream media. My condolences you’re not bright enough to tell the difference.

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

That hurts. This is a time for healing. 

I’m not really a JK fan but thank you anyway. 

You have great faith in the 4th estate. Good for you. 

You know where you're getting your news now?

From the MSM. They're actually reporting it.

But you get it through the filter of some blowhard on social media, which apparently makes you and your ilk some kind of rebel truth-tellers.

To me it makes you a lazy ass.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You know where you're getting your news now?

From the MSM. They're actually reporting it.

But you get it through the filter of some blowhard on social media, which apparently makes you and your ilk some kind of rebel truth-tellers.

To me it makes you a lazy ass.

Seems like you are getting a little testy banging that reliable MSM drum. Nobody is telling you not to lap up the reliable journalists telling you what you want to hear. Are they the ones responsible for your “Biden is mentally fit” thoughts? If not, how in the hell did you arrive there as recently as four weeks ago?

Do you really know where I get my news? Rhetorical question. 

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Do you really know where I get my news? Rhetorical question. 

Given your rather, umm, frenetic activity here lately (check the leading posters this month), I've gotta assume you get your news from only the best source: the only guy ahead of you on the leaderboard.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Given your rather, umm, frenetic activity here lately (check the leading posters this month), I've gotta assume you get your news from only the best source: the only guy ahead of you on the leaderboard.

I’m bored. Apologies to all for the excessive posts. They have reached frenetic level and that is unacceptable. A special thanks to Frankish who took a moment out of his posting day to check the scoreboard. 

edit - I only know how to view the posting frequency in a single thread. Very disappointed to find myself behind Frankish in this one. Something to strive for. Can anyone send a pm and tell me how to see the overall posting numbers?

Edited by JDHillFan

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Are you trying to argue the MSM was more accurate yesterday? At 740 pm yesterday on the radio NBC was still running the idea that a loud noise was what prompted the Trump reaction. Through Twitter my son had already seen the video of the shots around 7 pm. Let this concept die the MSM is hot garbage, it can be fixed but it is a long way from it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1