2023-24 NHL Playoffs

T&C

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

lol is this a real thing? LOL here is actual PROOF we kinda sorta knew what we were doing. But we let THOSE guys flee. Look how smart we are

what???

lol

silly argument. They poached the Sabres though . Don't you see that? So they are kinda sorta Sabres south? Mebbe?

Only real men play hockey in the cold outside frozen ponds yadda yadda yadda I get it. I just don't buy it.

Indoor hockey does Not suck. JMO

next we will see the beach volleyball champions are from Winnipeg.

• Haha (+1) 2

What a great series!

Seems like Edmonton just ran out of gas (or magic). Florida also found their game again. It was like the tables turned last night. Edmonton looked like the team with more pressure on them and Florida looked like they were playing more free.

It didn’t help Edmonton that McDavid was held off the score sheet the last 2 games. Honestly, I was expecting more of him last night. Credit to Florida though. They really shut him down. They took away his time/space every shift. But he still didn’t perform in game 7 like I expected him to.

Draisaitl was basically a no-show all series. That hurt edmonton too.

Just goes to show what a team sport hockey is. Even with the best player on the planet it wasn’t enough for Edmonton.

They don’t have the depth Florida does, or the balance through-out their lines. And edmonton made it worse by stacking their best players on one line, so Florida really just had to shut down the McDavid/Draisaitl line.

Man, as fun as it was watching that series, it made me feel like Buffalo is light years away from even thinking about a championship.

Buffalo’s overall defensive game is nowhere near playoff caliber, let alone championship caliber. Hopefully Lindy can help correct that, and Adams can make the right additions/subtractions to the team (because as they sit now, they aren’t good enough). 

First step is making the playoffs though. Then we can see how our guys perform in the playoffs and start to make adjustments (like Florida did). I don’t know that we have a GM anywhere near the level of Bill Zito though. Seems like every move he’s made has been the right one. Really impressive job he’s done.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Beautiful! 

yep, I have absolutely nothing against Reinhart. He was a class act while in Buffalo, and I have no issues with the way he left. He was open about wanting a long term deal in Buffalo for years, watched other young players get their long term deals while he kept getting bridge deals from each new GM. Then when a GM was finally willing to talk long term he was 1 year from UFA and informed the team he would be testing UFA, giving Buffalo plenty of time to trade him. I don’t blame him at all for the way things went down.

Nothing against Okposo either. He wasn’t the captain to get Buffalo over the hump but was still a good role model for the young kids and a great person on&off the ice. I didn’t like how he fueled the player/fan feud last season, and I wasn’t crazy about his comments after being traded to Florida. But neither are something I hold against him.

I was very happy to see Okposo, Reinhart and Rodriguez lift the Cup.

Eichel on the other hand… I definitely can’t say I was happy for him. lol

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

yep, I have absolutely nothing against Reinhart. He was a class act while in Buffalo, and I have no issues with the way he left. He was open about wanting a long term deal in Buffalo for years, watched other young players get their long term deals while he kept getting bridge deals from each new GM. Then when a GM was finally willing to talk long term he was 1 year from UFA and informed the team he would be testing UFA, giving Buffalo plenty of time to trade him. I don’t blame him at all for the way things went down.

Nothing against Okposo either. He wasn’t the captain to get Buffalo over the hump but was still a good role model for the young kids and a great person on&off the ice. I didn’t like how he fueled the player/fan feud last season, and I wasn’t crazy about his comments after being traded to Florida. But neither are something I hold against him.

I was very happy to see Okposo, Reinhart and Rodriguez lift the Cup.

Eichel on the other hand… I definitely can’t say I was happy for him. lol

I really like Montour, too. He’s a good one! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Can you imagine the insanity that would occur in Buffalo if the Sabres won the Cup?  

I've thought of that many times; Stanley Cup or Super Bowl. It would be an insane celebration, but I hope it would be a party and not like other cities with downtown fires and flipped-up cars. I don't know, though....there's a ton of pent-up frustration that will explode if the city ever gets a championship.

• Thank you (+1) 1