Brazil: Government / US State Dept. Bans X

You can’t claim to support democracy and refuse to stand up for the very rights and principles that make that democracy possible.  

You either oppose these tyrants or you’re no different then North Korea.  

Because that’s where this leads.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

On 9/1/2024 at 4:37 PM, Big Blitz said:

You can’t claim to support democracy and refuse to stand up for the very rights and principles that make that democracy possible.  

You either oppose these tyrants are you’re no different then North Korea.  

Because that’s where this leads.   

You posting the tweet of a guy whose entire online profile is hating Jews and who demands all minorities are deported from America is astonishingly on brand. Well done! 

I’d be ashamed of myself if I was related to you. 

• Agree 1

On 8/31/2024 at 10:06 AM, BillsFanNC said:

It will be interesting if they will employ that type of work around, then tweet from the local media accounts who are present at the game in Brazil as if the tweets are actually originating from there.

Either way US fans in Brazil for the game will not be able to follow anything on X.

I went to the London game last year and I remember following on X like I always do for inactives and other updates.  This will not be possible for local Packers and Eagles fans.

Par for the 2024 course.

Travel to Brazil for the game at your own peril.  Glad I went to Rio in 2017 when it was the safest its probably been in decades, because the Olympics had just been there.

Edited by Doc

The Packers and Eagles are scheduled to play this Friday in Brazil, where 𝕏 has just been banned in a sweeping crackdown on free speech.

So let me get this straight...

The MLB took away the All-Star game from Atlanta because Georgia passed voting integrity laws.

The NCAA boycotted North Carolina because it had a law to keep mentally ill men out of girls' bathrooms.

Thirty years ago, the NFL took the Super Bowl away from Arizona because voters didn't vote to make MLK Day a paid holiday.

Why is the NFL bringing its road show to Brazil while the country is at war against free speech?

• Thank you (+1) 1