Trump Documents Case: Cannon has DISMISSED. Violation of Appointments Clause

7 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I have no idea what Judge Cannon has to do with Biden. 

I think we can refer to her now as "future Supreme Court Justice" Cannon, don't you?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

51 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Is he referring to himself, because this would make him look like a ***** idiot, ridiculousness of the decision to dismiss aside the reason she gave wasn't based on the case but on the Special Counsel. This would be like if he claimed victory if the courthouse suddenly sank into the swamp with both sides inside thus ending the case tragically, would he be right that he wasn't found guilty, technically sure.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Msm and their fascist parrots are off the rails. 

Lefties are losing it. 

It also means the other cases would move ahead of it, and they're right they can just take him to trial again they don't actually need to use a special counsel if they don't want, it's what they should do to insulate it from the administration, but if the Supreme Court has determined they're not allowed. 🤷‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Is he referring to himself, because this would make him look like a ***** idiot, ridiculousness of the decision to dismiss aside the reason she gave wasn't based on the case but on the Special Counsel. This would be like if he claimed victory if the courthouse suddenly sank into the swamp with both sides inside thus ending the case tragically, would he be right that he wasn't found guilty, technically sure.

It also means the other cases would move ahead of it, and they're right they can just take him to trial again they don't actually need to use a special counsel if they don't want, it's what they should do to insulate it from the administration, but if the Supreme Court has determined they're not allowed. 🤷‍♂️

Your msm narrative has some holes in it.  

But explains how the left will try to use every state asset available to keep corporate team blue in power 

18 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I think we can refer to her now as "future Supreme Court Justice" Cannon, don't you?

Sadly - at this point - you might not be off. 

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True.

As for the rest: we all have political biases, including judges. Maybe even more so for federal judges, who are appointed by the President, serve life terms, and are in many cases people who've been involved in political campaigns or at least partisan causes. So we know that.

I think I'm pretty fair as a lawyer (and for a long time, a federal government lawyer): I don't like advancing legal arguments that ignore the context of a law or the practical implications of a decision. I think that's a conservative value - unless there's a really damn good reason to upend a well-understood meaning of the law or a clause of the constitution, we should continue along the set path. That path set expectations, and people conformed (or should have conformed) their behavior to those expectations.

I respect that, and if all is fair across the board, so be it.  I can appreciate what you're saying, but only to the extent that fairness is the standard, not the exception.  In the political world, I'm sorry, but I'm less than convinced that there are not multiple fingers on the scale at any given point in time. 

When I hear an Andrew Cuomo state that the Bragg case was all about Trump, I have two questions:

1. Is he correct, is it purely political; and/or
  2. Is he just out to make bombastic claims to boost his brand;

Besides SC Justice Thomas thinking you're wrong, AC is an attorney too (or was), Frank, and I can't discount that.  There are others as well. 

If I was in a pinch, and you came riding with your dopey white hat, magistrate badge, bgi city lawyer clothes and shiny white patent leather boots, speaking about fairness and equity, great.  If, however, the opponent is a slippery rascal known for cutting corners, taking the short cut and breaking the rule but winning---I'm less about you and right is right, more concerned with a successful outcome consistent with how the game is played.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I have no idea what Judge Cannon has to do with Biden. 

The over-arching topic is rulings you don't agree with/I can't believe this is where our country is.

Trump Reacts to Documents Case Dismissal: 'END all Weaponization of our Justice System'

By Joe Cunningham

eaf4962e-0e3e-4f69-9467-b9e4f9a5b3bb-105

Former president Donald Trump has spoken out about the dismissal of the Mar-a-Lago classified documents case against him.

The Republican nominee, who is currently in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, for the Republican National Convention, sent a lengthy message via his account on Truth Social, sharing his thoughts on the dismissal and the government's continued prosecution against him.

Trump's message to his followers was simple: It's time for the multiple cases against him to end and for the country to unite.

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2024/07/15/trump-reacts-to-documents-case-dismissal-end-all-weaponization-of-our-justice-system-n2176886