Dion Dawkins on Diggs trade

21 hours ago, Warcodered said:

As we approach team workouts I'm sure our annual Fat Dion thread is on it's way.

Looked like he had his "skinny bod" on, ready to go shirtless on the red carpet.

AND HE CAN MOVE!

• 3 months later...

Seems that Dawkins & Rasul have some strong opinions favoring Diggs, and according to Case Keenum Diggs has done anything but lost a step.  

Just throwing it out there for the wolves since I didn't see it mentioned.  LOL  

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2024/07/17/dion-dawkins-rasul-douglas-defend-stefon-diggs-buffalo-bills-houston-texans-trade-nfl/

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-stefon-diggs-brian-thomas-jr-gabriel-davis-jaguars-texans-titans/

It's going to be an interesting fall and a referendum on a bunch of stuff.  

I never believed he’s diminished in any significant way, it was always his on the field antics that I want no part of. Served his purpose and it was clearly time, he wanted to be Gone as much or more than they wanted him gone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Diggs’ problem was with the coaching staff. He got it in his head they weren’t going to win the Super Bowl with McDermott & got out. Let’s hope he’s wrong. 

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I never thought Diggs lost a step last year. If Allen connects on some of those bombs where Stefon was streaking down the field (aside from the KC miss), the narrative would be different. I just think his act ran its course.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Diggs’ problem was with the coaching staff. He got it in his head they weren’t going to win the Super Bowl with McDermott & got out. Let’s hope he’s wrong. 

Also he's a temperamental jerk.  Don't forget that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I think Digg's problem with the coaching staff was not McDermott but J Brady.  The taking himself out on key 3rd downs when he wasn't injured is unacceptable.  I think it was a Diggs or J Brady situation and the FO/team chose J Brady.

• Like (+1) 2

Diggs had proven to be a distraction. There was friction between Diggs and JA. There was friction between Diggs and the coaching staff. There may have been friction between Diggs and Beane. We were able to get out from under Diggs contract and get a 2nd in return. Everyone has handled themselves in a professional manner since. 

• Like (+1) 10

42 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

This is not true btw. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Don Shula summed it up a few decades ago.

"We will tolerate you until we can replace you"

The team decided to get younger and remake the roster.  So a constant threat to the locker room is shipped out.  

Now Josh Allen is the guy in charge at all times and there is no veteran Diva WR that views himself above the quarterback.  

Team Building 101.  They will lose ability on the field with the loss of Diggs and Davis but the plan is to gain in the locker room and in practice.  They have firepower and will have salary space in the next few years to go out and get that ability they are looking for if the current group comes up short.  

In the short term The Bills will have a peaceful situation and the Texans are now on a short list of Favorites in the NFC because they traded for a savior at wr.  There is no need for the Bills to care at all about this guy anymore.  He wanted out and they sent him to where he wanted to go.  Anything he says going forward concerns him and the texans.  

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Whatever the case.....he was virtually a non-factor down the stretch and we were winning games.  He's been a no-show in the playoffs most games. 

I loved him, but IMO it may help Josh become a better QB / leader 

Matt Stafford became a better QB when Megatron retired... just sayin'.

• Like (+1) 2

So these quotes pretty much confirm that there were locker room issues with Diggs though whether it was with the coaching staff or other players one cannot tell. My guess is that there were issues with both.

Douglas' quote also doesn't seem particularly supportive of Diggs.  He was very careful with his words and he didn't just gush about what a great guy Diggs is like Dawkins did.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billy Claude said:

So these quotes pretty much confirm that there were locker room issues with Diggs though whether it was with the coaching staff or other players one cannot tell. My guess is that there were issues with both.

Douglas' quote also doesn't seem particularly supportive of Diggs.  He was very careful with his words and he didn't just gush about what a great guy Diggs is like Dawkins did.  

Damning w faint praise

Pry easy to read into imo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1