Trump Documents Case: Cannon has DISMISSED. Violation of Appointments Clause

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Hardly.  Merchan actually made rulings and they were largely upheld.

they had to change the law to even bring the case to the courts.

what will the narrative be when that is also appealed and expunged?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Honestly, probably the best outcome for both parties.

This case wasn’t going to be heard before the election due to a Trump appointed judge.

This will allow SC to appeal to the 11th circuit who has been pretty critical of Cannon and I’m sure the SC will also request to recuse Cannon from the case.

I think, Shoes, shoes where’s my shoes

Walls closing in, lefty? 

***** ty policies and witch hunts are the Dems demise. Deal with it.

Just now, Pokebball said:

Merchan's rulings haven't even been challenged yet

He made pretrial rulings that were upheld.  That is what Cannon has been avoiding.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, stinky finger said:

Walls closing in, lefty? 

like every one of their agenda.  Do it fast without details, then run to the next thing.

the base will just accept it and the resulting backfire as some grand righty conspiracy.

its been the same Narrative over and over again for the last 5.  (at least)

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Tell that to the dude who died.

Doesn’t mean he’s a Dem. There’s plenty of reasons a Republican gun owner would shoot at Trump. Republicans don’t like pedophiles and a bunch of court documents released with Trump being named a pedo. 

Republicans like Project 2025 and Trump tried to disavow it.

theres plenty of reasons a Republican would be mad at Trump.

All of these are way too speculative.

He was unusual. A bullied introvert. Bright but incredibly socially awkward, and an easy target for high school bullies.

Disaffected, angry, heading down a loser path (why no college if he was smart?), finding some kind of solace in guns like so many other kids - an AR-15 as the great equalizer. I'm guessing we'll find out it started with an obsession with video games first-person shooters and then to the real thing. This is a sickness in society with teenage boys.

Looking for a target. Could have been his school like so many others. But why not something bigger.

Really, I think that's all there is here. Yes, I may be proved wrong, but I doubt it.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Walls closing in, lefty? 

Feel like Dems are doing pretty good.

Even with a disastrous debate and an assassination attempt, 538s algorithm still has Biden winning more than losing. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

When’s the last time the Republicans won a popular vote?

Midterms were a huge success for Dems.

I think the Dems will be just fine in Nov.

(Edit I should note 538 doesn’t take into account the assassination as no polls are out yet post attempt)

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Even with a disastrous debate and an assassination attempt, 538s algorithm still has Biden winning more than losing. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

It will be a bloodbath.  Bur not the literal kind and not in favor of your party. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He made pretrial rulings that were upheld.  That is what Cannon has been avoiding.

He denied a campaign finance expert from testifying, in a...wait for it...a campaign finance case. LOL

Edited by Pokebball
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It will be a bloodbath.  Bur not the literal kind and not in favor of your party. 

Its definitely not a cult.

Cultist leaders can get dementia and move on. the cult follows the dogma.  in this case its team blue.  The god is the state

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pokebball said:

He denied a campaign finance expert from testifying, in a...wait for it...a campaign finance charge. LOL

And then the "you just need 12 people to agree on different charges."  LOL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

He denied a campaign finance expert from testifying, in a...wait for it...a campaign finance case. LOL

No, he limited what the campaign finance expert to testify to.  This is not unusual.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

No, he limited what the campaign finance expert to testify to.  This is not unusual.

yeah, no talking about what is and what isn't a violation. We'll have none of that! LOL

14 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

(Edit I should note 538 doesn’t take into account the assassination as no polls are out yet post attempt)

Reaching Season 7 GIF by One Chicago

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

You all promised us lefties a blood bath in 2022.

Nothing is pointing to a bloodbath currently.

Keep hanging on that one.  Half your party still wants to replace him and the senility thing didn't just magically go away just because Trump was almost assassinated. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I guess Biden could just have the regular AG do it ...if we're just going to be ***** stupid about it. The special counsel was literally only to avoid potential perceived bias not that anyone cared, leave it to Cannon to dismiss the case that literally took place after he left office and lost the immunity this decision gave him.

The SC office(s) did nothing to quell the notion of bias, if anything, it exacerbated those feelings.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Doc said:

Keep hanging on that one.  Half your party still wants to replace him and the senility thing didn't just magically go away just because Trump was almost assassinated. 

Your candidate isn’t even projected to win by 538 right now against a senile geriatric. A chunk of your party are Never Trumpers.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Your candidate isn’t even projected to win by 538 right now against a senile geriatric. A chunk of your party are Never Trumpers.

What changed since Biden's disastrous debate to make you believe what 538 is selling?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The SC office(s) did nothing to quell the notion of bias, if anything, it exacerbated those feelings.  

That is probably true as a public opinion matter (and is obviously true as it relates to Republicans). 

But as a legal matter, the AG still had ultimate authority over Smith's decisions. He was a "special counsel," not the old "independent counsel."

The decision is flat wrong as a legal matter given how this has always been interpreted, until Clarence Thomas's opinion (not the majority) a couple weeks ago gave her cover to do this.

Another reason Thomas should have recused.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1