Woke Trans DEI Hamas Climate Demoralized Marxist CULT.

Christianity and the Hypocrisy of the Left

by Scott Hoganson

The American Left is like a dog with a bone when it comes to attacking religion. Barely a day goes by without somebody holding some totalitarian worldview yelping about how Christianity in the United States is creating a new era of racism or anti-LGBTQism or some other form of generalized hate for something or other.

The Left recently warned that flying the colonial era “Appeal to Heaven” flag is a leading indicator of one who is “extremely invested in the semiotics of American fascism.”  No less alarming is how Christianity is fomenting an “ideology that justifies any tyranny that one’s nation might inflict.”

Such dangerous behavior is surely fueled by the irresponsible rhetoric of the Right-Wing political class. Imagine the fevered ravings of a radical Christian Nationalist talking to and through the national media, to practically insist that freedom loving Americans abandon our civic norms with the veiled demand, “I ask you to join with me in prayer."

This extremist invokes the name of “almighty God” with a hubristic request for providential  intervention “to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization.”

This theocratic rant then leads to imploring this almighty God “to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith,” and this toxic sentiment is punctuated with “O Lord, give us Faith. Give us Faith in Thee.”

Perhaps the darkest passage comes when this man, this threat to democracy, tries to coerce mindless simps into submission saying “Thy will be done, Almighty God,” as if some spirit in the sky has anything to do with anything.

He then demands that “people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer,” a hair's breadth away from the establishment of religion. It’s nothing short of a militant call for replacing our cherished freedoms with an oppressive, government-imposed belief system. 

In the parlance of the American Left, this is something we might expect from "Christian boogeyman" and House Speaker Mike Johnson or “fake Christian” Donald Trump or an "unhinged" Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene but it’s not.

It’s Franklin Delano Roosevelt addressing the nation on D-Day.

https://townhall.com/columnists/scotthogenson/2024/06/09/christianity-and-the-hypocrisy-of-the-left-n2640103

Link has the full address.

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s an episcopal church. They’re the most progressive Christian sect, so this is not surprising. 

Also not surprising is that James Lindsey doesn’t know this, but he hasn’t stepped foot in a church in his life so. 

• BillsFanNC changed the title to Woke Trans DEI Hamas Climate Demoralized Marxist CULT.

Mentally ill. In a sane world child services would step in and remove the child from the parents to prevent physical harm.

Unfortunately, today they are more likely to remove the child if the parents oppose the sex change.

856e697e5a44f487ef32ae38ca49b777ea96114a

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Mentally ill. In a sane world child services would step in and remove the child from the parents to prevent physical harm.

Unfortunately, today they are more likely to remove the child if the parents oppose the sex change.

856e697e5a44f487ef32ae38ca49b777ea96114a

“Honor this progress. For a month if you have to.”

-Frankish 

19 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

-Frankish 

I'll give YOU till the end of the month to recognize the difference between respecting people regardless of sex/gender and endorsing absolutely every decision of people who are not in your situation.

20 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

-Frankish 

1995 LGB community:

Don't judge us based our sexuality. 

2024 LGBTQIA+ community:

Honor us for an entire month, and multiple other days throughout the year, based on our sexuality. 

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'll give YOU till the end of the month to recognize the difference between respecting people regardless of sex/gender and endorsing absolutely every decision of people who are not in your situation.

Is respecting the same thing as honoring and celebrating? I respect the journalistic achievements of Glenn Greenwald and have no opinion either way on the way he lives his life, even if he is self-hating, but don’t feel the need to honor or celebrate him in any way. 

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Is respecting the same thing as honoring and celebrating? I respect the journalistic achievements of Glenn Greenwald and have no opinion either way on the way he lives his life, even if he is self-hating, but don’t feel the need to honor or celebrate him in any way. 

Think about honoring and even celebrating the progress we have made in America, and the role of all of us regardless of sex/gender in making that happen.

I don't see the need to honor and celebrate every black American, but Black History Month is still important.