Free Gas in Rochester NY!

Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Well, I was driving down on Latta Road just a little while ago and I saw a free gas sign at Sunoco and saw advertisements for a "Citizens Bank" all over the place. I figured that there would be some kind of catch, like you'd have to sign up for a credit card or something. But no. I decided to go in line and I pulled in and they directed me to a pump, handed me a map (advertisement), a travel mug, and then the Citizens Bank worker asked me what grade i wanted. I am able to get up to $20 worth of gas, any grade. I chose the regular 87, because I always use it and then he filled my tank and even wiped off my windshield. He said, thank you for stopping by and told me to check out Citizens Bank sometime and I was out of there with a little more than a 1/2 tank of free gas, a travel mug, and a road map. Sweet deal!

They said that they are also doing it at 2499 East Henrietta Road.

<_<

which gas station is this? the only one i can think of in that area is a mobil

you'd come out with 2 drops of gas with the prices they charge

359270[/snapback]

I believe he said it was a Sunoco. But yeah, time was I could fill my Explorer's tank with 20 bucks' worth of gas. Now that doesn't even give me half a tank.

which gas station is this? the only one i can think of in that area is a mobil

you'd come out with 2 drops of gas with the prices they charge

359270[/snapback]

It was the Sunoco on the corner of Dewey and Latta Road in Greece and then the one on East Henrietta Road too.

And apparently, they stopped doing it at 12:30pm.

I believe he said it was a Sunoco.  But yeah, time was I could fill my Explorer's tank with 20 bucks' worth of gas.  Now that doesn't even give me half a tank.

359273[/snapback]

With the 87 grade gas, it was about 9.5 gallons of gas. <_<

It was the Sunoco on the corner of Dewey and Latta Road in Greece and then the one on East Henrietta Road too.

And apparently, they stopped doing it at 12:30pm.

359298[/snapback]

Jeeziz, you're right in my old stomping grounds...grew up on Beach Avenue in Charlotte.

Citizen's Bank did the same thing in Lancaster, NY at the Sunoco on the corner of William & Transit and also in Kenmore, NY. I only had to wait 20 minutes and got the same deal those of you in Rochester did. $20 worth of free gas, a travel mug and map but I also got 2 free tickets to Holland Speedway for the NASCAR Busch AutoPark 150. A $58.00 Value. Also got a bunch of coupons and a NASCAR sticker. Too bad I hate NASCAR. Citizen's Bank must have spent a truckload of cash on this promotion. It was even advertised on the radio. The line was at least a quarter mile long as I was coming back the other way at 12:15. I bet they turned away hundreds of people.

Citizen's Bank did the same thing in Lancaster, NY at the Sunoco on the corner of William & Transit and also in Kenmore, NY. I only had to wait 20 minutes and got the same deal those of you in Rochester did. $20 worth of free gas, a travel mug and map but I also got 2 free tickets to Holland Speedway for the NASCAR Busch AutoPark 150. A $58.00 Value. Also got a bunch of coupons and a NASCAR sticker. Too bad I hate NASCAR. Citizen's Bank must have spent a truckload of cash on this promotion. It was even advertised on the radio. The line was at least a quarter mile long as I was coming back the other way at 12:15. I bet they turned away hundreds of people.

359349[/snapback]

I got the Nascar Sticker too. Damn, you also got 2 free tickets to a NASCAR Busch race? That's sweet! They definitely had to spend a boatload of money on this promotion. I was reading that they did it all over NE too.

Jeeziz, you're right in my old stomping grounds...grew up on Beach Avenue in Charlotte.

359326[/snapback]

Well, I live right next to West Ridge Road AKA Route 104...across from the mall.

But i know exactly where Beach Ave is. Those are the big, expensive houses there. <_<