Things I think

are stuupid:

Making coffee in the morning and forgetting to put the urn in place. That's what I did this AM. Ground the beans, got everything set (except placing the urn), sat down to the early news and waited. When I heard the telltale gurgling that signaled that the coffee was ready I grabbed my cup and...spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up the kitchen. That's stuupid. :lol:

What's even 'stupider'? Because I had no coffee I stopped at Starbucks for an Americano on the way to work. No friggin line! :D I walked right in, ordered and had my coffee within 90 seconds. When I get to work I notice a quote on the side of the cup that reads:

"The Way I See It #42--We know that chimpanzees possess language, culture, and self-awareness, so why don't we afford them rights? The most common argument is that if we give chimps rights, the next thing you know we'll be giving rights to squirrels. (seems this guy doesn't think much of squirrels) It seems to me, however, a pretty por decision to deny rights to those who deserve them lest we accidentally afford them to those who don't."

To a simple guy like me, that's stuupid. Please, someone help me understand the deeper meaning to what David Liss is saying.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere, unthinking mobs of “independent thinkers” wield tired clichés like cudgels, pummeling those who dare question “enlightened” dogma. If “violence never solved anything,” cops wouldn’t have guns and slaves may never have been freed. If it’s better that 10 guilty men go free to spare one innocent, why not free 100 or 1,000,000? Clichés begin arguments, they don’t settle them.

are stuupid:

Making coffee in the morning and forgetting to put the urn in place.  That's what I did this AM.  Ground the beans, got everything set (except placing the urn), sat down to the early news and waited.  When I heard the telltale gurgling that signaled that the coffee was ready I grabbed my cup and...spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up the kitchen.  That's stuupid. :D

Pony up the extra 5 bucks next time you buy a coffee maker and get one that has the little valve that doesn't allow the coffee out unless the urn is in place. :lol:

I think that animals should at least have some basic rights, including the right not to be tortured or maimed, not to be killed for greed, and not to have their habitat wantonly destroyed. If that makes me stupid, I guess I am.

And I'm a political conservative.

I think that animals should at least have some basic rights, including the right not to be tortured or maimed,  not to be killed for greed, and not to have their habitat wantonly destroyed. If that makes me stupid, I guess I am.

358978[/snapback]

Animals do have rights. They have the right to be there for our amusement. They have the right to taste good when butchered and cooked properly.

Beerball, your paper coffee cup makes an interesting point.  My paper oatmeal packet concedes this point and hastens to add that human beings are not in fact as wonderful as they often try to make themselves out to be.

358982[/snapback]

Which is why I pretty much hate everyone. :lol:

Pony up the extra 5 bucks next time you buy a coffee maker and get one that has the little valve that doesn't allow the coffee out unless the urn is in place. :D

358977[/snapback]

Got that. The problem is the thingy where the grounds mix with the water can't hold 8 cups of coffee. It fills up, then spills out the top. Fuggin mess. :lol:

I think that animals should at least have some basic rights, including the right not to be tortured or maimed,  not to be killed for greed, and not to have their habitat wantonly destroyed. If that makes me stupid, I guess I am.

358978[/snapback]

On a sliding scale I can't disagree with you, but I definitely have my limits. Chimps? OK. Snail Darters? Nope, sorry, they gotta go if they stand in the way of progress.

Guess that makes me God. :lol: Note to the guy from FSU--bug off, I'm Him.

My paper Celestial Seasonings container has a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson which warns against this attitude specifically.

358997[/snapback]

Old Ralph was smart in his day, but it doesn't apply anymore. I have a theory. I believe that when God created mankind, he allowed for so much intelligence to be split among the population. So in the older days of earth the people were very smart, and progressed quite nicely, albeit slowly. As the world became more populated the IQ was split among more and more people. Well with the population boom over the last 100 years, the IQ pool has really been thinned out to where there are only a few of us who have an IQ higher than a toaster. Which is why I pretty much think the way I do.

:D:lol::lol:

are stuupid:

Making coffee in the morning and forgetting to put the urn in place.  That's what I did this AM.  Ground the beans, got everything set (except placing the urn), sat down to the early news and waited.  When I heard the telltale gurgling that signaled that the coffee was ready I grabbed my cup and...spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up the kitchen.  That's stuupid. :lol:

What's even 'stupider'?  Because I had no coffee I stopped at Starbucks for an Americano on the way to work.  No friggin line! :D  I walked right in, ordered and had my coffee within 90 seconds.  When I get to work I notice a quote on the side of the cup that reads:

"The Way I See It #42--We know that chimpanzees possess language, culture, and self-awareness, so why don't we afford them rights?  The most common argument is that if we give chimps rights, the next thing you know we'll be giving rights to squirrels. (seems this guy doesn't think much of squirrels) It seems to me, however, a pretty por decision to deny rights to those who deserve them lest we accidentally afford them to those who don't." 

To a simple guy like me, that's stuupid.  Please, someone help me understand the deeper meaning to what David Liss is saying.

358963[/snapback]

Dude, switch to tea at home, and Tim Horton's coffee on the road and I think you will think life et. all is much less stupider! :lol: