Marxist ELECTION INTERFERENCE "Trial" Commie Judge Merchan. Sentencing Delayed Until September.

Give the Devil the Benefit of Law': Political Prosecution of Trump Will Backfire on Democrats 

Amy Curtis

There is a fantastic scene in Robert Bolt's play 'A Man for All Seasons', about Saint Thomas More, where More explains to his future son-in-law William Roper about giving the devil the benefit of the law.

The exchange goes this way:

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!’

Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

William Roper: Yes, I’d cut down every law in England to do that!

Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned ‘round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man’s laws, not God’s! And if you cut them down, and you’re just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!

https://twitchy.com

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Give the Devil the Benefit of Law': Political Prosecution of Trump Will Backfire on Democrats 

Amy Curtis

There is a fantastic scene in Robert Bolt's play 'A Man for All Seasons', about Saint Thomas More, where More explains to his future son-in-law William Roper about giving the devil the benefit of the law.

The exchange goes this way:

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!’

Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

William Roper: Yes, I’d cut down every law in England to do that!

Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned ‘round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man’s laws, not God’s! And if you cut them down, and you’re just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!

https://twitchy.com

Trump = Thomas More.

I missed the part in A Man For All Seasons where the good saint banged the hooker and then filed false reimbursement claims with the King.

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Trump = Thomas More.

I missed the part in A Man For All Seasons where the good saint banged the hooker and then filed false reimbursement claims with the King.

You are missing a lot of things Frank.

As expected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

‘Democratic Principles and the Spirit of Free Institutions’

Democrats embrace their Inner-Putin

By Carl M. Cannon 

It’s the last Friday in May during an election year and whether Americans know it or not, they woke up this morning in a nation different than it was the day before.

A former U.S. president – and the Republican Party’s all-but-certain nominee for president this November – now stands convicted of vague crimes by a Democratic Party jury on charges brought by a Democratic Party prosecutor overseen by a plainly hostile Democratic Party judge.

Heretofore responsible conservatives are today openly calling for GOP prosecutors to respond to the Democrats’ “lawfare” by exacting retribution in legal venues friendly to their side. Presumably, that strategy would entail indicting prominent Democrats on criminal charges of some nature in an escalation meant to produce, well, it’s not clear what the endgame is here.

This much is obvious, at least to me: By bringing such a dubious criminal case against a former president, the Democrats have now openly criminalized public policy differences. This is a dangerous game. It hardly transfigures Trump into Nelson Mandela, an unwise comparison Trump likes to invoke himself. Liberals also bristle at a more current analogy with Trump as Alexei Navalny, the Russian opposition leader exiled, imprisoned, and murdered by Russian authorities on phony charges, presumably on orders from Vladimir Putin.

Democrats would say the comparison offends them because Navalny was a heroic figure and Donald Trump is a menace to society. This view is sincerely held, for sure. But I suspect something else makes Democrats uneasy: Deep down many of them know that they’ve weaponized the criminal justice system in a way that is unhealthy for a republic; that they’ve undermined their own plot line about “saving democracy”; and that in their zeal to get Trump, Democratic Party leaders and millions of rank-and-file Democrats alike have all indulged their inner Vladimir Putin.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2024/05/31/democratic_principles_and_the_spirit_of_free_institutions_151034.html

• Like (+1) 1