Dion Dawkins on Diggs trade

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I do not think there was any way the trade was made unless Josh agreed.

I’m sure Josh relented. But he most likely needed to be convinced. 

“We need volunteers, not hostages.” - Mike Tomlin

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

He may not have but he will soon. Father Time is undefeated.

I'm 65.  I take metformin off-label as a longevity aid, as well as a variety of other supplements.  I eat lots of fruits and veggies.  I practice TRE (time-restricting eating) and don't eat from 7pm to 7am.  I exercise 6 times/week.  I sleep 8 hours/night.  I meditate daily. 

I'm putting up the best fight I can but Father Time is still winning - I run slower than a 3-legged hippo and am probably less graceful.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Whatever the case.....he was virtually a non-factor down the stretch and we were winning games.  He's been a no-show in the playoffs most games. 

I loved him, but IMO it may help Josh become a better QB / leader 

This!

How do you justify an average salary to a #1 WR at 24 million per year who goes invisible in the playoffs? Against the KC Chiefs in that playoff game, 8 targets, 3 receptions for 21 yards and a fumble. 

The Chiefs had their best CB in L'Jarius Sneed on Digs in the first half of that playoff game and then they moved him to cover Kahil Shakir in the second half. By the way, who was the only player to catch a TD pass in the 2023 season against Sneed! 

Seriously, why would Brandon Beane take a 31-million-dollar cap hit to trade away the Buffalo Bills #1 WR if he was worth a darn? To me, this feels like the guy was a regular-season stat padder and would complain if he didn't see enough passes his way. 160 targets nearly every season in Buffalo too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Could be, and if so, Josh was happy to see him go, as well it means Diggs was bigger pain in the azs than we saw, and Josh had had enough of his drama 🎭

Josh and Stef had fallen out. Properly fallen out. In the latter part of the 2022 season they were not on speaking terms. They cobbled something together obviously for 2023 and I have no idea what terms they were on by the end of last season. But I don't think Josh needed persuading to let Stef go but it that way.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brand J said:

I never thought Diggs lost a step last year. If Allen connects on some of those bombs where Stefon was streaking down the field (aside from the KC miss), the narrative would be different. I just think his act ran its course.

He was dropping the ball way more than usual, and not fighting for catches like he normally does. He was definitely “off”. Whether it’s because he lost a step or just mentally checked out is kind of irrelevant to us. He had to go.

His buddies supporting him, and his new teammate saying he’s in the best shape of his life are pretty much irrelevant. Similar stories come out every offseason for washed players. His play on the field will show it one way or the other.

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Don Shula summed it up a few decades ago.

"We will tolerate you until we can replace you"

The team decided to get younger and remake the roster.  So a constant threat to the locker room is shipped out.  

Now Josh Allen is the guy in charge at all times and there is no veteran Diva WR that views himself above the quarterback.  

Team Building 101.  They will lose ability on the field with the loss of Diggs and Davis but the plan is to gain in the locker room and in practice.  They have firepower and will have salary space in the next few years to go out and get that ability they are looking for if the current group comes up short.  

In the short term The Bills will have a peaceful situation and the Texans are now on a short list of Favorites in the NFC because they traded for a savior at wr.  There is no need for the Bills to care at all about this guy anymore.  He wanted out and they sent him to where he wanted to go.  Anything he says going forward concerns him and the texans.  

It remains to be seen whether Beane can actually replace Diggs. Might be a case of putting the cart before the horse.

Diggs disappeared during playoff time.  If he was upset that the Bills weren’t going to win a SB he should start by looking in the mirror.  

I’m not a Diggs hater.  Appreciate what he did for us.  Elevated this franchise.  But the experiment is over and time to try something new.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, julian said:

I never believed he’s diminished in any significant way, it was always his on the field antics that I want no part of. Served his purpose and it was clearly time, he wanted to be Gone as much or more than they wanted him gone.

Didn’t he do the same thing in Minnesota? Isn’t that how he came to Buffalo?

What are these guys supposed to say? This isn't the WWE. Is Dawkins supposed to challenge him to a cage match? Do they still do those? 

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Also he's a temperamental jerk.  Don't forget that. 

Maddy Glab vindication 

I’m so sick of “Diggs just wants to win” BS narrative.  What player in the NFL does not “just wants to win”?    You play to win the game.  Don’t justify diva behavior 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Didn’t he do the same thing in Minnesota? Isn’t that how he came to Buffalo?

I’m not sure about showing up his QB on the sidelines like he did to Allen, but he definitely made his feelings known publicly via social media.

They were definitely happy to see him go, I have a good friend who’s a lifelong Viking fan. The day of the trade I was ecstatic and he was laughing at me and told me it wouldn’t end well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Call him what you will, but we are going to Bills fans the rest of our lives. He only has a few years left in the league to win a ring. Don’t forget that.

I’m aware.  He’ll have even fewer if he acts elsewhere as he did here.  Adios to that headache.  The Bills decided their odds of winning then Super Bowl are better without him. 

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

It remains to be seen whether Beane can actually replace Diggs. Might be a case of putting the cart before the horse.

Framing it that way is the first mistake.  They are not replacing diggs.  They have changed their approach.  

Diggs and Davis are gone.  There is a new coordinator.  The run game should be excellent and better this year.  The offensive line is deep.  Talented Tight end group.

If the running game is what I think it is then this group of wr is going to be just fine and if they are missing a certain element, like a blazing fast deep threat or another play they want inside they have the resources going forward to go find one.

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm 65.  I take metformin off-label as a longevity aid, as well as a variety of other supplements.  I eat lots of fruits and veggies.  I practice TRE (time-restricting eating) and don't eat from 7pm to 7am.  I exercise 6 times/week.  I sleep 8 hours/night.  I meditate daily. 

I'm putting up the best fight I can but Father Time is still winning - I run slower than a 3-legged hippo and am probably less graceful.  

You should look into Berberine. Far more beneficial overall in the body effecting a wide range of systems than Metformin and actually outperforms Metformin in clinical studies in the one thing it's actually supposed to do well.

I'm 49 and as someone who is in good enough shape to compete in fitness shows for my age, I hear you on that...constantly fighting some sort of nagging injury or muscle strain or something that just doesn't feel right.

Sucks, but all you can do is delay the inevitable.

I have a pretty comprehensive supplement regimen and virtually all natural diet tho so that definitely helps. 

I also do 5:2 fasting where I do what amounts to a 30-36 hour fast twice a week.

I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s or 30s but I sure don't feel better on a day to day basis 🤣

Edited by Big Turk

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Breaking News:

Friends of former player and new current QB defend said player.

More at 11. 

Yeah, it's also kind of weak sauce defense: "He's just misunderstood!" "You say drama, I say passion!"

There's no question that Diggs has a PhD in route-running moves.  The questions are:

1) has he lost a step as far as speed and game savvy?  He was observed breaking his routes short of the sticks and taking a long time to get off the line last season?

2) can he hold up over the course of a season and into the playoffs?  Last two years he has started off hot, and cooled off big time.  That's not uncommon as "Father Time" takes his inevitable toll, the hard part about a football season for older players is recovery each week, and also healing from nagging injuries

Also, the way defenses like KC (twice), PHI, NWE, CINN etc manage to neutralize or limit Diggs effectiveness is by being physical with him all game and holding him as much as the refs will let them get away with.  It's great to have all those slick moves Keenum talks about, but they don't mean as much if the CB is allowed to get his hands on you downfield

Edited by Beck Water

53 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You should look into Berberine. Far more beneficial overall in the body effecting a wide range of systems than Metformin and actually outperforms Metformin in clinical studies in the one thing it's actually supposed to do well.

I'm 49 and as someone who is in good enough shape to compete in fitness shows for my age, I hear you on that...constantly fighting some sort of nagging injury or muscle strain or something that just doesn't feel right.

Sucks, but all you can do is delay the inevitable.

I have a pretty comprehensive supplement regimen and virtually all natural diet tho so that definitely helps. 

I also do 5:2 fasting where I do what amounts to a 30-36 hour fast twice a week.

I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s or 30s but I sure don't feel better on a day to day basis 🤣

Congrats!  I wish I could say I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s or 30s!  

Thanks for the berberine recommendation.  I take metformin because Nir Barzilai, David Sinclair, and other longevity researchers take it.  But I don't want to be  like tech enterpreneur/longevity biohacker Bryan Johnson who takes over 100 pills a day.  So I settled on a short list: metformin, NMN, omega-3, and creatine (for sarcopenia).   I've read about berberine and have been waiting for more science.  I'll take another look.

Let me give you a recommmendation in return: Read Outlive by Peter Attia if you haven't already.  It's a little too science-y at times and I thought his chapter on mental health was weak, but Attia's got a tremendous understanding of longevity science.   His podcast is good, too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, julian said:

I’m not sure about showing up his QB on the sidelines like he did to Allen, but he definitely made his feelings known publicly via social media.

They were definitely happy to see him go, I have a good friend who’s a lifelong Viking fan. The day of the trade I was ecstatic and he was laughing at me and told me it wouldn’t end well.

I'm pretty sure there were scenes of Diggs yelling at Cousins on the sideline.  

• Haha (+1) 3