22 hours ago, Westside said:

This thread has not aged well. Lol

😂 

Looks like the “other side” ran out of gas…😉

They forgot that the mainstream media is a gift that keeps on giving…🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Richard Wagner, the notoriously anti-Semitic German composer?  Or, Jiffy Pop Wagner, Corn’s younger brother? 

greetings . I think to myself when I read in PPP the bottom line is the topics in general  are soooo Dramatic and as I've mentioned soap opera esque. You will forgive me if I read here with so much sheer snark and Laughter amigo. Because to do otherwise just makes me depressed.

You know I am a cup half full kind of person. The rhetoric bantered here is BEYOND theater to me.

I unlike all you politicos am almost at a loss of words.

we cannot possibly be as ***** up as what I read here. Lord have mercy.

STYLE? that is not even cute to say is it?  Was he sporting dementia chic or something?

lmao see what I mean?

I'll see myself out

🙂

Edited by muppy

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

greetings . I think to myself when I read in PPP the bottom line is the topics in general  are soooo Dramatic and as I've mentioned soap opera esque. You will forgive me if I read here with so much sheer snark and Laughter amigo. Because to do otherwise just makes me depressed.

You know I am a cup half full kind of person. The rhetoric bantered here is BEYOND theater to me.

I unlike all you politicos am almost at a loss of words.

we cannot possibly be as ***** up as what I read here. Lord have mercy.

STYLE? that is not even cute to say is it?  Was he sporting dementia chic or something?

lmao see what I mean?

I'll see myself out

🙂

Well, the Times article is a puff piece, an opinion offered to sell a product and just represents one person (or maybe a small group of people) thoughts on the matters of the day.   Beethoven. Vvvvahgner. And obviously, Marty Scorsese.

If you can’t laugh at such silliness, or at least mock a bit, what’s the point?  In fact, if we’re just making **** up, why not run with Biden’s style being like Mick Jagger, Van Halen (following the German theme, Wolfe, not Eddie) and Pink from Pink Floyd? 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, the Times article is a puff piece, an opinion offered to sell a product and just represents one person (or maybe a small group of people) thoughts on the matters of the day.   Beethoven. Vvvvahgner. And obviously, Marty Scorsese.

If you can’t laugh at such silliness, or at least mock a bit, what’s the point?  In fact, if we’re just making **** up, why not run with Biden’s style being like Mick Jagger, Van Halen (following the German theme, Wolfe, not Eddie) and Pink from Pink Floyd? 

I'm GLAD it is to be taken lightly. For some of us it isn't that obvious it is a joke though just saying.  Such media as that I only see here and it to me was striking that's all. 

it could have been ANY analogy the creator of that piece would choose. The fact is and remains  (I'm pretty sure about this) that my thoughts regarding politics in general come from a place of distrust and fear. Humor is stress relief.

The political climate is Nasty. It's bad Both ways. I am equally appalled at our countries political climate.

so there 🙂

16 minutes ago, muppy said:

I'm GLAD it is to be taken lightly. For some of us it isn't that obvious it is a joke though just saying.  Such media as that I only see here and it to me was striking that's all. 

it could have been ANY analogy the creator of that piece would choose. The fact is and remains  (I'm pretty sure about this) that my thoughts regarding politics in general come from a place of distrust and fear. Humor is stress relief.

The political climate is Nasty. It's bad Both ways. I am equally appalled at our countries political climate.

so there 🙂

It’s bad, but that’s because the theory of a free and independent press is largely a myth.  We have a commercial, agenda-driven media, with circular reporting and leveraging the notion of deeply embedded and anonymous sourcing.

That’s only going to change if citizens push back on the type of nonsense we’ve seen with regard to coverage of Biden’s cognitive health over the past few years.  For all the bashing of Fox News—some well deserved—-the MSM is at times quite horrible. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s bad, but that’s because the theory of a free and independent press is largely a myth.  We have a commercial, agenda-driven media, with circular reporting and leveraging the notion of deeply embedded and anonymous sourcing.

That’s only going to change if citizens push back on the type of nonsense we’ve seen with regard to coverage of Biden’s cognitive health over the past few years.  For all the bashing of Fox News—some well deserved—-the MSM is at times quite horrible. 

this is a great post Leo. Which is why I value your thoughts.  and we have fruitful discussions. for me anyway. 🙂 Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

For anyone who remains skeptical or unconvinced about our reliable MSM I'd like to ask:

If they can outright lie and obfuscate at worst, mislead at best, about the mental health of our POTUS who holds the most powerful office in the world.. 

Then what wouldn't they lie about?

Where do you suppose the line would be drawn?

What's a bridge too far for them?