Calling it now: You're all about to witness the arrival of Shakir

Well its almost go time!  Definitely a lot more people have come around to optimism with Shakir since I posted this despite many still holding on to doubts and naysaying...but we will see what is to come now that the season is upon us!    

Just for a little excitement for the crowd who is high on him like me...this is a fun watch!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I am definitely going to draft him a round or 2 higher than his ADP, that's for sure

As a fantasy football junkie, IMHO, his ADP is maybe the best value of any player in fantasy football right now.  He is so undervalued by people who aren't Bills fans thanks to Diggs, Davis, and Kincaid being so known last year that lots of people didn’t notice what Shakir was doing 2nd half of last season.  

It’s honestly almost too risky to wait to round 12 to get him and miss out on that value.  I would say round 9 or 10 he is still going to be a steal by end of season.  I got him in round 12 in my first draft and round 10 in my next 2 where the guys in my leagues were a little more savvy.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well its almost go time!  Definitely a lot more people have come around to optimism with Shakir since I posted this despite many still holding on to doubts and naysaying...but we will see what is to come now that the season is upon us!    

Just for a little excitement for the crowd who is high on him like me...this is a fun watch!

I don't have the best memory, but I recall in the past people saying the Bills had very low YAC chances because of ball placement. I noticed in a lot of these clips, he doesn't have a lot of opportunity to catch in stride & keep going, though he did make some plays breaking tackles or taking a screen way down field.

Is that because of his position & routes he's running, or is that an Allen thing? I legit don't know, but I do remember the conversations about low YAC & feel Shakir has a chance to be an exception to that.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't have the best memory, but I recall in the past people saying the Bills had very low YAC chances because of ball placement. I noticed in a lot of these clips, he doesn't have a lot of opportunity to catch in stride & keep going, though he did make some plays breaking tackles or taking a screen way down field.

Is that because of his position & routes he's running, or is that an Allen thing? I legit don't know, but I do remember the conversations about low YAC & feel Shakir has a chance to be an exception to that.

I think Allen was not as sharp with his ball placement last year personally.  When I watched that it was something I noticed as well on a couple plays and Shakir made great adjustments and showed great focus and body control to still get the pass and give himself a chance to advance the ball.  Allen always talks up how Shakir is always right where he is supposed to be and expected, and so do the coaches.  So I think on those few plays it was probably not the best ball placement for Allen, something he has been vocal about improving this season himself too.  But there were also several dimes Allen threw in there as well.

Edited by Alphadawg7

59 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I am definitely going to draft him a round or 2 higher than his ADP, that's for sure

I was able to grab Allen, Shakir and Bernard in my first fantasy draft (we play IDP).  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He's a quicker, faster and more athletic version of Beasley.  After Kincaid,  it wouldn't surprise me to see him be #2 in targets. 

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

We already did last year. It's just that the national media didn't notice. Check the ridiculously low player ratings for Kincaid and Shakir in Madden 25 and you'll see what I mean.

Some did sure, but that definitely wasn’t the majority around here as you will see if you read this thread, one of my Shakir threads last year, or any thread complaining about how bad our WR’s are this year.  

16 hours ago, 26TrapDraw said:

I love your calling it bows. This one is a sure thing. The kid works too hard not to breakout this year.

Thanks, and I see your location is Sacramento...my wife and I are leaving the beach in LA to move somewhere around Roseville, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Folsom, etc.  Our 2nd baby is due in October, so not gonna move until sometime between Dec and Feb, but you will have to let me know if there are any Bills bars in the area :)

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks, and I see your location is Sacramento...my wife and I are leaving the beach in LA to move somewhere around Roseville, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Folsom, etc.  Our 2nd baby is due in October, so not gonna move until sometime between Dec and Feb, but you will have to let me know if there are any Bills bars in the area :)

Wish there were more Bills bars but tons of Bills fans. University of beer in Sacramento is a decent one.

On 8/30/2024 at 4:17 PM, Prospector said:

He does have an odd gate

Then he should get it fixed.  He cab probably afford it.  

But how do you know what his gate looks like and why are you commenting about it when the topic was how he runs?  It’s a little creepy.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/30/2024 at 3:14 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I have spoken with Eric Moulds.  He is very confident in his protégé. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Check on official Buffalo Bills Backers list:

https://buffalobills.formstack.com/forms/bills_backers_chapter_list?utm_source=bills&utm_medium=website&utm_content=page&utm_campaign=bills-backers

It may not be a bar but many Backers groups welcome new fans.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/v1599161178/bills/npbw96rz2drfvsdcckau.pdf

• Thank you (+1) 1