Im Dum

About a year ago (all caught up in off-season enthusiasm), I predicted that Drew was gonna have a rebirth in '04.

With the teams professed commitment to the Power Running Game, McNally getting the O-line in shape with big Mike, etc... I thought Drew was gonna do what Elway did in the 90's.

I posted stats from Elway & the Broncos that showed (I thought) how a good run game could make a QB look like a genius. That Elway's stats (like Bledsoe's) were actually shaky for a number of years, but that he came on strong with 2 titles at the end of his career, thanks to a better system... just like the Bills!

Ha! What a shmuck I was.

Don't feel too bad. I wanted to believe as well. The difference I think is Drew just didn't have that inner spark that drives people like Elway to excel. Drew has all the natural talent that you can ask for, but there's just something missing with him.

About a year ago (all caught up in off-season enthusiasm), I predicted that Drew was gonna have a rebirth in '04.

With the teams professed commitment to the Power Running Game, McNally getting the O-line in shape with big Mike, etc... I thought Drew was gonna do what Elway did in the 90's.

I posted stats from Elway & the Broncos that showed (I thought) how a good run game could make a QB look like a genius.  That Elway's stats (like Bledsoe's) were actually shaky for a number of years, but that he came on strong with 2 titles at the end of his career, thanks to a better system... just like the Bills!

Ha!  What a shmuck I was.

359102[/snapback]

I was with ya brother lol

I posted stats from Elway & the Broncos that showed (I thought) how a good run game could make a QB look like a genius.  That Elway's stats (like Bledsoe's) were actually shaky for a number of years, but that he came on strong with 2 titles at the end of his career, thanks to a better system... just like the Bills!

359102[/snapback]

Well, how about this year? <_<

Well, how about this year? <_<

359120[/snapback]

This year I predict another TD blockbuster as he signs the Fantastic Four on opening day. That rock guy will fill the hole at LT, giving JP all the time he needs to find that rubber guy open over the middle (he catches everything!). In the red zone, Invisible Girl is the ultimate weapon. She just appears in the corner of the end zone and blam...TD every time. Plus she's pretty hot too. That fire guy, I don't know, maybe we could use him to create a diversion on special teams or something. I predict that Moulds will restructure to make room under the cap for this.

Record: 16-0, AFC champs, first Bills Superbowl win! (85-3 over the Falcons).

Hey, we've all made dumb predictions.

Re: Elway, people always want to give Terrell Davis credit for those SB's. What puts Elway over the top in my eyes (besides the fact those 97/98 Bronco teams having arguably the worst championship defense in NFL history, which nobody ever seems to mention) is the fact that he carried a mediocre team without a running game to the SB 3 times before he won one. Forget about Bledsoe - Marino didn't do that with a similar supporting cast, and yet many compare him favorably to Elway. It's almost like those 2 SB wins hurt his legacy if that's possible.

Don't feel too bad.  I wanted to believe as well.  The difference I think is Drew just didn't have that inner spark that drives people like Elway to excel.  Drew has all the natural talent that you can ask for, but there's just something missing with him.

359104[/snapback]

I don't believe Drew lacks the burning desire to succeed, I think he lacks the ability to make quick reads and throw the short/intermediate throws accurately. You can want to excell all you want, but if you just can't do things that are necessary for success, you're bound to fail.

359102[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry about it. How about this one:

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.

- Thomas J. Watson [Fomer IBM CEO]

Nobody really cares all that much about predictions that are wrong... unless you're a stockbroker.

<_<

This year I predict another TD blockbuster as he signs the Fantastic Four on opening day.  That rock guy will fill the hole at LT, giving JP all the time he needs to find that rubber guy open over the middle (he catches everything!).  In the red zone, Invisible Girl is the ultimate weapon.  She just appears in the corner of the end zone and blam...TD every time.  Plus she's pretty hot too.  That fire guy, I don't know, maybe we could use him to create a diversion on special teams or something.  I predict that Moulds will restructure to make room under the cap for this.

Record: 16-0, AFC champs, first Bills Superbowl win!  (85-3 over the Falcons).

359178[/snapback]

Man, you figured it all out!