The Truth vs. Alex Jones - A Must Watch

Posted (edited)

From one of the embedded tweets: "it's pretty bizarre that the parents have more animosity towards Jones than towards the actual shooter."

Not bizarre at all.

The actual shooter was a seriously disturbed kid, clearly in the pretty serious range on the autism spectrum among other things. His level of culpability must be viewed through that lens. Evil? Yes. But what made him do this? Lots of reasons that have to do with how we treat (as families and societies) disturbed/"neuro-divergent" kids. Maybe a good idea would be to keep him away from violent video games and real life firearms. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/12/09/sandy-hook-shooter-adam-lanza-had-scorn-humanity/2259413002/

Alex Jones, on the other hand? Perfectly sane, profiteering off the misery of others. I take that into account too.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's the end result of his going through this trial process like a toddler having a tantrum, if he'd been an adult he'd likely still lost but probably a lower amount. Plus just refusing to cooperate unless there's some form of contempt charges that put him in jail and I don't think they really want/can with civil cases so the number just keeps going up.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:15 PM, LeviF said:

you’re never going to convince me that being mean is worth one billion dollars

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

Maybe you can tell us exactly how much it should be worth.

Should it be based on an estimate of how much Alex Jones made by making up stories about how the plaintiff parents were "crisis actors?"

How much were the parents harmed by these defamatory statements? 

Have you had a child killed by a school shooter such that you have personal experience of how much additional harm was inflicted on you by Alex Jones claiming that you are an actor faking your grief?

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe you can tell us exactly how much it should be worth.

Should it be based on an estimate of how much Alex Jones made by making up stories about how the plaintiff parents were "crisis actors?"

How much were the parents harmed by these defamatory statements? 

Have you had a child killed by a school shooter such that you have personal experience of how much additional harm was inflicted on you by Alex Jones claiming that you are an actor faking your grief?

On 3/26/2024 at 11:48 PM, LeviF said:

You could have just read my post to begin with and saved us both some time. 

The interesting thing here (and by that I certainly don't mean the @LeviF posts):

Ordinarily you have a judgment against someone, you move against their assets.

Infowars. That's the main asset, the one that produces revenue thru the hawking of Alex Jones Virility Pills or whatever.

But you can't really do that here, since without Alex Jones I guess there is no Infowars. What are the plaintiffs going to do? Seize Infowars and then employ Alex Jones to continue to spin the conspiracy lies that they sued him over?

They're kind of stuck.

I empathize.

With them, not with the creep Alex Jones.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

The interesting thing here (and by that I certainly don't mean the @LeviF posts):

Infowars. That's the main asset, the one that produces revenue thru the hawking of Alex Jones Virility Pills or whatever.

But you can't really do that here, since without Alex Jones I guess there is no Infowars. What are the plaintiffs going to do? Seize Infowars and then employ Alex Jones to continue to spin the conspiracy lies that they sued him over?

They're kind of stuck.

I empathize.

Yeah it's kind of weird spot to be in. Do they essentially put a lien on his business just seizing any profits until the debt is settled? Or just shut it down, call it a day and take the symbolic victory and whatever that means for them? I can't imagine it's going to be worth much by itself. Not like he owns a factory or something.

• Like (+1) 1

They want freedom of speech so that they can lie completely free of consequence.  If you ever look at the bios in X the ones who tout freedom of speech most are the ones that are most like Alex Jones.  F Jones.   My guess is he believes 10% of what he says.  It's an act to get stupid people to buy his stupid shite.

It's dangerous because as a country education is lacking.  People believe him not realizing he's a looney toon that will say literally anything for a buck.

36 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They're kind of stuck.

I empathize.

But I believe certain assets are shielded from liability in certain states.  So, while you may be awarded $500k from a jury, and have have $1,000,000 in your 401k (or assets coming from a pension), you may still recover $0--correct? 

3 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

The dumbing down of America. About 1/3 of this country is filled with pure white trash. Just some of the dumbest mother ***** that walk on the face of the earth!

The conspiracy stuff is a real problem.   I've checked out infowars.  It is insane.   The people there have real, serious problems.  We've got to get back to a place where news is fact driven. 

7 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The conspiracy stuff is a real problem.   I've checked out infowars.  It is insane.   The people there have real, serious problems.  We've got to get back to a place where news is fact driven. 

That won’t happen. People are too *****en stupid!

They fall for this crap.

💩 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The shooter is dead. Alex Jones is alive and his followers are harassing the families of the kids. No kidding they have more animosity towards Jones. 

This is another right wing SEE THEY ARE AGAINST FREE SPEECH crusade and once again you’re slurping it up with no thought to the matter. 

Attempting to seize his means of expression. 

Nah, this is about more than damages. 

Tim Dillon (guy in the clip) and those like him are pretty normal people politics-wise.   Sorry that people are noticing how over the top this has become. 

3 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Infowars is insane most of the time. 

Remember when they spread the Russian collusion hoax, told us Hunter’s laptop was fake and lectured on how the covid vaccine was safe, effective and stopped transmission of the virus?

Oh, wait.. that was our mainstream media.  

I’ll assume you have the same issues with legacy media. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Infowars is insane most of the time. 

Remember when they spread the Russian collusion hoax, told us Hunter’s laptop was fake and lectured on how the covid vaccine was safe, effective and stopped transmission of the virus?

Oh, wait.. that was our mainstream media.  

I’ll assume you have the same issues with legacy media. 

Of course legacy media needs to improve.  You'll be harping on that one example a year from now as X posts hundreds of utterly fake or twisted stories a day.  Just like the old lady abortion protestor story you shared about a week ago that was horse shite.  You want X to be some bastion of freedom of speech.  That'd be nice.  Unfortunately the crazies already took over.  It's 8chan.  

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Of course legacy media needs to improve.  You'll be harping on that one example a year from now as X posts hundreds of utterly fake or twisted stories a day.  Just like the old lady abortion protestor story you shared about a week ago that was horse shite.  You want X to be some bastion of freedom of speech.  That'd be nice.  Unfortunately the crazies already took over.  It's 8chan.  

X doesn’t post anything.  People expressing free speech do and that includes the crazies.  And if you’re American you’d fight to see all their voices are heard.  Or not.  Unfollow.  Create your own bubble.  Don’t worry.  We know the State is going to do all it can if 2024 goes bad to shut down X.  

If you prefer the real arbiters of truth in this country just tune in to CNN, MSNBC, The View, Jimmy Kimmel, Saturday Night Live, or read The NY Times, Washington Post, or the New Yorker.  All will provide you with state endorsed truth.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Dont need to harp on anything from a year ago. 

Mainstream media is literally telling us, this week, that Biden videos are “selectively edited cheap fakes”.  

It’s a talking point from the WH with zero basis in reality.  The videos aren’t edited .. in fact, videos being shown on NBC, ABC, CNN etc., when discussing the story are edited to make Biden look more competent. 

So unless you want zero outlets to exist.. the best we can do is push back.  (Like was done on the abortion story)

I have no problem when it’s pointed out sources I’ve used were wrong or biased.  And im not calling on Orwellian censorship of outlets I disagree with. 

Same can’t be said for everyone.. and only one side is calling for mass censorship campaigns (when they themselves literally spread misinformation)