2023-24 NHL Playoffs

T&C

8 hours ago, US Egg said:

HALLELUJAH!!! GO OILERS!!!

…..I’m finally over my McDavid bitterness.

I wonder if Tim Murray is?

IMG_0127.jpeg.e021771b9c5a72d32ac45c7136b879b8.jpeg

It definitely still hurts thinking about that draft lottery loss. But I just have so much respect for McDavid that I can root for him to win the Cup (he deserves).

I also think the Edmonton fan base deserves it much more than Florida’s fan base.

They are such die-hard hockey fans and went through a decade+ of crap teams, so I’m happy for them that they’re finally having success.

But I’ll be happy for guys like Okposo, Reinhart and Paul Maurice if Florida wins. And I’ll be happy that Buffalo gets a 5th round pick for Okposo instead of a 7th.

lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

The almighty Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals....Giddy Up! 

There’s nothing quite like a game 7 Stanley Cup final. Both team’s backs against a wall and one win away from a Cup…

and this game 7 final has the potential to be a real classic. Two really good teams that each have multiple true star players and some really good depth pieces. Both teams have goalies who have gotten hot at times during the playoffs. It could be a real battle if Florida gets it together. Edmonton definitely has the momentum now but Florida’s playing at home and facing elimination for the first time. It’ll be interesting to see who rises to the occasion, on both teams.

McDavid alone makes this game a “can’t miss” watch.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I really don't care who wins I just want to see a good game. Game 7 of the SCF. The ultimate game 7. 

I was rooting for Florida at the beginning of the series but the way everything has unfolded it's kinda hard to not root for Edmonton now.  But agreed that at the end of the night I just want to see a great game.  It seems like this Stanley Cup Final has brought a lot of limelight back to the NHL which has been great to see. 

• Like (+1) 2

greetings OTW hockey fans

we all await tonight's game with much anticipation  and excitement. I wanted rats to fly in Edmonton. But the Oilers battled back. Game 7 in Florida tonight 💃🏿

HOLY COW neither of these teams are "losers" but one will be awarded the Lord Stanley Cup and the other despair tonight

It's great TV and great sport. What's not to like?

My prediction: It is Edmonton at the end holding the cup/ They are on as serious a roll as it gets. I think Florida is going down.

No rats needed for the hometown fans to throw in victory

It makes me sad but I honestly think the Panthers have blown their wad they're toast tonight. With a huge help from Connor McDavid

JMO 

Edited by muppy

5 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I was rooting for Florida at the beginning of the series but the way everything has unfolded it's kinda hard to not root for Edmonton now.  But agreed that at the end of the night I just want to see a great game.  It seems like this Stanley Cup Final has brought a lot of limelight back to the NHL which has been great to see. 

The only thing I would be critical about with the NHL is the scheduling. It's June 24th and they are still playing hockey. The draft is this Friday with FA on 7/1. Imagine the Super Bowl being played in May, or the World Series being played in December. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The only thing I would be critical about with the NHL is the scheduling. It's June 24th and they are still playing hockey. The draft is this Friday with FA on 7/1. Imagine the Super Bowl being played in May, or the World Series being played in December. 

Agree with you there!  And how did they not schedule around to have a potential Game 7 fall on a Friday or Saturday night?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Agree with you there!  And how did they not schedule around to have a potential Game 7 fall on a Friday or Saturday night?

The 2 days off between games is ridiculous. I get that Edmonton and Florida are far apart. But these professional athletes who are in shape. Plus, they fly on private planes not with the general public. They could have done it with one day off for travel.

• Like (+1) 1

As Rick Jeannerette would say, "Game 7, coming up in a moment!" 

ABC tv has a Spanish dub over the broadcast, not sure why. Is it just my tv? 

My gut tells me Florida puts it together tonight, but I am never right about predictions in sports. 

Ok, I figured out the Spanish language thing, though that announcers goal call was great! 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Panthers let Alanis Morissette sing the anthems? Dumb move! Edmonton is going to kill them now, lol! 

well senorita alanis so far has had negligible impact. Very evenly played period

1-1 tie.

So far so good. Fun watch 🙂

• Thank you (+1) 1